Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

TowerofOil posted:

I cant loving wait to go back to work tomorrow for number. My roommates job had multiple people test positive for the roni last week and his work closed for all of one loving day and opened again, he goes back to work tomorrow too

my brother works in a sausage factory and they’ve had one confirmed case, and he told me about two different people collapsing and not being able to catch their breath. they closed today and are back open tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress you

i already have a posting nemesis randomblue please cease this random provocation

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nodelphi posted:

Hopefully not, it depends if I’m the only one there and have two airways to do at the same time I guess. Also the backup plan for running out of ventilators is to have families bag loved ones in shifts until a ventilator can be jury rigged for buddy breathing.

we're gonna be at 100+ patients/vent lol

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Schnorkles posted:

you can't be accepted in c-spam unless you have a posting nemesis
Is there like system in place? Do I ask someone over PM to be my nemesis or do it just yell "gently caress you" to random people?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol when I did grocery delivery of non perishable stuff I could just put in a closet for later some stuff was missing because it was sold out including some of the bread but tortillas and cornbread were fine

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

death to beardos

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brought Iran to its knees

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SardonicTyrant posted:

Is there like system in place? Do I ask someone over PM to be my nemesis or do it just yell "gently caress you" to random people?

I'll be your posting nemesis if you want

uh

you moron!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Taram Gilliam. Most known for being on SNL and for marrying the actress who plays Robin from how I met your mother

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

7 days ago we were speculating on when we would hit 1 million cases and if it'd hit prior to the weekend

today it seems almost certain we'll hit 2 million cases by next weekend

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

SardonicTyrant posted:

thankfully c-spam is filled with people who are more than ready to yell at you for any reason

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

cops are out in front of HEBs in San Antonio limiting all families/groups to 1 person entering the store. which seems smart.

anime was right posted:

HEB has better central planning than our federal government, and also the state of texas

Haven't been in texas for a few months since before this all started but I'm guessing that huge beaver gas station has deployed their own private militia to enforce their corporate social distancing requirements?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Schnorkles posted:

i already have a posting nemesis randomblue please cease this random provocation

god drat it...

*packs up his fightin' words kit and moves along*

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Terror Sweat posted:

Taram Gilliam. Most known for being on SNL and for marrying the actress who plays Robin from how I met your mother

thanks!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SardonicTyrant posted:

gently caress you buddy!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zyme posted:

Haven't been in texas for a few months since before this all started but I'm guessing that huge beaver gas station has deployed their own private militia to enforce their corporate social distancing requirements?

Truckers are mad all the city folk ran to the Buc-ee's and Pilots and stripped them bare

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

facetoucher cat posted:

I tried to use a vape but it hurt my lungs in unimaginable ways. I think I'm just going to quit all of it and use nicotine gum or the patch

that's how it was for me a year and a half ago when I tried juuling. seemed really bad

I went from half pack a day to three pieces (4mg each, 12mg total) of nicotine gum a day trivially easily 3-4 weeks ago

ymmv but I havent even found myself missing the ritual of smoking, the chewing seems to help fill that niche

one thing to be wary of is you have to be conservative w chewing the poo poo, otherwise it all releases at the jump and feels lovely / gives you heartburn or hiccups

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

real talk i've all but retreated into a work and home centric hole right now because the news is just too dire and its hard for me to process!

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

fascinated by the unfolding drama of woofer and quetzadilla becoming posting nemeses

Shallow dnd mod cares only about petty poo poo and decorum, news at 11

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zyme posted:

the texas highway patrol has fully mutinied and pledged their eternal allegiance to bucees

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dew worm posted:

apparently the most common side effect from chantix is horrible nightmares

it fuckin ruled. i got into an underwater fist fight with a blue whale and another where I hid up a tree cuz the wu tang clan was going on a "purge" style murder spree and odb was after me with a shot gun. id take it recreationally for a couple weeks if I could

nicotine patch dreams were pretty tame in comparison.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Spime Wrangler posted:

any lib that loves peer review is definitely primed to adopt marxism, the most-cited body of work in the last thirty years

The OP was arguing that chuds are somehow likelier to "convince" than liberals.

I will always argue that people who accept science will be more likely to turn leftist than those who don't i.e. chuds.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the texas highway patrol has fully mutinied and pledged their eternal allegiance to bucees

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Funion posted:

I will always argue that people who accept science will be more likely to turn leftist than those who don't i.e. chuds.

nah libs use science to justify their current worldview of "gently caress the poor" and are pretty immune to emotional arguments. ive swayed chuds with emotional arguments before. or at the very least they have higher emotional intelligence. there are definitely libs you can radicalize and chuds that are immune to any emotinoal argument bc at the end of the day racism and abortion win out in their mind, but i've found chuds are easier to persuade.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Funion posted:

lol I completely agree that it would probably be more difficult to get me to say we should all go to a football game right now than it would be to convince Karen’s husband to stay in the loving house.

hes got me there.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Schnorkles posted:

ah poo poo, quick somebody call me a dumbass lib

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Funion posted:

accepting bourgeois science has nothing to do with it

plenty of ultra chuds that can do stats and diffeq out there

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

TowerofOil posted:

ah poo poo, quick somebody call me a dumbass lib

loving lib!
UNCLEAN

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

d&d is my posting nemesis

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Spime Wrangler posted:

accepting bourgeois science has nothing to do with it

plenty of ultra chuds that can do stats and diffeq out there

Imagine being so far up your own rear end you call science "bourgeois science"

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Lawman 0 posted:

loving lib!
UNCLEAN

lol nice meltdown

am i doing it right?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I order mango Juul pods from Canada because I don’t want to go back to smoking.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Squizzle posted:

fascinated by the unfolding drama of woofer and quetzadilla becoming posting nemeses

no I've followed my posting nemesis across 4 different forums over more than a decade for taking my leg and I will have vengeance someday. woofer is just some dumbass swinging for the fences in a teeball game of one.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

it fuckin ruled. i got into an underwater fist fight with a blue whale and another where I hid up a tree cuz the wu tang clan was going on a "purge" style murder spree and odb was after me with a shot gun.

that's just new york is like three days

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Quetzadilla posted:

no I've followed my posting nemesis across 4 different forums over more than a decade for taking my leg and I will have vengeance someday. woofer is just some dumbass swinging for the fences in a teeball game of one.

lol you went through my post history and then made an effort post

you’re right it’s a game of one.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1246835752824176641?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1283304/

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1246854614584082439

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

People thought that it would kill the rich Boomers, but nope -- its just going to wipe out the few Boomers left that are even vaguely sympathetic to leftier causes