Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
isnt turdfuzz or cumshitter everyone's nemesis by default?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

remember when we all thought this dude was the worst president ever lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Feral Integral posted:

Shallow dnd mod cares only about petty poo poo and decorum, news at 11

im not dnd

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Burn Zone posted:

my brother works in a sausage factory and they’ve had one confirmed case, and he told me about two different people collapsing and not being able to catch their breath. they closed today and are back open tomorrow.

so he works from home, eh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm sorry

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
My pizza dough isn't rising. Can the roni kill yeast?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

anime was right posted:

nah libs use science to justify their current worldview of "gently caress the poor" and are pretty immune to emotional arguments. ive swayed chuds with emotional arguments before. or at the very least they have higher emotional intelligence. there are definitely libs you can radicalize and chuds that are immune to any emotinoal argument bc at the end of the day racism and abortion win out in their mind, but i've found chuds are easier to persuade.

Spime Wrangler posted:

accepting bourgeois science has nothing to do with it

plenty of ultra chuds that can do stats and diffeq out there

Have any of you talked to chuds vs libs irl

There's a reason you see more libs suddenly criticizing capitalism on twitter right now, and why more chuds are going full death cult.

Anyone who says chuds are "easier to convince" than libs earns a fuckin lol from me

This is all besides the point though since people change their minds on their own and not through direct convincing

anyway thos beans

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Lawman 0 posted:

Imagine being so far up your own rear end you call science "bourgeois science"

you know, as opposed to the immortal science of marxism-leninism

the hard sciences in america are hugely driven by market forces. the american higher education system has a fundamental instrumentalist mindset that's mega-conducive to training up little chudlingtons into profit-seeking science machines

there is absolutely nothing about science as it is taught in america that prepares one to adopt leftist politics

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

facetoucher cat posted:

I tried to use a vape but it hurt my lungs in unimaginable ways. I think I'm just going to quit all of it and use nicotine gum or the patch

my dude this is NOT the time to add a vaping comorbidity onto your hospital dwathpanel chart

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

real talk i've all but retreated into a work and home centric hole right now because the news is just too dire and its hard for me to process!

*virtual hugs*

My cat has those feelings right now it would seem too

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Funion posted:

Have any of you talked to chuds vs libs irl

There's a reason you see more libs suddenly criticizing capitalism on twitter right now, and why more chuds are going full death cult.

Anyone who says chuds are "easier to convince" than libs earns a fuckin lol from me

This is all besides the point though since people change their minds on their own and not through direct convincing

anyway thos beans

absolutely, and I've noticed that the correlation in their willingness to promote leftist policies as necessary has nothing to do with their science expertise and everything to do with their material concerns

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Don Pigeon posted:

oh yeah i think thats called cannabis, right?

I just wanted to quit, I can't afford fancy things like recreational drugs, and now I don't use any nicotine at all and imo that's good

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the sausage industry has always been a loving mess

quote:

When the inspectors finally entered the premises for their daily inspection, an angered but calm-appearing Alexander would then proceed to retrieve one of his guns from his office drawer, re-enter the lobby room, then shot and killed the two USDA inspectors and a state inspector. U.S. Department of Agriculture inspectors Jean Hillery, 56, and Thomas Quadros, 52, and state Department of Food and Agriculture Inspector William Shaline, 57, were killed. One California State Inspector, Earl Willis, 51, managed to escape into a nearby bank located there on Washington Street as a now fuming Alexander chased after him down the block, which was recorded on camcorder by the proprietor of one of the nearby businesses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Alexander_(murderer)

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Spoondick posted:

remember when we all thought this dude was the worst president ever lol

he still has a higher body count for the moment

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

some people are alive and some people are dead, who is to say if this is good or not

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

my dude this is NOT the time to add a vaping comorbidity onto your hospital dwathpanel chart

Tried as in like got it and puffed half a day, couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm just quitting only took a pandemic

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

anime was right posted:

HEB has better central planning than our federal government, and also the state of texas

this article got posted earlier for those of you who didn't see it, and yeah, it blows my mind that a grocery store has spent more time thinking about this than the people who are supposed to be ruling our country.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

A chud being able to be convinced largely hinges on whether or not they're religious, because if they are yeah they've probably gone full death cult

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I smoked for 10 years. I had quit twice, each lasting 6 months. Finally quit for good last April. Here's some advice:

Break up your habits and patterns. Smoke with your non-dominate hand, smoke holding the cig different ways, use different fingers. Same goes for your lighter and matches.

Buy a different brand or change the type. The shorter the cigs, the better

Smoke while watching yourself in the mirror. For extra pain, try this naked. (This works for dieting and overeating too.)

Use a quit smoking app.

Avoid alcohol, or change your drink. I love beer, whiskey, vodka but they STILL make me want a cig. I always enjoyed red wine, but it always tasted terrible with my menthols. So I drink red wine these days.

BEWARE OF TELEVISION in that any time you watch someone light a cigarette and/or take a pull and/or exhale a big puff, you're gonna wanna scream bloody murder while your head and/or body feel like exploding. Be resilient.

The cravings will pass.
The cravings will pass.
The craving will pass.
The craving will pass.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

My mom had a really bad fall while I was asleep, huge gash in her scalp, carpet soaked in blood.

Her doctor's first piece of advice? "Is she conscious and talking? Okay, then for the love of god, don't take her to the hospital!"

What a cool time to be alive!

Edit: And now I'm thinking of the majority of Americans, let alone American elderly people, who don't have a doctor they can call who will actually pick up, or a son to take care of them, and the ER is literally the only place they can go for treatment. I'm really good at making myself feel bad, although I guess these days that isn't much of a feat.

Random Asshole has issued a correction as of 20:27 on Apr 5, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Basic Poster posted:

isnt turdfuzz or cumshitter everyone's nemesis by default?

cumshitter is my friend and ally in the eternal battle against turdfuzz

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
my favorite thing about this thread right now is that the last 500 pages have had a very very slow drama of people talking past each other about spanish tortillas and mexican tortillas and no one noticing and like every 30 pages someone responding thinking of the wrong kind when they quote someone.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zyme posted:

Haven't been in texas for a few months since before this all started but I'm guessing that huge beaver gas station has deployed their own private militia to enforce their corporate social distancing requirements?

Actually it's now controlled by *checks notes* the Peoples Liberation Army????? turns out beavers are all MLM's i guess

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Norton the First posted:

My pizza dough isn't rising. Can the roni kill yeast?

did you not keep your salt and yeast separate

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

my favorite thing about this thread right now is that the last 500 pages have had a very very slow drama of people talking past each other about spanish tortillas and mexican tortillas and no one noticing and like every 30 pages someone responding thinking of the wrong kind when they quote someone.

Paella is better.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i wrap my spanish torilla in a mexican tortilla and make a tortilla burrito

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

libs: wow, i do miss him yet

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i am going to stress eat a huge thing of doordash curry

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

My mom had a really bad fall while I was asleep, huge gash in her scalp, carpet soaked in blood.

Her doctor's primary concern? "Is she conscious and talking? Okay, then for the love of god, don't take her to the hospital!"

What a cool time to be alive!

Edit: And now I'm thinking of the majority of Americans, let alone American elderly people, who don't have a doctor they can call who will actually pick up, or a son to take care of them, and the ER is literally the only place they can go for treatment. I'm really good at making myself feel bad, although I guess these days that isn't much of a feat.

The scary thing is letting her go to sleep. Normally after falling and hitting your head you want to get that checked out.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Spime Wrangler posted:

absolutely, and I've noticed that the correlation in their willingness to promote leftist policies as necessary has nothing to do with their science expertise and everything to do with their material concerns

But the rational thinking promoted by science is actually very important when it comes to UNDERSTANDING their material concerns.

When it comes to chuds, all bets are off on the conclusion they will reach.

That's why we see some of them literally believing in a secret demon-worshipping pedophilic deep-state cabal.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ProperCoochie posted:

Smoke while watching yourself in the mirror. For extra pain, try this naked. (This works for dieting and overeating too.)

what is this supposed to do

i guess if you're quitting out of shame instead of health concerns it might work?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Zotix posted:

The scary thing is letting her go to sleep. Normally after falling and hitting your head you want to get that checked out.

That's what I thought, the crazy thing is he said it was okay after having me check her pupil dialation and one or two other things.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Spoondick posted:

i wrap my spanish torilla in a mexican tortilla and make a tortilla burrito

i like to get a can each of chickpeas and garbanzo beans because my grocery shopping should be rich in metaphor

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

at a grocery store and i'd say about 30-40% of people have masks on

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

triple sulk posted:

at a grocery store and i'd say about 30-40% of people have masks on
where do you live?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
GWB still has like 100 times the body count that Trump has so he's not off the hook yet imo. Though it's early days yet I guess

Syncopated has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Apr 5, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Radirot posted:

wow nice. more people losing their jobs is actually cool and good. you would know being homeless.

its good actually I wish i got that sweet sweet UI ON STEROIDS

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I made a mask to wear for going to the store but also found a half dozen N95s in the closet :thunk:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/frontlinepbs/status/1246883306664341504?s=19