Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BeefThief posted:

boski thighs are great for mexican food which is a natural fit for your bean stash

Is there any meat that can't be mexicanized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

gently caress all of you I have so many regrets

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snoo posted:

I should have bought some god drat it

chicken thighs, bone in and skin on, are the only way to buy ethical chicken

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

shovelbum posted:

Don't I want the full monty if I am young and healthy and get frozen or electrocuted or something like that that people actually come back from tho?

Depends on whether you think that medical experts can tell the difference between an 80 year old grandfather and his 25 year old grandson.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

render the fat from the skin and fry shredded poached chicken in it

boil the bones for stock in the poaching liquid

so good

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Appeasing the gods with our great blood sacrifice

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What is the QCS thread?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snoo posted:

so good

:hai:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

I'm still low level sick and my insurance still says they arent testing unless shortness of breath. I've been in my house quarantined since like March 23rd? Fever and coughing on and off. Could still be allergies or a cold. No loss of smell or taste.

Cold and allergies doesn't cause fevers (or extremely rarely). If you have a genuine fever, probably the roni or flu. though if you had your flu shot or already got a flu back in nov/dec, almost certainly the roni

do you have swollen lymph nodes under your chin, and really sore/stiff upper back/neck? if so, definitely the roni

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

Cold and allergies doesn't cause fevers (or extremely rarely). If you have a genuine fever, probably the roni or flu. though if you had your flu shot or already got a flu back in nov/dec, almost certainly the roni

Ehhhh.... I've gotten a fever from a cold but it's always been extremely mild.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

can we laugh if bojo dies?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

fosborb posted:

chicken thighs, bone in and skin on, are the only way to buy ethical chicken

My favorite fried chicken is bone in, skin on chicken thighs with no breading. So juicy and the crispy skin is amazing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zeroisanumber posted:

Ehhhh.... I've gotten a fever from a cold but it's always been extremely mild.

yeah i guess it can, just too mild to tell in most cases. that's usually my sign for if im getting a flu or a cold though is i'll always get a fever with a flu, but nothing ever really noticeable with a cold.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CODChimera posted:

It's legally required that you post a video of yourself screaming your loudest "yeah boy" ever

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

yeah i guess it can, just too mild to tell in most cases. that's usually my sign for if im getting a flu or a cold though is i'll always get a fever with a flu, but nothing ever really noticeable with a cold.

Flu will kick your rear end. If you catch the actual flu you'll know it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Xaris posted:

do you have swollen lymph nodes under your chin, and really sore/stiff upper back/neck? if so, definitely the roni

Had my flu shot.
I get sinus crud with allergies every year which produces fevers. My lymph nodes haven't been noticeably swollen and aren't trustworthy anyway because the ones on the back of my neck swole up like golf balls on the regular out of nowhere since I was a kid.
I've also had horrible fatigue.
Anyway, I'm treating myself like it's the roni and avoiding all contact. Instacarted our food as to reduce contact completely.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Only privately. Doing so in a post is terribly ghoulish and a qcs poster might faint

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

snoo posted:

so good

it makes a hot fire

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's legally required that you post a video of yourself screaming your loudest "yeah boy" ever

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/FelicityHannah/status/1246161916680167424

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Switzerland is facing a shortage of the raw material needed to make disinfectant to tackle Covid-19, after the country abandoned its emergency reserve of 10,000 tonnes of ethanol two years ago, newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reported on Monday.

Switzerland keeps emergency stockpiles of everything from coffee, wheat, rice and cooking oil. In 2018, the country ended its longtime practice of stocking ethanol as part of efforts to privatise the country’s alcohol market, the Swiss newspaper said.
lmao

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

Instacarted our food as to reduce contact completely.

I thought this was crossing a picket line?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

shovelbum posted:

I thought this was crossing a picket line?

This was before the strike. Like my food was delivered the day they announced they would strike and that was after a 5 day wait. I tipped a ton.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

10000 tons is like nothing, every government should have ten times that much of literally anything sitting around but none do

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is it better to cross a picket line or go out to shop if you actually have the virus anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

Had my flu shot.
I get sinus crud with allergies every year which produces fevers. My lymph nodes haven't been noticeably swollen and aren't trustworthy anyway because the ones on the back of my neck swole up like golf balls on the regular out of nowhere since I was a kid.
I've also had horrible fatigue.
Anyway, I'm treating myself like it's the roni and avoiding all contact. Instacarted our food as to reduce contact completely.
ehhhh, well if guess if you regularly get allergies-induced-fever then who knows. fatigue is such a common symptom for goons that it's like lmao, but it is a v common 'roni symptom for those not used to chronic-fatigue. anecdotally i was also horrible fatigued as gently caress for 2 weeks starting 3/7 along with the other roni-symptoms ive posted about before, and it's not something i was prone to; however, i never got over 100-101 and never had an regularly involuntary coughs so who knows

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also is visiting an aws hosted site crossing a picket line

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

everything is crossing a picket line. just die

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

for real don't be a scab

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

for real don't be a scab

I work a union job but also use the services of our outsourced slave wage competition bc they have like 98% market share and it's unavoidable lol

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/smyth_chris/status/1247048075094482950

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

don't scab for the bosses, don't listen to their lies
you ain't getting any ppe, then you just dies

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Is it hosed that my first thought was "what a waste of plastic - poo poo is just going to the landfill"?

Future poo poo for sea turtles to choke on.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my boss texted me a few days ago to ask if I was going to be on LOA until school starts back up since I have two young kids.

I'm like "dude you have kids too. what are you doing? I have no clue. ask me in a week."

then today the company suspends operations indefinitely Lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rah! posted:

well the pain is extra sharp

lmao

:vince:

lol

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

Is it hosed that my first thought was "what a waste of plastic - poo poo is just going to the landfill"?

Future poo poo for sea turtles to choke on.

gently caress the turtles they're gonna be turtle soup in the boiling seas it is man we must concern ourselves with in crisis, the working man

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my boss texted me a few days ago to ask if I was going to be on LOA until school starts back up since I have two young kids.

I'm like "dude you have kids too. what are you doing? I have no clue. ask me in a week."

then today the company suspends operations indefinitely Lol

God I have so much poo poo I want to talk about this and being a supplier and a million other things.

Every day going forward is the dumbest day on earth and all that.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

whoopsydoodle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Squizzle posted:

friendos, we need to talk about how we shitpost amidst this pandemic.

this is going to touch everyones life. when you say that you wanna cough on all the boomers so their wretched generation passes into the grave, thats not the usual “gently caress boomers” sentiment. people, goons included, are terrified about what happens to their loved ones, and we must shitpost w empathy.

cspam functions best w minimal rules, so this is brief guidance on what to avoid and how to phrase things:[list]
[*]PUNCH UP: its not funny if some random goons mom is sick, but its hilarious if mitch mcconnell is just fuckin swimming in virus goop

i take this to specifically mean that if a famous person dies youre allowed to laugh