Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

I love cats so much but they're an environmental plague in of themselves. We had two stray cats come around our apartment that people dumped when they moved so we got them neutered/spayed and gave them tons of food and made sure they had a house we would put a heating pad in when it would go below freezing because one was geriatric. The black kitty was injured by some jerk's dog off a leash so we caught it in a safe trap and brought it to the vet. Now that they've both passed, one just went away and never came back, the other we had to put to sleep recently, there's another outside cat that's already been spayed so we're keeping it FAR TF away from our porch. It's one of my cat's nemesis and he actually attacked me when he saw it and I needed to get a tetanus shot because of it. So yeah, F outside cats. Sorry not sorry. They kill birds and all kinds of things and have royally screwed up Australia. I don't know what I could have done better in my situation =(

Spay/Neuter seems like such a stopgap, I know they say the sterile colony is necessary to stop more from just showing up but it seems like strict penalties on outdoor cats, strict licensing for indoor cats that makes it prohibitively expensive to lose/replace a cat and also lots of training, and aggressive culling + bounties would be more effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

marmot25 posted:

pasta aisle was a real isle of misfit toys today—
only sphaghetti-like options were these

those spaghettis are clearly not squares tho, they're spaghetti noodle shaped

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Gum posted:

Swiss cheese? I'll have you know that boris' lungs are good old fashioned British cheddar

well the pain is extra sharp

lmao

:vince:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I didn't even know they made "square spaghetti"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

coffin meme is good because the dancing is top notch.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

squaregetti and meatcubes

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

He is hot af and was on snl

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
wow this is dark

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1246870982436048899

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Grapplejack posted:

It's fine to laugh when people with actual power die imo

normal people not so much

Normal people are protected because they are covered in the blood of Christ.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

He's 4 years old it's not easy to burn off his energy with workouts

On the plus side my wife found another 5 lbs of flour she'd forgotten about so due to all her hoarding tendencies we're up to 20 lbs + a ton of yeast + bread machine that makes a loaf every 4 hrs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spinz posted:

He is hot af and was on snl

Also Robyn is really good.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

is rand paul dead yet

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8cmFAl5JPA

I try not to worry at night
For peace on Earth, peace in my mind
The bullets and the blood bringing me down
Bring me down
I try not to worry at night
For peace on Earth or peace of my mind
Telling myself
It's not so bad to die in your sleep

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

On the plus side my wife found another 5 lbs of flour she'd forgotten about so due to all her hoarding tendencies we're up to 20 lbs + a ton of yeast + bread machine that makes a loaf every 4 hrs

He's 4 dude you have 100% control here

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Spoondick posted:

coughing tiger, hidden dragon

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Spoondick posted:

squaregetti and meatcubes

apocalypse shaping up to be pretty good

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

shovelbum posted:

Spay/Neuter seems like such a stopgap, I know they say the sterile colony is necessary to stop more from just showing up but it seems like strict penalties on outdoor cats, strict licensing for indoor cats that makes it prohibitively expensive to lose/replace a cat and also lots of training, and aggressive culling + bounties would be more effective

Agressive culling absolutely needs to be a thing and Id wager youd actually see a pretty nice bounceback in small wildlife in areas that did so.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

shovelbum posted:

He's 4 dude you have 100% control here

-tromp on tromp

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/BGsketty/status/1246883657442373632

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

oh I didn't realize you were talking about a kid lol

in that case unless you have a backyard you're totally hosed

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/bindelj/status/1246800996841467908?s=21

lol ok Karen

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Spoondick posted:

coughing tiger, shidden dragon

:smugdon:

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I hope whatever health care workers that are forced to deal with Boris are getting hazard pay

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1246925507456794626?s=19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

They’re probably going to get sued for violating a patent or something.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

It's not that expensive to get your pets neutered and spayed and most of the places I've worked with or at would do it for free if you legit just asked but so many people want to show their kids the "wonder of birth" here in the south it's insane. I don't know how it is in other parts of the US. Those people shouldn't even be licensed to own an animal if they're just using it as a live action sex education prop for your kids anyway. Reproduction is so weird for people here in the south and I don't know why. I'm broken and never understood that drive. So even licensing a pet people would just say they're breeders and churn out tons of kittens that they shove in a box in front of Walmart anyway. It's how most of those laws end up working it's seemed.

The problem I see with bounties is people in the US would just steal people's pets and say they were feral

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

kopasetic posted:

https://youtu.be/1IM9jd3XCF0

first 10 seconds of this would make a perfect casket dancing meme but I’m both lazy and incapable of creating it

https://streamable.com/zdjalj

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Zyme posted:

it didn't even hit me that he is saying a virus is smart until now. a while back he also said something to the effect of "the corona flu, virus, germ...nobody really knows what it is" while riffing during a press conference. he really truly doesn't know what a virus even is.

'nobody really knows" is a great trumpism for, 'they have given up on trying to explain this to me'

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

The problem I see with bounties is people in the US would just steal people's pets and say they were feral

I was talking about trap/neuter/release of feral colonies.

And yeah I see your point but no one is going to be breaking into someone's house over a few bucks a tail cat bounty I don't think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

how do you keep it from fogging up

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Woofer posted:

They’re probably going to get sued for violating a patent or something.

we'll mass produce them but due to materials shortages they'll omit the plastic, steal them from the state that orders them, and sell them to another state at a 900% markup

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahah

hahah

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1246926478870224897?s=21

hahahahahah

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_piedXN2mZ8

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CAPITAL GAINS