Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Accelerationism: It just works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

D1E posted:

Hey, so this thing will definitely be over by April 30th, correct?

And then we can reopen America bigly for beautiful business?

It is already over.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
tits are great; coronavirus is not

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

uncleTomOfFinland posted:

yes, that is the number of dead going down by one :pray:

it's an Easter miracle!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

that's some morbid poo poo

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Every last patient leaving my hospital in a body bag was on Plaquenil. All of them.

It doesn’t loving work you daft cunts.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

Some people are taking it and getting better. This is probably the same group of people who would get better anyhow. This will be enough for him to trot them out once chud rallies start up again and cement him as their savior. He doesn’t need to cure the country, he just needs a boomer or two to believe they were cured.

Also that IL6 inhibitor is still the most effective thing I’ve seen given and it’s super expensive sooooooo...

:capitalism:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

A lot of people asked me sir, sir how did you know it would cure the virus? For me it's simple, and they dont teach you this in school by the way. I said you know, I've never seen a fish with covid.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol that's not gonna be good for them

poo poo, didn't Singapore have to go into lockdown anyway because they got hit by a second wave of imported cases?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

MadJackal posted:

Every last patient leaving my hospital in a body bag was on Plaquenil. All of them.

Good, anyone dumb enough to listen to trump for medical advice can't be saved.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MadJackal posted:

What's the worst that could happen?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Actual Satan posted:

Accelerationism: It just works

lmao

proving that things could have been great all along, but a concentration of wealthy people wanted to be better off than literally everyone else at any cost

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MadJackal posted:

Just wanted to say thank you and everyone like you for all you do.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

UnknownTarget posted:

To be honest at this point I feel like yea, people are just going to move on. We're gonna see some bigly dead numbers this week and then after that they'll decline and people will be like "yay we beat it thank you Mr. Trump" and we'll get WW3 in two years.

probably yeah

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also, doctor's bad handwriting kills more people every year than COVID-19, and we don't shut down the economy for that.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

lmao

proving that things could have been great all along, but a concentration of wealthy people wanted to be better off than literally everyone else at any cost

its no fun being wealthy if noone is poor!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

UnknownTarget posted:

To be honest at this point I feel like yea, people are just going to move on. We're gonna see some bigly dead numbers this week and then after that they'll decline and people will be like "yay we beat it thank you Mr. Trump" and we'll get WW3 in two years.

waiyt, how can donald trump still be president in two years?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oh poo poo he's back! it's been years

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

D1E posted:

Also, doctor's bad handwriting kills more people every year than COVID-19, and we don't shut down the economy for that.

honestly this whole pandemic puts a lot of stuff in perspective. ive decided to stop making fun of doctors' handwriting for six months

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Trying to crash into a boat, CHOO CHOO MOTHER FUCKERS! All aboard the Trump Express to crazy town

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean it isn't beyond reason that an anti-inflammatory would help, it just hasn't gone through the process to vet efficacy and risk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/1247153785593647105

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

D1E posted:

lol if you think doctors are handwriting orders anywhere but the most rural hospital in TYOOL 2020

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Good, anyone dumb enough to listen to trump for medical advice can't be saved.

Unfortunately the rest of the media sphere is talking about it too and old Dems believe every word cable news says without question

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

MadJackal posted:

There's a lot of buzz around the immunotherapy research community about using tocilizumab or sarilumab to try to blunt the effects of cytokine storm. Has any of this made it into clinical use yet?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1246943495090208770

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

kopasetic posted:

lol if you think doctors are handwriting orders anywhere but the most rural hospital in TYOOL 2020

welcome to the something awful comedy forums. sometimes, posts here are a type of humor called a "joke". it may take some getting used to, but our posters sure seem to like them.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the hydroxychloroqleansing of america

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

they’re running

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

Jazerus posted:

welcome to the something awful comedy forums. sometimes, posts here are a type of humor called a "joke". it may take some getting used to, but our posters sure seem to like them.

ok I’ll keep my eye out for these jokes you speak of

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

this dude needs to kill his wife or shut the gently caress up imho

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Their EU masters will snap the reins on that poo poo quickly.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Nothus posted:

There's a lot of buzz around the immunotherapy research community about using tocilizumab or sarilumab to try to blunt the effects of cytokine storm. Has any of this made it into clinical use yet?

Are those the expensive IL-6 inhibitors Nodelphi mentioned?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

no worries, we'll be slamming ourselves back into quarantine by around midsummer

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

kopasetic posted:

I was amazed and appalled that chemotherapy at [major US cancer center] is prescribed just like any other drug, and not through a proper chemo system. Which is why they had mistakes in their chemo prescribing (this is bad btw).

Nothus posted:

They're in trials in various places. The above are IL-6R blockade but also IL-1R and TNFa blockade are being tried.

I mentioned it before but I think siltuximab which binds to IL-6 directly rather than the IL-6R receptor may be a better option.

knox_harrington has issued a correction as of 07:38 on Apr 7, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

neutral milf hotel posted:

oh poo poo he's back! it's been years

He's wearing the Mets rain poncho for his CV protection in public.

Love Da' Mets!

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

Their EU masters will snap the reins on that poo poo quickly.

The EU might be dead after they stuck their thumb up their rear end while Spain and Italy are relying on China for help.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I think you'll find that President Trump is highly intuitive, and certainly the most intelligent leader in the history of the country. He also just "knows things". I'm sure at the end he'll be proven right about hydroxychloroquine, just like he's always proven right about everything else.

Doctors are just jealous of his innate medical aptitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

The EU might be dead after they stuck their thumb up their rear end while Spain and Italy are relying on China for help.

#Spexit