Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

hmm probably not or the people treating them would be hosed back then

also this is 'fun' to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQ9Kl9CqUU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm starting to get tempted to just straight leave my job. it is insane that we are still open because we only sell audiobooks, and how the gently caress that's 'essential' is beyond me. i'm also severely asthmatic and almost fuckin died from asthma on its own once already, and ended up in the hospital in 2018 due to pneumonia as well.

otoh i can't afford to leave so i'm still going in risking my everything to sell overpriced audiobooks that cost like 80 dollars for a 6 cd book.

i hate capitalism.

what fuckin store just sells audiobooks

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Argentum posted:

lol all the money going to corporations is gonna ensure their survival while the governments of the world will collapse and disappear. the future isn't mad max, it's shadowrun to the millionth power. elves are gonna be real with cosmetic genetic engineering or w/e.

I'm going to be a street samurai or hosed up corporate cyborg. Gonna own

governments get money from corporations, if I remember correctly

the Mexican government is telling all corps and small businesses to get hosed and pay taxes even though everything’s closed, I’m assuming that won’t end well

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple sulk posted:

who will be the first cspammer to die to the roni

u :twisted:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

what fuckin store just sells audiobooks

iTunes?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

so... is excessive yawning throughout the day the same thing as shortness of breath, or is it just being tired and not getting any exercise for weeks

I know I've been real tired and unable to sleep well but I've been getting a bit short of breath and yawning frequently when I do a lot of stuff like cleaning and moving things around :(

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MadJackal posted:

My hospital's cafeteria seating is closed off in preparation of it becoming a place to bed patients.

if it's means anything, iv been trying to bring up your and the other medi-goons challenges in all my COVID-19 related university work. im a nobody but id still like to think its something

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lmao there's a sign up at the post office that says we're heroes just like healthcare workers and like, thats the dumbest poo poo, we're "essentially" and "mission critically" delivering everyone dildos and coffee makers. Maybe if we were delivering weeks worths of food to every single person ever or something cool like that, but nope. Coffee Makers. It puts postal workers to shame when compared to MadJackal's stories. "Today I delivered someone's fox tail dildo to their porch a dog barked at me." vs "literally everyone around me is dying and there's nothing I can do, but I'm doing it anyway".

Anecdotally: crime is up(lots more broken into CBUs), truck drivers are home(their trucks are in the driveway)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

technically they can't spread it from inside that, so we should be giving EVERYONE icecream costumes

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Starting a GoFundMe for someone to cum in Boris Johnson's chest tube.

This is the best take on the Bojo situation so far.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1246978967120359425?s=19

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

so... is excessive yawning throughout the day the same thing as shortness of breath, or is it just being tired and not getting any exercise for weeks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MadJackal posted:

My hospital's cafeteria seating is closed off in preparation of it becoming a place to bed patients.

there’s a Spanish doctor going around saying he’s noticed a correlation of patients with high ferritin levels, apparently they suffer the harshest effects from the disease, any idea if that’s true?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i'm starting to get tempted to just straight leave my job. it is insane that we are still open because we only sell audiobooks, and how the gently caress that's 'essential' is beyond me. i'm also severely asthmatic and almost fuckin died from asthma on its own once already, and ended up in the hospital in 2018 due to pneumonia as well.

otoh i can't afford to leave so i'm still going in risking my everything to sell overpriced audiobooks that cost like 80 dollars for a 6 cd book.

i hate capitalism.

lol just stop showing up and don't answer the boss's calls, apply for unemployment that day. don't quit, just ghost.

assuming you're in the US, and you bought enough beans to get you through.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/heidimur/status/1246995859515928576

Thermal Anomaly
Jul 1, 2017

by Cyrano4747

"Praying this is the last time he gets sick" haha careful what you wish for

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I live downtown and it is so fuckin quiet outside atm. Nothing to hear but the hum of HVAC bouncing off concrete.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

So is this poo poo over now, or what?

someone posted videos implying this will last until 2022

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1246966217815941120

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

kopasetic posted:

a machine that essentially breaths for you. very last ditch effort tho and has a really high rate of complications.

Stefan Prodan posted:

so does that mean they can save like super rich people no matter what if they have access to one of these?

I thought there's like a bunch of cases where there just flatly isn't anything they can do for you

naw, you can die from other things while on it

like no, your lungs or heart giving out won’t immediately kill you because you’ve got the machine doing this for you

but you’re also at huge risk for sepsis because like kopasetic mentioned the thing is rigged right to your circulatory system

you also get warfarin or another anticoagulant due to the huge clot risk, but then that puts you at high risk for head bleeds from minor accidental bumps which can quickly progress to stroke or death

then they gotta change the tubing once in a while too, so that isn’t really easy to do safely

ecmo survival rate is like 60% and that’s in patients getting it for major trauma or things like open heart surgery... probably way lower for the elderly covid patients

source - wife was a picu nurse for a decade

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

technically they can't spread it from inside that, so we should be giving EVERYONE icecream costumes

finally, my fursuit is needed

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/ComradeMassie/status/1246863252899979264

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

you're already dead and cspam is hell

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gamesmaster Anthony still going strong.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I want to make one of those posts that ages poorly

like a comment on how I've been at home comfortable for a few weeks and it's mostly been okay. not sure what the big deal is supposed to be.

that should do it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My friend finally decided to eject from NYC and fly home for self quarantine. 7 passengers. 5 crew. 2 pilots. They kept giving her beers. 10 beers was the final tally upon landing.

I've never been more proud.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

triple sulk posted:

who will be the first cspammer to die to the roni

statistically? me or mad jackal

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Anyone know a good place to still buy N95 masks?

I went to Walmart yesterday without a mask so it may be too late

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Basic Poster posted:

I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

it took like 11 days but i feel better. my wife and i both lost smell/taste so i assume we had it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm cutting huge farts constantly to test myself

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i was thinking about reading grapes of wrath again and went to download a free version from google and got the 2003 military law review instead

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Philosopher King posted:

lol

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
order masks on aliexpress you’ll get them in like 6 weeks. or you’ll get something completely unrelated to what you ordered. like a 50/50 really.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Philosopher King posted:

I went to Walmart yesterday without a mask so it may be too late

Oh, friend. We have something to tell you.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

No you dumb poo poo.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

We literally have no idea why we yawn.

Shortness of breath feels like well shortness of breath. putting a heavy blanket over your face and trying to breathe just all the time. it usually comes with pressure in the chest which for me felt like I was socked in the chest.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

there’s a Spanish doctor going around saying he’s noticed a correlation of patients with high ferritin levels, apparently they suffer the harshest effects from the disease, any idea if that’s true?

Sure why not. Men have higher levels so explains that they are in the hospital more. We solved it. I drank all the wine tonight.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

finally, my fursuit is needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Thermal Anomaly posted:

"Praying this is the last time he gets sick" haha careful what you wish for

:thejoke: