Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

brugroffil posted:

where are those cool funerals from

i think the original meme is from ghana but some people are using jazz funeral clips instead

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dancing-pallbearers
yeah Ghana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

if that doctor uses that mushroom they're gonna be way too big and unable to perform their duties as a doctor, and Mario knows this. What's Mario's game here? Where was Mario when the first cases hit Italy?

he wants to gently caress the doctor

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

what's COVIDing

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

it’s not a legal state actually, and the clientele are generally shady and / or stupid

thats too dumb for words its called a morality clause jfc

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Homeless Friend posted:

shaking boris hand muttering thank you for this tremendous content

his death, people freaking out at ff7r, gonna be a good week of content

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

You are not being unreasonable.

She has public contact and its not unreasonable for you to tell her that. If she lives by her self she should just keep it that way till this passes.

she does. i've been visiting her every other day and all weekend since we've only gone to places together thus far. but i can't risk killing my parents over this. jesus christ.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1247207680869126146

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

lol America

gamemaster anthony everyone comes in for a big intubation!!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

Coronavirus giving Boris more of a fight than Corbyn I see

CORBYD-19

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Frog Act posted:

my girlfriend had a part time job at a headshop, that she’s always insisted she could live without. she also teaches. I live with my parents who are 63 and 67.

they offered her shifts starting this week. the store is by “appointment only” and one customer at a time. i think I basically can’t see her if she’s working directly with the public because of what that could mean for my parents

she thinks I’m being unreasonable. am I?

You are not being unreasonable.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

good borises rejoice

https://youtu.be/uw8rF8UWTk8

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Frog Act posted:

my girlfriend had a part time job at a headshop, that she’s always insisted she could live without. she also teaches. I live with my parents who are 63 and 67.

they offered her shifts starting this week. the store is by “appointment only” and one customer at a time. i think I basically can’t see her if she’s working directly with the public because of what that could mean for my parents

she thinks I’m being unreasonable. am I?

you are not being unreasonable.

i am assuming "headshop" does not mean "legally regulated marijuana dispensary". she should not take this job. it is surprising this store is open right now. no one needs a new bong that badly.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

fire sale on malaria pills

the wrong people die every day

tima
Mar 1, 2001

No longer a newbie

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1247247684056109058

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1247249078276304896

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1212679425629859840?s=20

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Dow Jones Soars As Boris Johnson Moved To ICU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Frog Act posted:

yeah I don't know how to emphasize this enough. she says that since i go to the grocery store and get gas it's the same thing. i have to do that and i know she could survive without those shifts. this is turning into a big fight and i don't know how to convince her i can't risk my families life for her to make ~$90 a week.

Tell her ok, every time she goes into work she rolls a hundred sided dice. If the number is 1, 2 or 3, your parents die. People can transmit this asymptomatically, so that one person at a time in the shop means nothing if someone infected wanders in and breathes all over her while not having any symptoms.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im already lolin at the meme of the ghana funeral music overlayed on bojos actual funeral

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Tell her ok, every time she goes into work she rolls a hundred sided dice. If the number is 1, 2 or 3, your parents die. People can transmit this asymptomatically, so that one person at a time in the shop means nothing if someone infected wanders in and breathes all over her while not having any symptoms.

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

you are not being unreasonable.

i am assuming "headshop" does not mean "legally regulated marijuana dispensary". she should not take this job. it is surprising this store is open right now. no one needs a new bong that badly.

thanks guys. you're right that headshop is not a dispensary, it's just a bong and eliquid store. i love her very much but i love my parents too. I just don't know how to convince her not to do this. loving hell

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Dow Jones Soars As Boris Johnson Moved To ICU

Thank you Boris! Working hard!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

bojo is just in the ICU, not on a vent apparently

so give it a day or so

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

SorePotato posted:

Thank you Boris! Working hard!

(BUY STOCKS) TO PAY RESPECTS

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

thanks guys. you're right that headshop is not a dispensary, it's just a bong and eliquid store. i love her very much but i love my parents too. I just don't know how to convince her not to do this. loving hell

when you say she teaches is she like an actual public school teacher jeopardizing a good union job by working at a "den of moral turpitude" or whatever her contract language says, in the middle of a depression?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Frog Act posted:

yeah I don't know how to emphasize this enough. she says that since i go to the grocery store and get gas it's the same thing. i have to do that and i know she could survive without those shifts. this is turning into a big fight and i don't know how to convince her i can't risk my families life for her to make ~$90 a week.

Idk how serious you two are but if she's unwilling to either do long distance for $90/wk working at a non-essential business or forego it for the sake of your family then she needs to figure out what the gently caress her priorities in life are in the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic. That's not on you, you've made your perfectly reasonable position clear and she has to make a decision.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

NofrikinfuN posted:

the wrong people die every day

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

gonna start snorting sudafed because there is literally no other reason for trump to still be alive while boris is in the icu

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

yes hooting over death in general is bad taste, but Boris has been intrinsically involved in loving up the UK irreparably and ruining countless lives and I will not be ashamed at lolling about his predicament

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1247250038822223872

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

deadwing posted:

bojo is just in the ICU, not on a vent apparently

so give it a day or so

hell yesterday he was 'just having some routine tests' so who knows

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
where's that pic of Krusty saying "Poochie's dead" except well

it says Boris

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/bbcbweaking/status/1247242154927415296

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

shovelbum posted:

when you say she teaches is she like an actual public school teacher jeopardizing a good union job by working at a "den of moral turpitude" or whatever her contract language says, in the middle of a depression?

she's a part-time teacher so there's no morality clause afaik, but the school is pretty tolerant and arty to begin with. her part-time hours are a bit touch and go but she's been assured they'll be the same she would get usually, with some exceptions (the minimum for teaching classes, basically)

Quetzadilla posted:

Idk how serious you two are but if she's unwilling to either do long distance for $90/wk working at a non-essential business or forego it for the sake of your family then she needs to figure out what the gently caress her priorities in life are in the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic. That's not on you, you've made your perfectly reasonable position clear and she has to make a decision.

we've been together nearly a year and are very serious, I'm very much in love with her, but this is upsetting the gently caress out of me. i have the income to cover both of us for now on anything we need. there's literally no reason for her to do this. i've made it clear i can't see her if she decides to work there. going there to pick up her check was dangerous enough.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

drat, Onion is quick on the draw. God bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What is this qrc subforum?