Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

so does that mean they can save like super rich people no matter what if they have access to one of these?

I thought there's like a bunch of cases where there just flatly isn't anything they can do for you

a terminal case of boris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
boris is going to the hospital to give a rousing herd immunity speech

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
also i have to say i've been thinking about it ever since he said it

and even though it's not gonna happen, trump taking the HCQ to prove it's safe and then dying of it is literally the funniest scenario that I can even imagine. i'm having a super hard time even coming up with a funnier outcome that's similarly impossible

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I legitimately hope BoJo dies choking to death on his own lung juice.

His death will be cool and good and cause for a great deal of celebration.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Stefan Prodan posted:

so does that mean they can save like super rich people no matter what if they have access to one of these?

I thought there's like a bunch of cases where there just flatly isn't anything they can do for you

Most of the people put on a ventilator die anyway and I doubt being hooked up to an ECMO machine is any different. It's a last ditch effort. There are also not many of these devices to go around.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Fellatio del Toro posted:

if boris dies and half of cspam dies from laughing does that get counted as covid deaths? if im gonna die i wanna make sure i do my part to make the counter go up

It'll be counted as more deaths by communism because CORVID-19 came from a communism country.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

hope the test is to see if he doesn't die when he has a tube shoved down his throat

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stefan Prodan posted:

also i have to say i've been thinking about it ever since he said it

and even though it's not gonna happen, trump taking the HCQ to prove it's safe and then dying of it is literally the funniest scenario that I can even imagine. i'm having a super hard time even coming up with a funnier outcome that's similarly impossible

Just add that he's found dead in the toilet like Breitbart and you've hit peak comedy.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Fellatio del Toro posted:

if boris dies and half of cspam dies from laughing does that get counted as covid deaths? if im gonna die i wanna make sure i do my part to make the counter go up

i believe this would firmly be in the category of dieing with covid rather than from covid, sorry

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

when you're actually rich its like having 99 health potions, you can only be instakilled by burst dps

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this is gonna be like if america had its own 9/11

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Raiad posted:

hope the test is to see if he doesn't die when he has a tube shoved down his throat

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Stefan Prodan posted:

The tldr is that if you are at a point where you need or are on a ventilator or other such device you are fairly hosed and they can't do anything for you.

The rich and powerful can isolate better but if they get it and get it bad they are pretty much still hosed like the rest of us.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Ecmo has like 60-70% survival rate for severe respiratory failure. you have to be pretty anticoagulated and 10% end up having a stroke.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hypothetically you could ECMO someone indefinitely but in reality it doesn't work like that, it's an emergency procedure and a lot of people don't come off it alive.

If your heart or lungs are just hosed they won't do ECMO, it's for like, "this person's lungs/heart are gonna recover but they need some time to rest" kinda poo poo

It's not like you can talk or do poo poo when your lungs are being bypassed for example

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

joe exotic strikes again

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1246900303175311360

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Raiad posted:

unless you only count american deaths, trump's got a long loving way to go to catch up

just give him a chance!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

when you're actually rich its like having 99 health potions, you can only be instakilled by burst dps

like a big solid falling metal blade

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cheese eats mouse posted:

did you not keep your salt and yeast separate

poo poo, should I go salt then flour etc. into the bowl of the food processor to keep them separate? I've never done that before, and it's almost always turned out fine, but maybe that explains the couple of times it didn't.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

lol what the gently caress

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Telsa Cola posted:

The tldr is that if you are at a point where you need or are on a ventilator or other such device you are fairly hosed and they can't do anything for you.

The rich and powerful can isolate better but if they get it and get it bad they are pretty much still hosed like the rest of us.

the ventilator isn't treatment i think is the important thing to note. the ventilator (or ecmo) just keeps your body alive while they basically become religious and pray you start healing or responding to other treatment.

it's usually not a big deal to stick someone on a ventilator and give them a few days to see (comparatively, it's still a big deal and a last resort) the problem w/ covid is how many need ventilators and how long they need them for, some people do recover but only after 2 weeks on ventilators, and a lot of other people spend the same 2 weeks on a ventilator then crash anyway.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mauled by a tiger and infected by coronavirus

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Lol I'm legit developing agoraphobia over this poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

kopasetic posted:

Ecmo has like 60-70% survival rate for severe respiratory failure. you have to be pretty anticoagulated and 10% end up having a stroke.

pretty good compared to being ventilated

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Funion posted:

guys dont laugh if he dies we dont want him to die

think of how many children would be left fatherless and not even know it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Zyme posted:

lol what the gently caress

Gonna own if this just freely jumps back and forth between felines and humans.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I legitimately hope BoJo dies choking to death on his own lung juice.

His death will be cool and good and cause for a great deal of celebration.

ronichan is praxis

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How the gently caress does a tiger get a coronavirus test

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how'd they manage to get the swab way up the tigers nose

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

vyst posted:

he's an essential employee

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Gonna own if this just freely jumps back and forth between felines and humans.

lol

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1246900371706036228

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Raiad posted:

unless you only count american deaths, trump's got a long loving way to go to catch up

I am confused, how many human lives are you holding W resposible? Whatever that number is Trump will clear it with American lives.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Raiad posted:

hope he fails the test

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Norton the First posted:

poo poo, should I go salt then flour etc. into the bowl of the food processor to keep them separate? I've never done that before, and it's almost always turned out fine, but maybe that explains the couple of times it didn't.

This is a myth I throw all my salt and yeast in the water right away and all my baked goods are fine

It's more likely that your yeast is just expired, did you keep it in the fridge after opening? It will die at room temp after it's open

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
pasta aisle was a real isle of misfit toys today—
only sphaghetti-like options were these

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

vyst posted:

I assume it involves :catdrugs:

specifically, the primary legal use of ketamine is for tranquilizing felines.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Shear Modulus posted:

how'd they manage to get the swab way up the tigers nose

very loving carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017