Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

The water around here is so hard that, in the middle ages, they used sediments from the Roman aqueduct connecting the Eifel and Köln as a building material: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqu%E4duktenmarmor. I still drink the tap water, though, because:

e: can the forums not handle URLs containing Umlaute? If so, google "Aquäduktenmarmor" then kill you're parents

I don't know about köln but the hard as poo poo water in berlin is the only thing i don't like about berlin, jesus christ it's bad... still drink that garbage tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
You have been visited by the skeleton of local tap water.

Good bones and calcium carbonate will come to you but only if you quote this post and say „tap of the morning to ya“

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ika posted:

Oven fries, but admittedly I only tried 2 or 3 times and gave up.

Just try again. Don't forget to use Backpapier on your Blech, and don't forgot to wenden.

And this is from someone who once made cola bottles explode in his oven and send tiny pieces of frozen cola all over my apartment, so you know you can trust me!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Libluini posted:

And this is from someone who once made cola bottles explode in his oven and send tiny pieces of frozen cola all over my apartment, so you know you can trust me!

The gently caress?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Zwille posted:

Or booze and syrups as mixers. What kinda drinks do you like? Maybe the thread can throw up (eheheh) some suggestions

I‘m pondering buying an Airfryer tomorrow, I miss fries. :(

I have an Air frier and the Fries are a ten Times better than from the Ofen.

Just dont expect deep Fried. you are relying in the oil thats already in the Fries but the Results are definetly better than from the Ofen.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mithaldu posted:

The gently caress?

I am pretty sure I know what happened.

For some reason Libluini put cola in a freezer and left it in there for way to long. When he opened the bottle, the contents instantly became a solid slab of cola-ice. So far I have done that myself.
Now he considered how to quickly melt this ice and saw his oven. Since the ice would be quite porous, a frozen bottle of cola would built incredibly uneven pressure and heat, which makes it go boom. It might be even more effective with a microwave.

You can try this at home, kids!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 6, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

The gently caress?

See, I'm a very impatient guy and before I had a fridge with a cooling Fach, I had one with a real Gefrierfach (without the warning to not put frozen food in there, like my very cool new one, thanks Hausverwaltung! :argh: ) and when I got home early evening or something, I didn't want to wait until the fridge made my soft drinks cold enough. So instead I put them into the freezing compartment.

But sometimes I drank something warm instead later and just forgot to take them out again. For a time I simply let them slowly thaw out but oops, I'm impatient, remember? So I got this really stupid idea one day to put the frozen bottles into my tiny electric oven, just on the lowest setting, for a couple minutes only, to boost the thawing process.

But oops again, I'm also really stupid, so I one day forgot about my frozen cola bottles and left them too long in the oven. So one day the bottles exploded with enough force to throw the oven door out of its angles, and shot bits of plastic and frozen cola all over my apartment.

The saddest thing was that after cleaning everything up, I couldn't even drink the cola I had saved, as tons of tiny plastic splinters were swimming in it.

Then a couple years after that I nearly sat my apartment on fire as I accidentally actually set my oven on fire, but that's another story. Anyway, I'm good at cooking!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I am pretty sure I know what happened.

For some reason Libluini put cola in a freezer and left it in there for way to long. When he opened the bottle, the contents instantly became a solid slab of cola-ice. So far I have done that myself.
Now he considered how to quickly melt this ice and saw his oven. Since the ice would be quite porous, a frozen bottle of cola would built incredibly uneven pressure and heat, which makes it go boom. It might be even more effective with a microwave.

You can try this at home, kids!

Amazingly correct! Just two little details were wrong: I used two bottles at once. And they were both inside the freezer for long enough to already be huge frozen chunks of ice, barely contained by their plastic bottles. :shepface:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
A glass Mehrwegflasche can be refilled 50 times, a plastic one 25 times, every time travelling in a truck to the recycling center, then to the beverage company, then back to the supermarket, then to the consumer. Our soda stream bottle is used 4-5 times a day and they’re good for many years, without transporting anything but water through existing pipes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Libluini posted:

Then a couple years after that I nearly sat my apartment on fire as I accidentally actually set my oven on fire, but that's another story. Anyway, I'm good at cooking!

One cola gazpacho, fresh from the oven!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Libluini posted:

See, I'm a very impatient guy and before I had a fridge with a cooling Fach, I had one with a real Gefrierfach (without the warning to not put frozen food in there, like my very cool new one, thanks Hausverwaltung! :argh: ) and when I got home early evening or something, I didn't want to wait until the fridge made my soft drinks cold enough. So instead I put them into the freezing compartment.

But sometimes I drank something warm instead later and just forgot to take them out again. For a time I simply let them slowly thaw out but oops, I'm impatient, remember? So I got this really stupid idea one day to put the frozen bottles into my tiny electric oven, just on the lowest setting, for a couple minutes only, to boost the thawing process.

But oops again, I'm also really stupid, so I one day forgot about my frozen cola bottles and left them too long in the oven. So one day the bottles exploded with enough force to throw the oven door out of its angles, and shot bits of plastic and frozen cola all over my apartment.

The saddest thing was that after cleaning everything up, I couldn't even drink the cola I had saved, as tons of tiny plastic splinters were swimming in it.

Amazingly correct! Just two little details were wrong: I used two bottles at once. And they were both inside the freezer for long enough to already be huge frozen chunks of ice, barely contained by their plastic bottles. :shepface:

Masaokis? Is that you?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

You have been visited by the skeleton of local tap water.

Good bones and calcium carbonate will come to you but only if you quote this post and say „tap of the morning to ya“

tap of the morning to ya!

I like Berlin water apart from the fact it has me entkalking my Kaffeemaschine much more often than advised. My parents' house had a very special taste I fondly remember. It's gone now sadly so I'm pretty sure they had some plumbing work done.

Combat Theory posted:

I have an Air frier and the Fries are a ten Times better than from the Ofen.

Just dont expect deep Fried. you are relying in the oil thats already in the Fries but the Results are definetly better than from the Ofen.

Okay poo poo, now I'm back on the fence again. Thanks. If they're im Angebot tomorrow I'll just pull the trigger.

Libluini posted:

Libluini's wild ride

:stare:

cant cook creole bream posted:

One cola gazpacho, fresh from the oven!

:laffo:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Even better: A plastic Einwegflasche is crushed and melted down to make new ones from. That's the kind of inefficient insanity I'm willing to lend 25 Cents to!

GABA ghoul posted:

Masaokis? Is that you?

I had to Google this and now I'm scared that this guy exists

Anyway no, I'm really good at cooking! I just sometimes get experimental and sometimes experiments don't work. As an aside, a Pizzabrot shouldn't contain more then 50% of its mass in champignons and tomatoe juice. Trust me, it just doesn't work out.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

The fun part is that from your descriptions you know exactly what's wrong and why and just decide to do it anyhow. :haw:

Did you get lucky and not have your apartment sprayed with cola?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

tap of the morning to ya!

I like Berlin water apart from the fact it has me entkalking my Kaffeemaschine much more often than advised. My parents' house had a very special taste I fondly remember. It's gone now sadly so I'm pretty sure they had some plumbing work done.

Munich is the same 18 degrees on the hardness scale iirc. I had a fishtank before and it was difficult for keeping tropical fish but crawfish loved it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tarquinn posted:

Good news, everybody!

For the first time in years the ADAC isn't expecting any Staus over the Easter weekend! :woop:

:v:

fwiw I drove to Berlin and back yesterday and it was the most fun I have ever had, nobody but me and the blue sky (and the baustellen before the cities)

I saw like 5 big birds of prey directly besides or above the autobahn (falken or bussarde, couldn't see their beaks)

also also the Wildwechsel schilder that usually make me roll my eyes (because it's bumper to bumper) actually made me think and kinda :stare:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
First time in Aldi since 2-3 weeks. Flüssigseife und Toilettenpapier sind aus und trotz Einlasskontrolle fühlt sich der Laden voll an.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
well that's Berghain for ya. oh wait you said Aldi, nevermind

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

elbkaida posted:

Excellent argument. Top stuff really.

Hey, we were due for a privilege post and some solid dogpiling-posts to deflect from the last dumb posting they pretend didn't happen. :shrug:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

The fun part is that from your descriptions you know exactly what's wrong and why and just decide to do it anyhow. :haw:

Did you get lucky and not have your apartment sprayed with cola?

Yes! It was chunks of cola ice and tiny plastic splinters instead!

Also I was double-lucky, because just a year before that happened, I had to stop drinking sugary soda because my love for candy and my love for Limonade combined to overwhelm my poor blood sugar. After experimenting with sugar-reduced candy and sugar-free soda, I learned that candy with chemicals replacing part of the sugar tastes like rear end, while sugar-free soda didn't taste too bad.

So since then, all my soda was of the sort with zero sugar in it, to allow me to eat other sweet stuff without my body going nuts because of sugar coma.

Anyway, this meant the melting chunks of ice made a mess, but it wasn't the gluey sort and there was no insect related fallout after clean-up.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
System Metternich, can you also explain this weird coincidence of your lot venerating a St. Corona who is the patron of plagues/diseases. :thunk:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

That's a heck of a chain of consequences. And it reminds me of: https://www.amazon.de/Sodastream-einfach-selbstgemachte-Limonade-Zuhause/dp/B004PHAJ64/

I think thats the best part of the various syrups for me, that most of them have calorie-free variants. (And as you mention, are thus conveniently sugar-free.)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

well that's Berghain for ya. oh wait you said Aldi, nevermind

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

System Metternich, can you also explain this weird coincidence of your lot venerating a St. Corona who is the patron of plagues/diseases. :thunk:

I can, the causation is the other way around, the saint inspired the naming of the disease hth

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I can, the causation is the other way around, the saint inspired the naming of the disease hth

But they are called Christians not Coronians. :confused:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Randler posted:

Ist sie gar nicht: https://de.catholicnewsagency.com/story/ist-die-heilige-corona-wirklich-die-patronin-gegen-seuchen-5989

Seltsam, dass das aber auch von kath. Stellen, die es besser wissen müssten, so verbreitet wird. Aber wer hat bei den ganzen tausenden Heiligen und zehntausenden Seligen schon noch den Überblick...

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Nein, die Coronaviren wurden in den 60ern so benannt, weil sie eben aussehen als hätten sie lauter Kronen auf der Hülle.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Mithaldu posted:

That's a heck of a chain of consequences. And it reminds me of: https://www.amazon.de/Sodastream-einfach-selbstgemachte-Limonade-Zuhause/dp/B004PHAJ64/

I think thats the best part of the various syrups for me, that most of them have calorie-free variants. (And as you mention, are thus conveniently sugar-free.)
wtf that's absurdly expensive for syrup

Why not get not-Sodastream-branded one from your local grocery story for half or a third of the price?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Randler posted:

Sure!

quote:

Aus St. Corona am Wechsel wird auch von Anrufung um Standhaftigkeit im Glauben, bei Bitten gegen Unwetter und Miss­ernte und zur Abwendung von (Vieh-)Seuchen berichtet.[12][13] Dies wird auch im entsprechenden Artikel des Ökumenischen Heiligenlexikons[14] aufgegriffen, ist sonst in der Fachliteratur aber nicht belegt.[15][16] Die Angabe geht auf eine lokale Tradition in St. Corona am Wechsel zurück, der zufolge die Heilige von der bäuerlichen Bevölkerung dort gegen Viehseuchen angerufen wurde.

quote:

Die heilige Corona (Korona) oder auch Stephana

quote:

Die Österreichisch-Ungarische Monarchie, ungarisch Osztrák-Magyar Monarchia, kurz Österreich-Ungarn, informell auch k. u. k. Doppelmonarchie genannt, war eine Realunion in der letzten Phase des Habsburgerreiches in Mittel- und Südosteuropa für den Zeitraum zwischen 1867 und 1918.

:tinfoil:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Matthias Covidus at it again :ohdear:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

wtf that's absurdly expensive for syrup

Why not get not-Sodastream-branded one from your local grocery story for half or a third of the price?

That's a double-pack, and taste-wise you can easily make 24l or more out of a single bottle, so you end up with .30€ per liter cola, which is fine? Also i haven't seen any other non-calorie cola syrup yet. Please link if you have.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

That's a double-pack, and taste-wise you can easily make 24l or more out of a single bottle, so you end up with .30€ per liter cola, which is fine? Also i haven't seen any other non-calorie cola syrup yet. Please link if you have.
I admit I haven't thought specifically about Cola [Light], which does seem to be more or less SodaStream-exclusive. I mostly rotate various fruit for variety, like Zitrone/Minze, schwarze Johannisbeere, und Holunder (which I actually get free from my mom). Those are about three bux sugar or not for half a liter.

Anyway

basst scho

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I make my own Hollundersirup every year, it is dead easy. All you need is a Hollunderbusch in bloom that is away from any road, some lemons, water and sugar.

I still have 3 bottles from 2017 in my pantry and 1 from 2018, and they are all still fine to drink, the stuff keeps for ages and 1l yields about 100 glasses if not more, depending on how sweet you like it.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Simply Simon posted:

I admit I haven't thought specifically about Cola [Light], which does seem to be more or less SodaStream-exclusive. I mostly rotate various fruit for variety, like Zitrone/Minze, schwarze Johannisbeere, und Holunder (which I actually get free from my mom). Those are about three bux sugar or not for half a liter.

Anyway

basst scho

Don't show me pictures of delicious Wurschdsalat when I'm hungry, please :qq:

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

Anyway

basst scho

You threw edit: spaghetti shrimps, Wurst, and saure Gürken together and called it a day?

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 6, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

You threw spaghetti, Wurst, and saure Gürken together and called it a day?

Looks more like Zwiebeln, imho

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

System Metternich posted:

Don't show me pictures of delicious Wurschdsalat when I'm hungry, please :qq:
According to the above, all you have to do is cook some spagetos so chop chop lmao

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I feel like that guy who did not know what a shrimp was or was utterly unable to recognize it in a picture, you know the one?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I feel like that guy who did not know what a shrimp was or was utterly unable to recognize it in a picture, you know the one?

onions, small pastries, who can tell the difference

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Should've made the Swiss version of Wurst salad and used empty beers, then title it The Wurst-Käs scenario.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

German salads, ranked:

1. Kartoffelsalat (+vinegar, -mayo)
2. Döner/Falafel
3. Some lovely Nudelsalat someone brought to a potluck
4. Wurstsalat
5. Kartoffelsalat (-vinegar, +mayo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Smirr posted:

German salads, ranked:

1. Kartoffelsalat (+vinegar, -mayo)
2. Döner/Falafel
3. Some lovely Nudelsalat someone brought to a potluck
4. Wurstsalat
5. Kartoffelsalat (-vinegar, +mayo)

I was hellbent on nitpicking that, but it seems to fit.
The best salad is arugula, roasted goat cheese, walnut, honey, balsamic. (grapes optional) I had that in a few German restaurants, but I guess it would be considered French cousine?