Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah if you take your shirt off and lay in the sun you can get it in like 10-30 minutes depending on your skin color.

Please note: do not spend more than around 7 minutes in the sun in NZ (and aus) without sunscreen because the ozone hole allows so much UV through it will gently caress you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

shovelbum posted:

Is it better to cross a picket line or go out to shop if you actually have the virus anyway

The Scab

A Poem by: Jack London (1876-1916)

"After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab."

"A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles."

"When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out."

"No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself." A scab has not.

"Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army." The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class."

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

im the barefoot smoker

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CODChimera posted:

can we laugh if bojo dies?

We laugh while he's alive and I'm not gonna stop just cause hes gonna die

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

punchymcpunch posted:

i take this to specifically mean that if a famous person dies youre allowed to laugh

the only grey area is where someone is trying to use tragedy to be famous, even if they aren't now.

this includes karens family, and im of the opinion that, resolutely: gently caress em

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

snoo posted:

render the fat from the skin and fry shredded poached chicken in it

boil the bones for stock in the poaching liquid

so good

fosborb posted:

chicken thighs, bone in and skin on, are the only way to buy ethical chicken

I’ve been buy whole chickens and butchering them myself at home.

you can use the bones and carcass to make stock which can be frozen.

nothing is wasted

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Are the projection models for https://covid19.healthdata.org pretty decent so far or nah?

California was seeing about 6000 deaths by August just a few weeks ago on this site and it’s dropped to 1783 today. I’m really hoping this means Cali won’t be hit as hard.

I’ve been sick with the Coronavirus for 21 days now, I have pneumonia in both lungs but never required a ventilator. I’m sort of on the mend now, I’m still getting daily night sweats and I lack energy but my drat fever is finally gone (haven’t had one in like 3 days)

So any news about the death rate going down would be REALLY nice right now. gently caress this virus.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LMAO @ dems thinking they can Aaron Sorkin "have you no decency" speech their way into getting assistance from the administration they're helping to re-elect by running a racist mummy made of rape charges.

:hmbol:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

somnambulist posted:

Are the projection models for https://covid19.healthdata.org pretty decent so far or nah?

California was seeing about 6000 deaths by August just a few weeks ago on this site and it’s dropped to 1783 today. I’m really hoping this means Cali won’t be hit as hard.

I’ve been sick with the Coronavirus for 21 days now, I have pneumonia in both lungs but never required a ventilator. I’m sort of on the mend now, I’m still getting daily night sweats and I lack energy but my drat fever is finally gone (haven’t had one in like 3 days)

So any news about the death rate going down would be REALLY nice right now. gently caress this virus.

drat. goongrats on surviving and not having to worry about it again in the near-future

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

We laugh while he's alive and I'm not gonna stop just cause hes gonna die

I like your optimism

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mayor Dave posted:

For one I'd have my loving trumpbux already

ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW

Trump, you're on notice! gently caress you pelosi! Schumer, go gently caress yourself and the imaginary republican couple that lives in your head! McConnell, go spend time with polio and your front porch. gently caress

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

somnambulist posted:

holy poo poo. way to pull through this!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Pussy Boss posted:

If Boris Johnson dies, the QCS thread is going to be epic.

hahahaha

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fosborb posted:

the only grey area is where someone is trying to use tragedy to be famous, even if they aren't now.

this includes karens family, and im of the opinion that, resolutely: gently caress em

I would not laugh at Bernie dying because he's ok for a class enemy

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Xaris posted:

drat. goongrats on surviving and not having to worry about it again in the near-future

Thank you. I’m 35, 5’7 160 lbs (probably closer to 145-150 now, i was barely eating for like 3 weeks) and no preexisting conditions whatsoever and it loving rocked me. I’m hoping the worst is over now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

somnambulist posted:

Thank you. I’m 35, 5’7 160 lbs (probably closer to 145-150 now, i was barely eating for like 3 weeks) and no preexisting conditions whatsoever and it loving rocked me. I’m hoping the worst is over now.

Congrats on the weightloss!

Glad you are getting better. I've been hearing the same story from a people that I know that have gotten it. It loving rocks their world like nothing they've had before and they are young fit and healthy as well.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

somnambulist posted:

I hope you live and bojo dies.

Stay on the mend!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

the cheers at the end :discourse:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

so SF seems to have found the solution to its homeless problem

https://twitter.com/StreetSheetSF/status/1246970853431980032?s=20

wtf, even non-schitzos can tell this is a plan to kill them

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CODChimera posted:

can we laugh if bojo dies?

Ugh. Can we not?

No, we can't not.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
But then you got people like the Mayor of Miami that appear to be mildly inconvenienced for 8-9 days and feel totally fine. I guess that’s if your body figures poo poo out early enough and it doesn’t get in your lungs!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Gonna laugh when bojo dies and no one can stop me.

I danced when scalia died too.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

somnambulist posted:

California went into lockdown early. Not all of the state was on board, though. :( Norcal seems to be doing a lot better than the southern areas. LA is gonna be the state's hotspot, while the bay and sacramento are doing "fine" for now.

The site's projections looks stupid, the deaths per a day chart for the US is terrible

04/01: 891
04/02: 1149(+29%)
04/03: 1157(+1%)
04/04: 1755(+52%)
04/05: 1745 projected (-1% projected) (2281 at +30%)
04/06 1967 projected (+13% projected)(2965 at +30%)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Koirhor posted:

But then you got people like the Mayor of Miami that appear to be mildly inconvenienced for 8-9 days and feel totally fine. I guess that’s if your body figures poo poo out early enough and it doesn’t get in your lungs!

There was a (non-peer reviewed) paper that came out in Feb and there may be differences in infection route, like ingesting a small viral load may not lead to nearly as serious of a case compared getting a big ol' viral load right up in the nostrils into the noggin. would partly explain why healthcare workers seem to be dying/getting it more than others despite also usually being physically healthier with better diets/exercise (but that's also probably lots more stress than normies too, which destroys bodies). who loving knows and it's probably just "random"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Gonna laugh when bojo dies and no one can stop me.

I danced when scalia died too.

scalia dying with that pillow on his head... lol

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Fix posted:

Ugh. Can we not?

No, we can't not.

https://twitter.com/limbschant/status/1207258996996018182

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

silicone thrills posted:

God I have so much poo poo I want to talk about this and being a supplier and a million other things.

Every day going forward is the dumbest day on earth and all that.

it is a REAL shitshow

I shouldn't have moved to metrology. oh well. time to brush on the ol resume that has *checks notes* 6 years of Boeing on it.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Going back to this a few pages back and as someone who have gone to church before, wanna bet that the pastor talked about something along the line of "your soul is protected because jesus bled and died for your sins".

Then with some twists in logic it became "im covered in jesus blood and immune."

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

not sure if the writers would accommodate Boris going from shortest PM to longest PM back to shortest PM seems a lil contrived (think he’s gonna make it)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

coke posted:

Going back to this a few pages back and as someone who have gone to church before, wanna bet that the pastor talked about something along the line of "your soul is protected because jesus bled and died for your sins".

Then with some twists in logic it became "im covered in jesus blood and immune."

no man you don't get it

she went full Ashcroft in that place. straight up anointed.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I do not praise death. I do not lust for death. I do not like death. I find it especially despicable when people cheer for the death of any particular group of people, be that group delineated by race, age, or any other vague criterium. By cheering for the death of a large group of people you don’t know, you are probably also cheering for the death of certain individuals within that group who are good people, and without whom humanity would be worse of. I find it disgusting, and it sets a dangerous precedent if this behavior becomes acceptable. Today we cheer for the death of these, tomorrow for the death of those other ones. You know how that story ends.

Regardless of your politics, whether you were for or against Brexit, pro-Tory, pro-Labour, pro-Scottish Independence, or whatever else, we probably all agree that Boris Johnson has made some mistakes over the past few weeks. Maybe he shouldn’t have been shaking hands with coronavirus patients in the hospital, as he claimed he did in a recent speech. Given his current condition, it’s pretty drat hard to argue that this was a wise decision.

Beyond that, opinions may differ a bit about what he should have done or not done. Maybe he should have done a lockdown sooner. Maybe he should have taken things more seriously. Maybe he should have done this or that. The fact is, as prime minister of the United Kingdom, he has been the single-most important and influential individual with regards to shaping his country’s response to this crisis. The weight of the situation in Britain now, where nearly 700 people died just yesterday, falls squarely upon his shoulders.

By having access to just about anyone in the country to appoint as his advisors, as well as information from one of the most competent intelligence networks in the world (if you believe that such a thing can exist), and also some of most highly esteemed universities on earth, one would think that he has no good excuse to pretend that he was not adequately aware of the potential seriousness of this months ago. Even if he had none of these things and got all his information from a newspaper subscription, he should have noticed that there was deadly epidemic spreading through China in January. It is his responsibility as prime minister to be aware of and to prepare for such threats to his country.

Yet he did not do so. Perhaps he wrongly appointed corrupt and Machiavellian advisors to surround him, or perhaps there was a fault in the ideology to which he subscribes, or perhaps it was simply just his own personal inadequacies and poor judgement, but whatever the reason, he is supposed to be responsible for what’s happening in the U.K. now. He is responsible for the thousands of dead, he is responsible for the government’s response, and he is especially responsible for all the reassuring words which he spoke to the public in the early stages of this disaster.

He shouldn’t have downplayed the potential of an outbreak, or the seriousness of the disease. He shouldn’t have encouraged people to shake hands. He shouldn’t have waited so long to take serious measures. But he did. He even promoted the idea of herd immunity and said that he wanted the majority of his citizens to become infected, an idea which has since spread abroad and is killing people in other countries right now. He hosed up really badly, and though it’s impossible to calculate how many people’s deaths he is responsible for, he has blood on his hands. His decisions and actions have led to the deaths of many people.

And now, as he lies fearful and struggling to breathe in one of the overcrowded hospitals of the National Healthcare System which he and his party worked so hard to underfund, dismantle, and sell off to the highest bidder, he is himself now confronted with the cold & grim spectre of death. He must have thought about it, realized that it’s possible that this infection might end up burying him, and that his partner might soon be widowed, that his children might soon be fatherless. Yet I find it hard to pity him. The hell which he currently occupies is the result of his own reckless choices, the ultimate manifestation of the selfish laissez-faire decision-making process to which he subscribes. Of course I feel bad for his family, I’m not a heartless monster. But I also feel bad for the hundreds of other families who have lost someone recently because of him and his foolish choices. How many hundreds of people does a man need to kill before you stop pitying him? How many thousands?

I understand the impulse to chastise C-SPAM for cheering someone’s death. Like I said, I do not like death, and I’m not a heartless monster. I grasp the scope of this individual’s tragedy. But to many people in the UK, Boris Johnson is death. Many, many people are dying as the result of his actions, and many more will die in the weeks to come. If he ends up in the midst of the pile of corpses which he created, I’m not going to cry about it. And if he lives I hope he is prosecuted at the ICC for criminal negligence.

If you’re seeking a moral high-ground, I advise you find one somewhere far away from this wretched man who decided to put the welfare of the markets before the lives of his fellow human beings.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

no man you don't get it

she went full Ashcroft in that place. straight up anointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9oW91Iv8D8

us christianity is some wild poo poo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Man I read some CNN article talking about how some people are theorizing that actually the young people who do die might be people who just have really reactive immune systems and welp I basically never get sick and when I do it's not for long so guess I'm dead

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not openly cheering for and sincerely enjoying the suffering and/or death of boris johnson is actually morally indefensible

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Status update: stapled a roll of barbed wire to the top of the privacy fence. Started sitting on the porch on warm days and make a show of cleaning a toy shotgun with the orange caps ripped off while glaring at passersby. Won't do much in a real invasion scenario, but every bit of scare tactics help.

Folks inside are starting to go stir crazy, but I have ways to pursuasively enforce the lock-in. No one's leaving the premises on my watch without drat good reason. Anyone got any tips for tamping down other people's wanderlust?

lmao d&d keeps making GBS threads on the funniest poster in that god awful thread

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

here are some people in Côte d’Ivoire breaking quarantine and a nighttime curfew to dismantle a roni testing site, fearing contagion

https://twitter.com/berjabonazebi/status/1247066793140793345?s=21

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

lmao d&d keeps making GBS threads on the funniest poster in that god awful thread

is that a real post on these forums?

holy crap

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

twoday posted:

I do not praise death. I do not lust for death. I do not like death. I find it especially despicable when people cheer for the death of any particular group of people, be that group delineated by race, age, or any other vague criterium. By cheering for the death of a large group of people you don’t know, you are probably also cheering for the death of certain individuals within that group who are good people, and without whom humanity would be worse of. I find it disgusting, and it sets a dangerous precedent if this behavior becomes acceptable. Today we cheer for the death of these, tomorrow for the death of those other ones. You know how that story ends.

Regardless of your politics, whether you were for or against Brexit, pro-Tory, pro-Labour, pro-Scottish Independence, or whatever else, we probably all agree that Boris Johnson has made some mistakes over the past few weeks. Maybe he shouldn’t have been shaking hands with coronavirus patients in the hospital, as he claimed he did in a recent speech. Given his current condition, it’s pretty drat hard to argue that this was a wise decision.

Beyond that, opinions may differ a bit about what he should have done or not done. Maybe he should have done a lockdown sooner. Maybe he should have taken things more seriously. Maybe he should have done this or that. The fact is, as prime minister of the United Kingdom, he has been the single-most important and influential individual with regards to shaping his country’s response to this crisis. The weight of the situation in Britain now, where nearly 700 people died just yesterday, falls squarely upon his shoulders.

By having access to just about anyone in the country to appoint as his advisors, as well as information from one of the most competent intelligence networks in the world (if you believe that such a thing can exist), and also some of most highly esteemed universities on earth, one would think that he has no good excuse to pretend that he was not adequately aware of the potential seriousness of this months ago. Even if he had none of these things and got all his information from a newspaper subscription, he should have noticed that there was deadly epidemic spreading through China in January. It is his responsibility as prime minister to be aware of and to prepare for such threats to his country.

Yet he did not do so. Perhaps he wrongly appointed corrupt and Machiavellian advisors to surround him, or perhaps there was a fault in the ideology to which he subscribes, or perhaps it was simply just his own personal inadequacies and poor judgement, but whatever the reason, he is supposed to be responsible for what’s happening in the U.K. now. He is responsible for the thousands of dead, he is responsible for the government’s response, and he is especially responsible for all the reassuring words which he spoke to the public in the early stages of this disaster.

He shouldn’t have downplayed the potential of an outbreak, or the seriousness of the disease. He shouldn’t have encouraged people to shake hands. He shouldn’t have waited so long to take serious measures. But he did. He even promoted the idea of herd immunity and said that he wanted the majority of his citizens to become infected, an idea which has since spread abroad and is killing people in other countries right now. He hosed up really badly, and though it’s impossible to calculate how many people’s deaths he is responsible for, he has blood on his hands. His decisions and actions have led to the deaths of many people.

And now, as he lies fearful and struggling to breathe in one of the overcrowded hospitals of the National Healthcare System which he and his party worked so hard to underfund, dismantle, and sell off to the highest bidder, he is himself now confronted with the cold & grim spectre of death. He must have thought about it, realized that it’s possible that this infection might end up burying him, and that his partner might soon be widowed, that his children might soon be fatherless. Yet I find it hard to pity him. The hell which he currently occupies is the result of his own reckless choices, the ultimate manifestation of the selfish laissez-faire decision-making process to which he subscribes. Of course I feel bad for his family, I’m not a heartless monster. But I also feel bad for the hundreds of other families who have lost someone recently because of him and his foolish choices. How many hundreds of people does a man need to kill before you stop pitying him? How many thousands?

I understand the impulse to chastise C-SPAM for cheering someone’s death. Like I said, I do not like death, and I’m not a heartless monster. I grasp the scope of this individual’s tragedy. But to many people in the UK, Boris Johnson is death. Many, many people are dying as the result of his actions, and many more will die in the weeks to come. If he ends up in the midst of the pile of corpses which he created, I’m not going to cry about it. And if he lives I hope he is prosecuted at the ICC for criminal negligence.

If you’re seeking a moral high-ground, I advise you find one somewhere far away from this wretched man who decided to put the welfare of the markets before the lives of his fellow human beings.

You do you man. I'm gonna cheer when BoJo dies of the rona.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Japan couldn't cook the death books forever I guess

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1247068707467206656

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Japan couldn't cook the death books forever I guess

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1247068707467206656

The LDP will likely still win because Abe is the most beloved prime minister since the Elvis loving guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

paperwind posted:

You do you man. I'm gonna cheer when BoJo dies of the rona.

Yeah sure, I was addressing the people that don’t understand why people have this impulse