Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Zyme posted:

Even on Sunday, still managing to clear 1k deaths for the day with a fair amount of time left. Might not end up being a blowout day, but still a respectable effort by the good old US of A.

the day starts at 7 AM EST I think so theres lots of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rexicon1 posted:

i visited an aunt who lives in the villages a couple years ago and its one of the most oppressive city states ever to exist. its the model for the billionaire security compound that will inevitably be built once the US collapses.

Like that city in Land of the Dead but for real

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
oh its 7 PM im dumb

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

it was a pretty underwhelming sequel, tbqh but then again the original deus ex was a tough act to follow

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Eat This Glob posted:

it fuckin ruled. i got into an underwater fist fight with a blue whale and another where I hid up a tree cuz the wu tang clan was going on a "purge" style murder spree and odb was after me with a shot gun. id take it recreationally for a couple weeks if I could

nicotine patch dreams were pretty tame in comparison.

this unironically will be NYC next week

(Wutang ain't nothing to gently caress with)

(also let the whale swallow you, then lunch out of its stomach, hth)

Serf
May 5, 2011

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1246650706699968513?s=19

i know what Felix is saying is true but i don't think it has ever hit me as hard as it has during this crisis. America is a monstrously ugly nation and culture and you can basically chart it all the way back to its founding and the first people who were enticed by the idea of chattel slavery more cruel than anywhere else in the civilized world and tons more native populations to genocide while becoming extremely wealthy on the bounty of the land. what depraved sociopaths it must have summoned from the vilest pits to construct this loving abomination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKbEaZ-Jnws

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo if you can only exercise in a pool

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
im honestly not sure if as a collective nation we are in fact smarter than the virus

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can he not talk like a Nazi for one day

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1246650706699968513?s=19

i know what Felix is saying is true but i don't think it has ever hit me as hard as it has during this crisis. America is a monstrously ugly nation and culture and you can basically chart it all the way back to its founding and the first people who were enticed by the idea of chattel slavery more cruel than anywhere else in the civilized world and tons more native populations to genocide while becoming extremely wealthy on the bounty of the land. what depraved sociopaths it must have summoned from the vilest pits to construct this loving abomination

I think the CV crisis really answers the question "What is America?"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

When I saw this I was expecting the Sausage King from Ferris Bullers Day Off to have been real.
Oh well.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

call it the cowardly coronavirus, that's sure to get it riled up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

solution : stay home

America’s: no

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Zyme posted:

Even on Sunday, still managing to clear 1k deaths for the day with a fair amount of time left. Might not end up being a blowout day, but still a respectable effort by the good old US of A.

day is only half over lmao, we got plenty of death left

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

alsoo OK the coronovirusbis is visible I have seen it

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

a lot of countries are designating 1 person to go out to do all groceries and errands, and I think it was either the Phillipines or Malaysia that also mandated that it must be the man of the house, which seems kind of dumb, because the rest of the household will share the same space as that one designated person so they are kind of interchangeable, but limiting one person per household to a store at a time seems smart

I guess having the same person go each time is wisest in the sense that they are more likely to catch it first and become immune?

ah yes this was when they discovered that men have no idea what to buy at the store

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

etalian posted:

Also the black community will be unable to vote due to CV in key swing states like WI leading to a Trump landslide in Nov.
b-but i thought it was le epic boomer remover...

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

Who the gently caress stress eats curry you unbelievable loving rear end in a top hat!

ME. the stress shits after almost dont make it worth it tho

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

etalian posted:

lol, also since The Villages is overrun with the GOP type of boomer they believe CV pandemic is fake news and continued on with life as usual.

Their forums are a pretty good snapshot into the boomer mindset.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
MA #s are way down for today. Not sure I believe such a drop in new cases, 1300 > 750 or so... but as a state that sort of had itself together I am hoping

Also found my emergency stash of 2x N95 masks. We used them a few times to spread diatomaceous earth when our cat got fleas a few years ago but they're in pretty new condition, certainly better than reused healthcare masks. Sitting pretty in my goon castle.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm the "vote blue people" reply that is obviously voting for Biden who won't fix a drat thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spoondick posted:

remember when we all thought this dude was the worst president ever lol

yeah right up until january 08

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

triple sulk posted:

at a grocery store and i'd say about 30-40% of people have masks on

My spouse went today as well and said about half had masks. It's a start I suppose since I went to school food pickup last Monday and mask rate was about 5%

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

the great forum of cspam will NOT apologize for its beans

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

lmao I've never gotten that offensive content interstitial warning from YouTube before

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Whoever told you that you need 14h to make bread is probably working for the brread lobby and doesn't have your best interest at heart, htbh. Soda bread takes 40 min to make with 5 min of labor. All you need is baking soda, buttermilk, flour & oats. If it's good enough for Ireland it's good enough for you goony rear end.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

You're allowed to feel upset and scared and pissed TF off. Those are totally valid emotions. Just because someone has things worse than you or your mother doesn't mean that you can't feel upset. It's how you respond to the emotions is what's important

How is your mother doing now?

Resting, her doctor cleared her to sleep. Doing pretty well all things considered - talking normally, was playing solitaire on her phone earlier. I wish there was something else I could do for her, but aside from giving her some pain meds, cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide and putting a bandaid over the huge gash in her scalp that's about it. We're both incredibly lucky, both in general just for having eachother, and in this instance because this could have been WAY worse all things considered.

gently caress.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Quetzadilla posted:

lmao I've never gotten that offensive content interstitial warning from YouTube before

that's the only video i've ever seen it on and it rules

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

http://christianfilms.com/invisible-enemies-movie-dvd.php

quote:

This spiritual warfare thriller follows a college student who finds a pair of glasses which allows him to see the demonic world. This motion picture brings to the forefront the serious spiritual battle all around us and has some good insight as to how it all works. Suspenseful!

1. Invisible Enemy
2. "Christian"
3. Warfare
4. Person with bad haircut feels under attack
5. Lmao

Case closed

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

charity rereg posted:

MA #s are way down for today. Not sure I believe such a drop in new cases, 1300 > 750 or so... but as a state that sort of had itself together I am hoping

Also found my emergency stash of 2x N95 masks. We used them a few times to spread diatomaceous earth when our cat got fleas a few years ago but they're in pretty new condition, certainly better than reused healthcare masks. Sitting pretty in my goon castle.

The virus chills out on Sunday because it is Christian.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

FizFashizzle posted:

i had a patient who was on like 3 nicotine patches once. he had some underlying heart issues too but this dude just really loved smoking

he snuck out one night and burned down two cigarettes. the added nicotine was too much and he died like fifteen minutes later.
:staredog: covid patient?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

cargo cult posted:

lol you're a real hard man. how many enemies of the people have you delivered justice to in your entire life?

playing wolfenstein and tweeting guillotine gifs in leftist womens' twitter replies doesnt count

this thread is cargocults dream come true

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

mod sassinator posted:

this unironically will be NYC next week

(Wutang ain't nothing to gently caress with)

(also let the whale swallow you, then lunch out of its stomach, hth)

Baleen whales can't swallow people because their throat basically tightens up to thr size of a grapefruit since all they really consume are small food items.

The good news is that if you somehow do get eaten their digestive system appears really lovely at digesting large,non fish/krill items.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

GABA ghoul posted:

good enough for Ireland

the lowest bar

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Quetzadilla posted:

CSPAM: Putting Maoism in Command

would be a pretty good sub-forum name change

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

corona orgy village

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

hell yeah

there should probably be a cordon around the Villages. we don't want any of them making a run for it.