Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Rexicon1 posted:

i visited an aunt who lives in the villages a couple years ago and its one of the most oppressive city states ever to exist. its the model for the billionaire security compound that will inevitably be built once the US collapses.

-pissed he didn’t get laid there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

and to think I used to say "Yeah Trump sucks, but at least he isn't directly responsible for thousands and thousands of deaths"

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
cum

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

i visited an aunt who lives in the villages a couple years ago and its one of the most oppressive city states ever to exist. its the model for the billionaire security compound that will inevitably be built once the US collapses.

do they smoke weed there?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Does anyone have the data accessible to make a scatter plot of the testing rate vs the overall mortality rate for the virus. The motivation is Iceland has a very high test rate and a very low mortality rate but other countries like Norway, Luxembourg and Switzerland have less but still high test rate with a mortality of ~1%. My assumption has always been that the "correct" mortality for a medical system before overload is around 1% of actual cases, not just positively tested cases.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

this is prudent because iirc alcohol withdrawal is potentially fatal

nj's liquor stores are open for the same reason

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Resting, her doctor cleared her to sleep. Doing pretty well all things considered - talking normally, was playing solitaire on her phone earlier. I wish there was something else I could do for her, but aside from giving her some pain meds, cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide and putting a bandaid over the huge gash in her scalp that's about it. We're both incredibly lucky, both in general just for having eachother, and in this instance because this could have been WAY worse all things considered.

gently caress.

That's really good! Don't get too mired in negative thoughts or beat yourself up for being pissed about your own circumstances relative to others. Self-flagellation won't help them, it'll just hurt you. Idk if you do therapy or practice mindfulness at all but it can help stop you from spiralling down that path if you catch yourself in a negative feedback loop. Everyone's just getting by as best they can right now and that's enough!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

new kind of cat posted:

do they smoke weed there?

They are rich white people. They do whatever they want.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

rabidcowfromhell posted:

and to think I used to say "Yeah Trump sucks, but at least he isn't directly responsible for thousands and thousands of deaths"

on the bright side, at least they're american deaths this time

too bad it's not the americans who deserve it most, though

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

cargo cult posted:

:staredog: covid patient?

died with extreme nicotine overdose, not from an extreme nicotine overdose.

pretty sure the scene from like... episode 2 of scrubs where JD has a real heart to heart with a patient who agrees to quit smoking before it kills him... then is found smoking in the stairwell is the most accurate scene in any medical show ever

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Resting, her doctor cleared her to sleep. Doing pretty well all things considered - talking normally, was playing solitaire on her phone earlier. I wish there was something else I could do for her, but aside from giving her some pain meds, cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide and putting a bandaid over the huge gash in her scalp that's about it. We're both incredibly lucky, both in general just for having eachother, and in this instance because this could have been WAY worse all things considered.

gently caress.

Yeah head wounds bleed so much. Just keep an eye on everything like I know you are. It's such a helpless feeling because we rely on these systems but we will do what we can to survive. And gently caress indeed

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

unless you only count american deaths, trump's got a long loving way to go to catch up

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

GABA ghoul posted:

Whoever told you that you need 14h to make bread is probably working for the brread lobby and doesn't have your best interest at heart, htbh. Soda bread takes 40 min to make with 5 min of labor. All you need is baking soda, buttermilk, flour & oats. If it's good enough for Ireland it's good enough for you goony rear end.

a oat isnt a real thing

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

new kind of cat posted:

corona orgy village

Salo 2: The Villages, or 120 Days of Corona

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Quetzadilla posted:

At least with chuds you can find common ground by pointing at things and saying "that's broken and hosed up." Maybe you'll disagree about the causes and the solutions but you can at least open a conversation with them. They also have a higher distrust of media and politicians than liberals do, which is beneficial.

I'm not pulling this out of the aether, I've literally had more success with small-business owner Trumpers I don't know than my #wither sister and aunt (rich, comfortable, extremely invested in her moral superiority).

Alright well keep doin god's work then and convince more chuds.

Spime Wrangler posted:

ideology is much more important

my ideology is making GBS threads on fascists, right in their mouths

doesn't get much better than that

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1246650706699968513?s=19

i know what Felix is saying is true but i don't think it has ever hit me as hard as it has during this crisis. America is a monstrously ugly nation and culture and you can basically chart it all the way back to its founding and the first people who were enticed by the idea of chattel slavery more cruel than anywhere else in the civilized world and tons more native populations to genocide while becoming extremely wealthy on the bounty of the land. what depraved sociopaths it must have summoned from the vilest pits to construct this loving abomination

demon cracker nation