Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

we nearly had a command economy :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1246921222715310080?s=20

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

it’s like... WE are the real virus, guys

it's ecofascism to suggest that we could save the planet by just chilling the gently caress out a little

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.france24.com/en/20200405-haiti-reports-its-first-coronavirus-death

:(

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Raiad posted:

it's ecofascism to suggest that we could save the planet by just chilling the gently caress out a little

shut up, gotta have my PlayStation 5.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

2 weeks is the corona virus Friedman unit

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:69snypa::hf::350:

e: Bill Mitchell tweets are too easy imo

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 02:11 on Apr 6, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Raiad posted:

FACT: we chill out and the planet starts healing itself a bit

also a FACT: we need number to go up more than that

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

lol that the US has been stuck at 100k tests per day forever

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

KaptainKrunk posted:

it would be inefficient to scale up testing capacity because eventually everyone will have the disease or we'll cure it and then what will we do with all that testing capacity????

we can't have availability and speed of tests improve because then the prices would have to fall

capitalism is very good though,

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Is the fda really going after us distilleries making hand sanitizer now because just lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

KaptainKrunk posted:

Not great, not terrible material for making stale Chernobyl jokes.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

it’s like... WE are the real virus, guys

and does anyone ever feel like, as an epic introvert, that they have been preparing for this virus their entire lives?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

2DCAT posted:

Is the fda really going after us distilleries making hand sanitizer now because just lmao

What else do they have to do

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Business Gorillas posted:

this is the dems marching their olds to vote for biden and die hth

biden loses

poo poo gets so bad trump finally sees blame

olds too dead to vote

AOC communist sweep 2024

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Jesus loving christ no way this can be real

But it definitely captures his spirit energy

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

This is cyberpunk as gently caress

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thedewdrops

CovMit-19 your quarantine buddy!

You can talk to them like Tom Hanks did in that one movie

They'll even hold the door shut so your dumbass doesn't leave and infect other people at Zumba down in The Villages

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

:thermidor:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i can't wait for the next round of forum wars to start over boris johnson dying of corona

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

and does anyone ever feel like, as an epic introvert, that they have been preparing for this virus their entire lives?

i was trying to break out of depression and build real life connections and stuff before all this happened and knocked me right back down, now i'm trying to do a bill mitchell-style galaxy brain to convince myself that building those connections wasn't actually going to improve anything and embrace replacing them with video games again

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

so my wife’s sense of smell mostly went away and her chest has been feeling tight and she gets dizzy when she stands up and just generally feels sluggish

goddamned roni in my house :argh:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paramemetic posted:

it would be inefficient to scale up testing capacity because eventually everyone will have the disease or we'll cure it and then what will we do with all that testing capacity????

we can't have availability and speed of tests improve because then the prices would have to fall

capitalism is very good though,

One of the biggest failures of government in all this has been a lack of committing to buying a poo poo load of supplies such that companies can know if they retool or invest in equipment they'll have market for it. Like we should be signing contracts to buy thousands of ventilators and tens of millions of masks and if we don't end up using them all who gives a poo poo.

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

All the dutch breweries have taken back the kegs they delivered to restaurants which are now empty and are distilling into hand sanitizer, which begs the question, where are they finding they industrial size stills? And what sort of hard liquor production lines are suffering because of it? Is this actually a secret command economy at play?

:thunk:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The United Federation of American States

twoday
May 4, 2005

Thump! posted:

so my wife’s sense of smell mostly went away and her chest has been feeling tight and she gets dizzy when she stands up and just generally feels sluggish

goddamned roni in my house :argh:

That's not good! Good luck!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mike_hugs/status/1246966659077865476

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Lessail posted:

i can't wait for the next round of forum wars to start over boris johnson dying of corona

you seem to have misspelled “gleeful jubilation “

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Boris Johnson is going to die from corona and it IS funny. It is not funny because he acted like an idiot and intentionally exposed himself to the virus as a political stunt. It is funny because his strategy for Britain was for lots of people to die so his wealthy masters wouldn't lose money. This was an acceptable solution to Johnson because he thought he wouldn't be one of the sacrifices. That is the exact moral and philosophical reason that Boris Johnson deserves to die and it is morally correct to be amused by the prospec

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Son of Man posted:

Boris Johnson is going to die from corona and it IS funny. It is not funny because he acted like an idiot and intentionally exposed himself to the virus as a political stunt. It is funny because his strategy for Britain was for lots of people to die so his wealthy masters wouldn't lose money. This was an acceptable solution to Johnson because he thought he wouldn't be one of the sacrifices. That is the exact moral and philosophical reason that Boris Johnson deserves to die and it is morally correct to be amused by the prospec

it's funny because of the other stuff too, actually

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

All the dutch breweries have taken back the kegs they delivered to restaurants which are now empty and are distilling into hand sanitizer, which begs the question, where are they finding they industrial size stills? And what sort of hard liquor production lines are suffering because of it? Is this actually a secret command economy at play?

:thunk:

Probably just buying wholesale from E&A Scheer

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Nude Hoxha Cameo posted:

you seem to have misspelled “gleeful jubilation “

i've got some disturbing news to share with you then

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this tweet doesn't look like anything to me

time of monsters it is

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

was beginning to see that cnn special on the ERs and 10 minutes in I had to turn it off. gently caress gently caress gently caress

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Son of Man posted:

:hmmyes:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Lessail posted:

i am prepared to risk my life deploying ghanain pallbearers into gbs

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

i am prepared to risk my life deploying ghanain pallbearers into gbs

we must bring a united front to qcs

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lots of suddenly authoritative experts itt concerning the side effect profile, likelihood, and exhaustive mechanisms of action of plaquenil / hydroxychloroquine

You goony goons it doesn't give people heart attacks on the reg, if it did they'd give people an ekg before administering it which they don't.

It's got a favorable side effect profile and is relatively benign. Just because some goons want it to be chud poison does not make it so.

It's more than just a malaria drug, it has immunomodulatory actions which might actually have a plausible role in moderating neutrophils and prevent people's lungs from turning to jelly in the cytokine storm stage of the disease

It can alter the electrical potential of some cell membranes

Its action isn't exclusively mediated by zinc or whatever other bullshit I've read you "experts" state authoritatively. It's got tons of mechanisms of action many of which we don't yet understand.

You armchair medical experts are as bad as Trump

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

do you think when they're cleaning up bojo's body for the funeral they'll actually run a comb through his hair or do you think they'll leave it as-is for that authentic bojo look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

are the children in cages in America being counted or tested for plague symptoms?

(this is a normal tweet in 2020, time travelers)