Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game is extremely janky but definitely has potential. I recommend waiting a while unless you have psychopath-level patience like I do.

Definitely review the mechanics for logging out safely before you start cuz they're not intuitive at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Lots of big awesome PvP fights today. This game is way more fun than I expected it to be.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

please knock Mom! posted:

One of my friends is an absolute god with the grappling hook and one time swung from tree to tree while smashing multiple chinese zerglings between swings.

Arven posted:

The center of the fight was a harpooned walker hanging over the side of a cliff with us fighting the crew on the deck.

These both sound amazing. I'd love to see video of either of these. What grappling hook was your friend using? I've found the entry-level hook doesn't reel in quickly enough to get good horizontal movement. It usually reels out pretty quickly - fast enough that you can take falling damage - but sometimes glitches and unreels at a snail's pace... usually when I've just grabbed a giant cactus fruit and need to get down before my stamina runs out.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

NaanViolence posted:

This game is extremely janky but definitely has potential. I recommend waiting a while unless you have psychopath-level patience like I do.

Definitely review the mechanics for logging out safely before you start cuz they're not intuitive at all.

Yeah, i done hosed up and picked to spawn at the oasis goons are at after dying and just realized i'll be starting from scratch. I'll see if i can join the clan and beg someone for some wood tomorrow.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hello Sailor posted:

These both sound amazing. I'd love to see video of either of these. What grappling hook was your friend using? I've found the entry-level hook doesn't reel in quickly enough to get good horizontal movement. It usually reels out pretty quickly - fast enough that you can take falling damage - but sometimes glitches and unreels at a snail's pace... usually when I've just grabbed a giant cactus fruit and need to get down before my stamina runs out.

You can get good horizontal movement if you swing from tree to tree, but you need to start with some height. Usually we reel up to a rock and then start swinging, but eventually you run out of trees so that doesn't always work. We have the fast hook now (bee hives spawn depending on the oasis you're in, so if yours doesn't have any go to another) which is far far better

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

What's the best way to farm fragments? I can't seem to find many of them.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Trade Zone Shenanigans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8Cip3wt2I

Trap Sprung!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv9JMQY-Q9s

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 6, 2020

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

GoGoGadget posted:

I've only gotten as far as the first map after the cradle, but for me it's been looting the ancient wrecks. I'll get 1-2 from the goodie bags that don't have any access requirements, ~5 from the ones you need an axe for, and lots from the ones you need a walker-mounted ballista for. The spider walker model with the rear ballista (and crap cargo space) can drag the smaller crates, but not the very largest ones. You'll also get a metric poo poo-ton of repair hammers and entry-level armor from wrecks.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 6, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

GoGoGadget posted:

Stop buying early access games if it bothers you so much. Yet, I see you in nearly every one of these threads...

"just stop playing games if you have anything to complain about lol"

see you in the next EA title that you ruthlessly defend because devs can apparently do no wrong

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I like lone wolfing it, but it's too easy to hide with a spider. I figure it'd be more exciting with high speed chases.

The descriptions claim the falco, toboggan and hornet are all fast. Anyone know if they're roughly the same speed or if one stands above the rest?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
spent 2 hours traveling to a location to poo poo on some dudes, crash while loading into the zone, deposited somewhere random 500 water away from where i was (While i was in a firefly)

thanks, guess i'll just waste another 2 hours moving

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Destroying other people's game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkluMc9AJ6M

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

queef anxiety posted:

how and where do I get these seemingly different fragments for the higher tier recipes?

Hard difficulty zones. There is a large ruin on the map with a machine that takes Fragments + Torque and turns it into the Tablets. 100 Fragments per 1 Tablet. The machine can take up to 2000 Fragments at once and requires 1000 Torque to power it netting 20 Tablets. There are also single-use places on the map that take 100 Fragments and 400 Torque to generate a single Tablet.

Arven posted:

Did anyone get a recording of that huge battle earlier?

The battles in this game are nuts. The center of the fight was a harpooned walker hanging over the side of a cliff with us fighting the crew on the deck.

I think some people mentioned they were recording. I really want to watch a video of it, though. I was there and it was crazy. We had a bunch of walkers that had harpooned it and were trying to keep it from falling over the cliff. We then discovered that the enemy had ALSO harpooned it with a dangling walker trying to pull it over. I grappled down below the enemy walker and yanked out their harpoon, causing their other walker to fall down the cliff, thus halting the fall.

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah, i done hosed up and picked to spawn at the oasis goons are at after dying and just realized i'll be starting from scratch. I'll see if i can join the clan and beg someone for some wood tomorrow.

We have so many resources now. Just join the Discord, X up in global chat, and tell us that you need to be added to the clan. You can join up with a PvP crew, die a whole bunch, and come back with a bunch of weapons and materials. Or just work on your quests. There are a lot of people playing who can help you out.

GoGoGadget posted:

Look in the 2nd post in the Fragments section. The ruin on the top-right corner of the picture is where you get your Fragments from. You use a Flint Harpoon to drag the chest around. You get about 20 Fragments from the chest.

Donnerberg posted:

The descriptions claim the falco, toboggan and hornet are all fast. Anyone know if they're roughly the same speed or if one stands above the rest?

The Toboggan got nerfed really hard at the end of closed beta and the descriptions never got changed. It is actually pretty slow, although the torque it has is insane (not the in-game Torque resource, but how easily it powers up inclines).

Nobody has been able to use the Falco or Hornet yet as they require Tablets and we can't make those yet.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

spent 2 hours traveling to a location to poo poo on some dudes, crash while loading into the zone, deposited somewhere random 500 water away from where i was (While i was in a firefly)

thanks, guess i'll just waste another 2 hours moving

It's just a Firefly. Kill yourself, choose to spawn at a different oasis, and pick the oasis you want to be at.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

"just stop playing games if you have anything to complain about lol"

see you in the next EA title that you ruthlessly defend because devs can apparently do no wrong

yeah I don't know why people do this, I guess games are themselves parasocial relationships

quick question: someone in the pub forums has to have made garbage shipgirl art. how bad is it?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Its a bit tiring to watch an Eve online player complain about an actual good game though

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Good Dumplings posted:

quick question: someone in the pub forums has to have made garbage shipgirl art. how bad is it?

Mix it with the "dragons loving cars" thing, but with the game's giant monsters.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
We had a problem with our parking.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Destroying other people's game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkluMc9AJ6M

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If anyone is on the fence about this game it's actually quite stable. Not had a crash yet! it's also not too grindy, as you never lose tech your character has learnt. Even if you lose everything it's not too much of a chore to rebuild.

i gave a random guy a sickle and then he got murdered 10 mins later :smith:

also if you're a noob like me don't waste ages going around harvesting bushes and picking up stones after you leave the starter oasis. go grab tech and unlock the pickaxe and sickle.

e: oh yeah, also never hoard fragments. just keep unlocking stuff immediately.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 6, 2020

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Yeah, it runs pretty well and is relatively forgiving.

As long as you stash valuable poo poo in a lobby'd walker, and tech into basic tools, weapons and armor, there's nothing you can't recover from.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Does the tick/burning damage from fire bolts stack? Or do you only have one on a walker at a time?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Aertuun posted:

Does the tick/burning damage from fire bolts stack? Or do you only have one on a walker at a time?

Haven't used them yet myself, but I heard folks on our discord say that it stacks and a single bolt does something like 800 damage over a 10 minute period.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
850 damage over 10 minutes. A tier 0 dinghy has 13500 HP, so reducing it to half health to unlock it is 13500 / 2 / 850 = 7.94, so 8 Fire Bolts. Of course, you can throw 16 Fire Bolts onto it to unlock it in 5 minutes, but that is quite expensive.

Dinghy:
Tier 0: 8 Fire Bolts
Tier 1: 9 Fire Bolts
Tier 2: 10 Fire Bolts

Stiletto:
Tier 0: 9 Fire Bolts

Toboggan:
Tier 0: 10 Fire Bolts

Firefly:
Tier 0: 1 Fire Bolt

Spider:
Tier 0: 1 Fire Bolt

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Its a bit tiring to watch an Eve online player complain about an actual good game though

It's not good yet tho. It has potential but we gotta make sure the developers bust their asses in the right direction. These criticisms are warranted.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Anyone know what these remote ballista are supposed to do? I built one, put it on my dinghy, and can store things in it, but can't figure out how to use it.

e: VVV - Ooh, thanks. Gonna try dragging one of those goddamn blue cats across the landscape.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 6, 2020

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hello Sailor posted:

Anyone know what these remote ballista are supposed to do? I built one, put it on my dinghy, and can store things in it, but can't figure out how to use it.

They're a bit awkward to use. Put bolts or harpoons in it, start driving your walker, and then left-click once to load a bolt. Then if you rotate the camera you should see the white aiming arc appear behind your walker. They can't fire 360 degrees.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Hello Sailor posted:

e: VVV - Ooh, thanks. Gonna try dragging one of those goddamn blue cats across the landscape.

The best way to kill the Nurr is to jump onto their back from on top of your walker. They can't hurt you then. Just remember to grapple them before you deal the last hit so you can find their collision box. There is a bug in the current build of the game where the collision box rolls away from the creature model when it dies. Your grapple hooks onto the collision box so you can determine where it rolls away. This is also a useful tip to harvest Phemke hide.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://streamable.com/0xo49f

We’ve been destroying teams all day long, lots of good sports too. Mostly cause we let them go after taking their chests I think.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Nalin posted:

The best way to kill the Nurr is to jump onto their back from on top of your walker. They can't hurt you then. Just remember to grapple them before you deal the last hit so you can find their collision box. There is a bug in the current build of the game where the collision box rolls away from the creature model when it dies. Your grapple hooks onto the collision box so you can determine where it rolls away. This is also a useful tip to harvest Phemke hide.

I tried that a few times, but haven't gotten the hang of it yet. So, lots of cat bites. I'm looking forward to harpooning one of those jerks and dragging them.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ye my group has been killing hard, came across an actual good group last night and the only reason we won was because we slightly outnumbered them, they had like 8 repeaters on their poo poo and so many of us died slowly breaking them down while they could instantly kill us pretty much.

also rupu slingers needs to be fixed, they're incredibly busted.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Nalin posted:

You can throw 16 Fire Bolts onto it to unlock it in 5 minutes, but that is quite expensive.

Cheers guys, that just saved us a bunch of time! We've been terrorising a small corner of one of the EU maps today. Small victories!

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

How do you even go between region's servers anymore? I only see EU in the world map now, where I used to be able to zoom out and see every region.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ye my group has been killing hard, came across an actual good group last night and the only reason we won was because we slightly outnumbered them, they had like 8 repeaters on their poo poo and so many of us died slowly breaking them down while they could instantly kill us pretty much.

Repeaters are insanely good vs boarders holy poo poo

We actually let people who are good sports go with most of their stuff, as long as they promise to kill any chinese names on sight

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah idk it's really stupid you can spawn naked, grapple onto your walker, instantly get in a thing which is almost impossible to get hit out of, and then be able to instakill fully geared people on your ship.

also this game fell into the same trap atlas did, having AI being able to aimbot 1shot people and being able to drop that poo poo anywhere is really loving dumb

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I dunno, seems like the flat damage reduction armor really fucks repeaters, and the foresters' we use is pretty good too. Haven't seen massed rupu slingers yet though because their ammo costs a gently caress ton.

So far we've been owning people, though occasionally we do lose, and losing in this game means you lose badly. It's mainly due to numbers or vastly superior preparation, since we're pretty good about keeping 2 stilettos watered up + stocked with gear sets. There's only so much you can do when the other side has 2x your numbers though, especially if they're decent players as well.

I think weapons should clip through a lot of the wooden things people now use to hide behind. Steering levers, etc.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the game's lovely tickrate and lag during big fights means you can hit stagger someone 2-3 times before they even get the notification.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I look forward to the next time 1001 Arabian dicks gets killed so we can get another update on what got him and why it was totally bullshit.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Yeah. It is compounded by the fact that they removed the unpack time until they could fix the issues it was causing the servers. Normally they wouldn't be able to unpack a rupu slinger base during a fight because anybody in the vicinity would cause the unpack to abort.

GoGoGadget posted:

How do you even go between region's servers anymore? I only see EU in the world map now, where I used to be able to zoom out and see every region.

They made it so you only see servers within a certain range of you. As you travel, more will display. It was probably to keep traffic down.

Repeaters are insanely good vs boarders holy poo poo

They are pretty good, yeah. You can hit the person inside from the back, though, so grapple up with a one-handed weapon and smack them.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Comrayn posted:

I look forward to the next time 1001 Arabian dicks gets killed so we can get another update on what got him and why it was totally bullshit.

didn't die to it, but if you think this is good gameplay you're a dumb mother fucker

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousSplendidSlothStrawBeary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Here's how you beat repeaters: if there's 1 you stand on top of it, if there's multiple you just don't show your fat loving face where they can shoot it. Seriously just try shooting one yourself, it's inaccurate as gently caress at anything further than point blank, and it deals like 35 damage pre-reduction (so that's like 15 or whatever including your armor). Yeah they shred but honestly don't stand still/in front of them and you're fine.

What really sucks is when you get rammed by a boat with 3 repeaters on it and your entire deck is turned into swiss cheese. Even if you win the fight later on, everything you own will be broken.