Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

yeah just puttin my feet up now, kickin back and getting ready for the narrative to shift corona virus to "solved problem" as thousands of poors continue to die and not be counted, while everybody else ushers in the never-ending reign of god-emperor trump who "beat the models"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1247209457223897088
this loving rear end in a top hat

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
this modly audio is wild.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's finally happened. I've finally become that alternate-universe* Jor El who wishes he was right and that Krypton had exploded after all.

*Yes I know it was an imaginary world crafted by an alien parasite shut up

wasn't superman concieved by two jewish cousins. what you implying here

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

yea... I doubt that dude was actually on the ship, speech got played over the speakers

on the flipside, he actually rehearsed that speech and thought it was a good idea

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

this administration is so incompetent i love it

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
boris johnson is fine actually, he's comfortable in the hospital where he's undergoing routine tests, he continues to lead the nation and manage the national pandemic response, and also his deputy hasn't spoken to him for two days
https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/status/1247199672676032518

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Zyme posted:

yeah just puttin my feet up now, kickin back and getting ready for the narrative to shift corona virus to "solved problem" as thousands of poors continue to die and not be counted, while everybody else ushers in the never-ending reign of god-emperor trump who "beat the models"

this will also absolutely doom all life on earth as it will ensure climate change science is never ever taken seriously by the mainstream, there will be a huge backlash against scientists and we will essentially enter a permanent dark age until we are all dead

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1247198373339414531

About 1:43 in.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-szoldra/acting-secnav-modley-criticizing-capt-crozier-to-sailors-onboard-uss-theodore-roosevelt

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Iowa Governor issued shelter in place to prove me personally wrong

She did? I saw she ordered more things closed but didn't do a shelter in place.

Apparently Bingo Halls and Bowling alleys were still allowed to be open until today.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

angryrobots posted:

Time to dust off the max headroom mask

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/status/1247199672676032518

lol boris is dead

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

seems like a pretty good idea if your overall goal is to make it to the end of the day in one piece

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Pastor Spradlin was one of those who became ill, but tested negative for Covid-19. Even as he was sick, he posted on social media about "hysteria" surrounding the virus.

On the 13th of March Pastor Spradlin shared on Facebook a misleading post comparing swine flu and coronavirus deaths.

It suggested that Barack Obama and Donald Trump respectively had been treated very differently by the media and that it was a politically motivated ploy to harm President Trump.

:rip: although I lol’d at his kids blaming ‘the media’ even after Coronachan took him away

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Well I know where this is going

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FePw5PUWcjw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hey twoday this guy’s firing shots:

https://twitter.com/PeterKolchinsky/status/1247037317862350848

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol this guy trying to speedrun a revolution

Would be surprised if one happened at this point.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/lorengrush/status/1247210383284338695

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

can not wait to be double teamed by Boris and Rob Ford in the depths of hades

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

from r/navy

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Zeno-25 posted:

Are those string beans or are goons actually growing big plots of vulgaris to shell and dry?

Anyways here's the first tray of plants started two weeks ago for the garden this year, mostly peppers, eggplant, herbs, and greens:

Tomato with four cotyledons:

Planting the rest of the 'maters later today.

It's french beans and runner beans and you have some lovely looking plants there :)

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

boss move. talk a bunch of poo poo cuz everyone on board is gonna get smoked by chinese anti-ship missiles in eight months

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
yall are really reading a lot into him needing oxygen. i fear you're counting your dead bojos before they croak

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol i took a course on COBOL

i dont remember any of it, though

LIGMABOL

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Epic High Five posted:

followup, is there a term for when a ship doesn't defect but instead declares itself an independent sovereign nation

That time L. Ron Hubbard has his own ship

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Big hearty "LOL" at Boris's lungs turning into soup

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

upgunned shitpost posted:

boss move. talk a bunch of poo poo cuz everyone on board is gonna get smoked by chinese anti-ship missiles in eight months

ships are pretty slow, and missiles are really fast, seems like something they should've considered when drafting up Plan: Boats

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

my loving lab -
which is a cleanroom environment -
apparently can't get masks and is having people wear beard covers in the lab instead
cloth masks are still required onsite - but we have to provide them ourselves

i've personally gone through a upwards of a dozen masks in a day depending on how frequently I go in and out of the cleanroom

now apparently we can't even spare a single one to employees

gently caress!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

some people itt had some decent points, there's a lot of correlation not causation at play because the data available doesn't clearly show that the generation that was vaccinated has been largely protected from covid. I mean it's still possible but I think this is something that's going to be determined months from now at best.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

my loving lab -
which is a cleanroom environment -
apparently can't get masks and is having people wear beard covers in the lab instead
cloth masks are still required onsite - but we have to provide them ourselves

i've personally gone through a upwards of a dozen masks in a day depending on how frequently I go in and out of the cleanroom

now apparently we can't even spare a single one to employees

gently caress!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1247130744260083712?s=20

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

im more of a vba ""programmer"" myself

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
here is one for fan of the thread lambert

https://twitter.com/tmacktrading/status/1247201163377770499

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"you should never consider the media part of your chain-of-command" says the man serving under the Commander-in-Chief who routinely takes orders from what he hears on the TV

e: and the rant just devolves into FAKE NEWS bullshit lol

e2: "everyone's scared. but if this ship was in combat and there were hypersonic missiles coming at you, you'd be scared too" and then ranting about how we're not *technically* at war but a "BIG AUTHORITARIAN REGIME CALLED CHINA..."

brugroffil has issued a correction as of 18:23 on Apr 6, 2020

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Lmao so this guy says the captain is too stupid to command a carrier because he should know that emailing his chain of command will be leaked to the media so then this dumbass goes on the intercom in a ship full of sailors with cell phones and makes remarks he probably didn't want to have leak to the media. I think this dudes too dumb to be acting secretary

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Holy poo poo, my brother is on that ship right now and is suspected to have Covid-19 and that recording made my blood boil. I've never felt so insulted in my life, the lies he tells are so transparent, the attempt to deflect blame to China and Captain Croizer, just :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: There was one bit of it that was completely correct, though:

Secnav Speech @ 13:40 posted:

I made a decision for the Navy I love, for the Navy I served in and now serve for, and mostly for the sailors I am responsible for. Not just here but on nearly 300 other ships in the fleet. Your captain's actions had implications for them too. Imagine if every other CO believed the media was the proper channel to air grievances with their chain of command under difficult circumstances. We would no longer have a Navy, and not long after that we'd no longer have a country.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Dreylad posted:

some people itt had some decent points, there's a lot of correlation not causation at play because the data available doesn't clearly show that the generation that was vaccinated has been largely protected from covid. I mean it's still possible but I think this is something that's going to be determined months from now at best.

the nyc data also appears to be trending towards a 0.5% CFR in under 45, which seems like a point against the BCG hypothesis (142 deaths/27,510 cases, w/ 9% of cases resulting in hospitalization)

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

thought this was real for a split second.
they must have predicted this whole thing in an article a decade ago right?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
lots of motorcycles out today — weather is real nice. will the boomer motorcycle clubs still be meeting and going on their big rides together i wonder?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mrs. Dash posted:

Lmao so this guy says the captain is too stupid to command a carrier because he should know that emailing his chain of command will be leaked to the media so then this dumbass goes on the intercom in a ship full of sailors with cell phones and makes remarks he probably didn't want to have leak to the media. I think this dudes too dumb to be acting secretary

"your job is to not complain"

later,

"I'd never throw you guys under the bus!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Zyme posted:

this will also absolutely doom all life on earth as it will ensure climate change science is never ever taken seriously by the mainstream, there will be a huge backlash against scientists and we will essentially enter a permanent dark age until we are all dead

yea, it’s gonna be wild when no experts are ever listened to again for anything and it’s monied interests just boot-on-throat until we all die. not a ton different than right now, but their tone will be awful.