Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

new kind of cat posted:

gimme dat military coup GODDAMN

White civilians reallyyyyyy dont get they aren't on the same side as the military. Gonna be a rude awakening lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Kazak_Hstan posted:

my childhood cat did too, but she killed everything that moved

it sucks they can't run around and be free, but they're safer inside and so are the birds

mine brought a chipmunk back in the house like it was a baby

another cat we had possessed the killer instinct to bat mice off of walls like they were racquetballs, though

for what it's worth, i don't plan on ever having pets again anyway

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

how is number doing

people are suffering so its going up

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

American cats kill 1 trillion birds every year.

what are birds?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

fosborb posted:

the company I work for has 5,000 people and is now 95%+ work from home, and they haven't even begun to draft plans to return to offices.

it's going to take a while to walk all this back, and without clear federal direction that it's safe... now! no one is going to want to be the first

The federal govt is going to be the ones telling everyone everything is fine and it's safe to go outside again in a week.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

covid for breakfast? is it saint trompo's day already? T'is! Replied Aunt number

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

a cat can kill an animal up to a thousand times its body weight

when a kitten coughs on a morbidly obese guy

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i thought like ~97% of cat owners keep their cats indoors 100% of the time

leaving demographic space for 1% barn cats, 1% cats on leashes, 1% bodega cats

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Good soup! posted:

dogs and cats are both cool

please keep your cats inside

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

Replace Essential Worker with Poor

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one neighbor letting one cat out is enough to kill all birds in the world

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

trump rules everything around me
tream
print the money
dolla dolla bills yall

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

indoor cats take effort, so they don't become like stressed zoo cats. when people are adamant about their cats going outside, i recommend a bird be safe collar, but in typical cat owner fashion, no one ever uses it. sad, they're really missing out:

https://www.birdsbesafe.com/

Rauros has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Apr 6, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Barry's preferred candidate is showing
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1247233987304660993?s=20

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
condolences in advance to all the victims of the 2020 cat pogroms

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

American cats kill 1 trillion birds every year.

thats badass, cats rule

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my dad thinks WFH will be over and hospitalizations will be down to less than 10 in Virginia by June. we work at the same university and he’s expecting summer classes to happen normally lmao

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

twoday posted:

Dutch newspaper said a bunch of top scientists met up and concluded that we might be trapped inside for 2 years

Wait didn't the Dutch only start telling people to stay at home a couple of days ago? Not sure these are the highest quality epidemiologists tbh

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

cool just checked out warrens new plan

could kill between 10,000 and 10,000,000 thanks for the info liz

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rauros posted:

indoor cats take effort, so they don't become like stressed zoo cats. when people are adamant about their cats going outside, i recommend a bird be safe collar, but in typical cat owner fashion, no one ever uses it. sad, they're really missing out:

in typical cat fashion all of the pictures are of cats that are about to murder their owners in their sleep for putting such a thing on them

(i'm legit surprised those work so well, usually cats are good at removing collars that are big)

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

one neighbor letting one cat out is enough to kill all birds in the world

demonstrably false

my house is surrounded by birds daily and there are like 4-5 neighborhood strays that like to sit on my porch

i once counted 8 cardinals in the trees out behind my house

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

demonstrably false

my house is surrounded by birds daily and there are like 4-5 neighborhood strays that like to sit on my porch

those aren’t birds or not cats

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I've been shitposting elsewhere about large companies not being prepared at all to restructure management to prepare for the massive psychological damage being inflicted on their employees, even if they aren't laying off anyone, and meanwhile all site-based socialization like employee resource groups, mentorships, volunteering, etc are all cancelled or at best replaced with the occasional zoom-based bingo hour

and now Marketplace wants to do an interview with me lol ive been loving owned

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

shovelbum posted:

Maybe don't have an animal that's a notoriously neurotic mess inside and an invasive predator outside

no more humans allowed indoors

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

euphronius posted:

those aren’t birds or not cats

oh dang

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Rauros posted:

Pet owner: Why is my indoor cat so crazy?

Indoor cat: please shake the toy stick oh god I need to play so badly oh gently caress it's so boring here

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Epic High Five posted:

that sucks, is it bad where you're at or is she just being realistic about the effect on her once it does get bad?

yeah her hospital is about an hour outside of boston. her hospital system (in ma/nh) she works for is closing in on 200 confirmed cases among its staff last i knew

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

I've been shitposting elsewhere about large companies not being prepared at all to restructure management to prepare for the massive psychological damage being inflicted on their employees, even if they aren't laying off anyone, and meanwhile all site-based socialization like employee resource groups, mentorships, volunteering, etc are all cancelled or at best replaced with the occasional zoom-based bingo hour

and now Marketplace wants to do an interview with me lol ive been loving owned

Kai rysdall marketplace?

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i lust for boris death

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

To be fair there are also working cats who need to go out and kill rats and things, aslo people who live in areas with rat populations might be helped by keeping them down. Sorry Snoo, I know rats are good and friends but sometimes they can be a bit much if they descend into homes uninvited en masse

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Indoor cat: please shake the toy stick oh god I need to play so badly oh gently caress it's so boring here

pet owner: lol my cat is so fun and quirky!

indoor cat: *has debilitating anxiety*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we should give the planet to the rats at this point

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

NofrikinfuN posted:

demonstrably false

prob a function of how much the strays are eating. I'm sure they'd hunt your nabe clean of birds if they were hungry if they didn't do it just for the lulz

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Eat This Glob posted:

she said this pandemic may break her of her ability to do emergency medicine any more, which is a real pisser because she was so gung ho and competent which breaks my heart a bit, but she'll do what she has to do

yeah one of the things I've been thinking about is that on top of casualties there are gonna be a lot of nurses and physicians and so on who are probably gonna retire after this or move to less intensive specialties

the healthcare field in general is gonna be shook by this even if we don't see any institutional changes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
indoor cats don’t go crazy you dumb nerds

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Jerry Bindle posted:

i lust for boris death

I just spoke to boris right now on the phone and he's just having some routine blood tests and is super frustrated at being kept in the hospital for no good reason, and is itching to bluster unconvincingly on camera once more if only he could get any signal in the hospital

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

this is why you should live in a really old house that has persistent mice problems

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I used my other toilet that doesn’t have a bidet for the first time in years and I’ve never felt more violated by my own butthole

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

cats are demons and they make me sneeze

buy a dog or 10 green cheeks

end of discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mr Hootington posted: