Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Dreylad posted:

the RCN having problems is something I can understand because the Canadian military seems pretty underfunded in general. the US military having problems with this thing is insane to me given how much funding they receive.

American "military spending" is mostly lining the pockets of Raytheon and Blackwater. Even in a "war" zone during "war" time something like 2/3 of Americans on the ground are outside contractors and not U.S. military. Boots don't see any of that money, which is why we've crashed like 3 ships lately due to fatigued sailors on undercrewed ships working overlong shifts without proper training for their posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

you'd figure 10 downing would have a crazy surgical theatre in the basement where they'd do phrenology and weird mason sex-stuff back in victorian times

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Why hasn't the government suggested to cancel those TrumpBux since WE WON THE WAR AGAINST VIRUS and they're no longer needed?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

WHERE'S MY loving MONEY

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
he can't resign if he's in a medically induced coma, he's gonna be prime minister forever

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

so, to recap:

sports: closed because god thinks it's bad
music: closed because god thinks it's bad
theaters: closed because god thinks it's bad
stock market: closed because god thinks it's bad
church: closed because god thinks it's good

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

GIMME MY BUX

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

upgunned shitpost posted:

you'd figure 10 downing would have a crazy surgical theatre in the basement where they'd do phrenology and weird mason sex-stuff back in victorian times

bring back those big lecture-hall glass dome surgeries but only for procedures done on the rich and powerful

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

snoo posted:

GIMME MY BUX

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

D1E posted:

I fell for the C-SPAM groupthink that this pandemic was going to lead to a glorious revolution eventually resulting in M4A and UBI.

You binches really let me down.

look, MadJackal himself couldn't tell us to pick up arms if he wanted to, that's just the way the forums rules work

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

snoo posted:

GIMME MY BUX

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: I say this with a ton of caution but we seem to be seeing a plateau. Our intubations and ICU occupancy is starting to decrease. Our area, like NY is about 10 days ahead of the rest of the country on this but hopefully we are peaking. If so I expect a rebound in mid May once we open back up but by then we’ll have 15 min covid testing.

First post in a while where I am cautiously optimistic.

Still out of gowns though. Oh well, trying to keep my family and I healthy while doing what needs to be done.

:toot:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

snoo posted:

WHERE'S MY loving MONEY

snoo you know in your heart what's coming

covid will magically clear up through some unknown force (they stop spreading the chemtrails/5G rollout)

then a month later everyone will get $1200 as the stock market shatters it's previous high score, ushering in the age of the trump dynasty

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

somebody give that rat its bux before it kills us all

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

FogHelmut posted:

https://twitter.com/TrumpNewsPolls/status/1247204530699358209

The military is authoritarian? Well that's the last place I'd expect that.

swearing like a sailor indeed

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If you'd already filed your 2019 taxes are they using 2018 or 2019 to determine eligibility and what bank account to use?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if trump gets a second term, that $1200 is getting clawed back next tax year

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1247215099573608449

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
*pounding on the white house gates* ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

D1E posted:

LOL what are the odds that the payment system the Treasury Department is using to pay us our TrumpBux is running COBOL?

What are the odds they hired a goon to "fix" it to pay us our stimulus checks?

Is the one guy left who knows COBOL gonna Office Space it and put it all in his bank account, becoming the new richest person and therefore King of America?

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Phi230 posted:

lol not even a month into the economic collapse and virus crisis and you and Schnork already declaring defeat

it's really, really hard to think in years here in the US and I have no idea why.

China went full lockdown and it took how many months to start settling back into a fraction of normalcy? meanwhile even attempting to take the same kind of steps here would meet with armed resistance from 1/3rd of the country

poo poo is going to be real bad for a real long time, sorry y'all

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

snoo posted:

GIMME MY BUX

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So there is a trend happening during this pandemic of christians breaking stay at home orders and harrasing women going to clinics where abortion services are provided.

Remember when HGTV was going to have a show with the Benham brothers but people uncovered that their comments on LGBT and abortion.

Well one of the brothers got arrested for being outside sidewalk "counseling" outside of a clinic that provides abortion and told the arresting officer to go arrest everyone in that clinic

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenhamBrothers/status/1246688808357244929

There also was this story

quote:

Four pro-lifers involved with North Carolina-based Love Life are suing the local government of Greensboro for "violating the group’s First Amendment rights to walk and pray on the sidewalk outside an abortion center."

On Saturday, March 28, four of Love Life’s activists were arrested by police for allegedly violating a local “stay at home” order in place during the COVID-19 pandemic by praying at abortion center A Woman’s Choice.

On Monday, March 30, another seven members of the pro-life group were arrested in the same location. 

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i didnt get that it was a recording of an intercom i was hoping that powerman got WHAT THE hosed to his face

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

so, to recap:

sports: closed because god thinks it's bad
music: closed because god thinks it's bad
theaters: closed because god thinks it's bad
stock market: closed because god thinks it's bad
church: closed because god thinks it's good

christian god is a petty rear end bitch, real karen

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Quetzadilla posted:

American "military spending" is mostly lining the pockets of Raytheon and Blackwater. Even in a "war" zone during "war" time something like 2/3 of Americans on the ground are outside contractors and not U.S. military. Boots don't see any of that money, which is why we've crashed like 3 ships lately due to fatigued sailors on undercrewed ships working overlong shifts without proper training for their posts.

Most of that money goes to mostly white, mostly male, mostly boomer+ who have next to no skills. It's such a huge grift government contracting. The 'skilled' part of our workforce has grown dramatically since the inception of the contract I work on while the hourly workers have stagnated. Yet, the scope of the 'skilled' work hasn't really changed. And well most of the people don't do a whole lot. Even the talented people who do 80% of the work don't really do much. It's rather insane.

The military is completely inept. Don't get any allusions that it's somehow uniquely competent like the Army Core of Engineers, the AirForce and it looks like the navy at least are completely clueless.

When you look at crumbling infrastructure that exists in our government and military organizations in terms of Skilled people who can organized and mange complex organizations.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: I say this with a ton of caution but we seem to be seeing a plateau. Our intubations and ICU occupancy is starting to decrease. Our area, like NY is about 10 days ahead of the rest of the country on this but hopefully we are peaking. If so I expect a rebound in mid May once we open back up but by then we’ll have 15 min covid testing.

First post in a while where I am cautiously optimistic.

Still out of gowns though. Oh well, trying to keep my family and I healthy while doing what needs to be done.

Hey sincerely thank you for the update. I heard an MD from NYC saying on Friday that although he was still seeing acceleration in patients coming in, he was feeling a bit optimism because they are finally seeing some positive outcomes in a handful of early cases and that healthcare workers are at least seeing patterns and learning what could and could not work with some confidence.

I hope the people like you and MadJackal and all the other doctors and nurses lurking or otherwise are able to find a little bit of silver lining...it has to be difficult experience this real time, but know that your words mean a lot to us hanger-ons (and of course your day job of keeping people alive means a lot too)

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

My Gimmick Name posted:

it's really, really hard to think in years here in the US and I have no idea why.

China went full lockdown and it took how many months to start settling back into a fraction of normalcy? meanwhile even attempting to take the same kind of steps here would meet with armed resistance from 1/3rd of the country

poo poo is going to be real bad for a real long time, sorry y'all

We're past the peak and the United States economy was never designed to be shut down so it's over move on.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
They had to completely shut down Wuhan for like 10 weeks but I'm sure a half-assed "lockdown" in NYC for like 6 weeks will do the trick

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

oxsnard posted:

They had to completely shut down Wuhan for like 10 weeks but I'm sure a half-assed "lockdown" in NYC for like 6 weeks will do the trick

AMERICA IS #1

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/1247220058218061827

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

snoo posted:

WHERE'S MY loving MONEY
You forgot the rat with the gun

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

D1E posted:

We're past the peak and the United States economy was never designed to be shut down so it's over move on.

:hmmno:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

every time the death toll rises another 10k we get another trumpbux

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MysteriousStranger posted:

nobody is beyond the air force, it's not even close. the air force school is in colorado springs the home of biblical nutjobbery. biblical nut jobs specifically join the air force because of it's political power and latest and greatest technologies over all the other services. the air force has repeatedly gotten into trouble for forcing christianity on it's own staff.

They also can't handle the responsibility of nuclear weapons.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dustcat posted:

if trump gets a second term, that $1200 is getting clawed back next tax year

Unless Bernie Sanders is elected, it's getting clawed back

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

invading the US would be expensive and dangerous as gently caress, and like why even bother? the federal branch and most states are literally openly for sale, nobody's even hiding it anymore

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

holy poo poo, johns hopkins arcgis map just jumped 700 deaths to 10,335 total

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
someone I know posted Alex Jones Chinese lab created viruses poo poo. guess I say my condolences before she drinks the tank cleaner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

invading the US would be expensive and dangerous as gently caress, and like why even bother? the federal branch and most states are literally openly for sale, nobody's even hiding it anymore

hope yall like farm work, because china is going to make us their breadbasket