Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Chuka Umana posted:

Well if Boris is gone you can kiss any chance of spending increases for the next ten years goodbye.

If austerity reasserts itself as a dominant political project then the UK collapses and we'll have to rebuild something anew so I'm not really worried about its long term implications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
How many in the cabinet are now frantically phoning round getting monkey glands installed so that they don't die of Covid?

This is just the dumbest way this can happen isn't it. This entire thing is ridiculous.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Imagine being a privileged Tory and walking around like you can get away with anything, impervious to consequences, and then a virus gets you.being put in a hospital ward with a load of poors. The sheer shock alone would be enough to put you in ICU.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

This is funny. Proper brightened up my day, this has

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Bardeh posted:

that IDS quote basically confirms that Boris is pretty much already fighting for his life, doesn't it? none of this 'moved as a precaution' bullshit

Very much so. That's not the talk of someone who has been told "The PM's in intensive care but it's mostly as a precaution in case his health fails further, at the moment we have every reason to be optimistic." That's the talk of someone who just got a briefing saying something like "The PM is literally unable to breathe unaided and his chances of pulling through are low and declining by the hour."

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

How many in the cabinet are now frantically phoning round getting monkey glands installed so that they don't die of Covid?

This is just the dumbest way this can happen isn't it. This entire thing is ridiculous.

oh yeah, like you say they weren't taking this seriously, by which i mean like... right up until today if they even are now.

this is gonna throw things into chaos for another 2-3 weeks at least, especially if he takes a while then dies

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just heard an important Boris statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_GgowniQWk

BORIS posted:

Responses with no substance, the meter indicates "ignore"
Find out someone who shares your forename and last name
Stimulate the same spot deliberately
I'll lure it out, the wet system of yours
Oh, I'm a wanderer, I'll just keep singing this annoying song
Laughing, laughing, laughing, la-li-lu-li-la-lu-la
Laughing, laughing, laughing, la-li-lu-li-la-lu-la
Just laughing
This is our STATEMENT
Lmao

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 6, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Imagining the Cabinet all rushing to the hospital to be around the Great Man and they start hashing out succession only for him to wake up briefly, make Beria Patel poo poo herself because she was poo poo-talking him, and then actually die.

What I'm saying is his death will be as joyful and as chaotic as the Death of Stalin.

Corbyn strides in, swinging his dick, shrugs off his badass longcoat, and goes "I took Islington North, I think I can take a flesh lump in a business suit"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I like IDS basically saying "oh yes, I do feel bad. I had met the man many times in the corridor"

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Ms Adequate posted:

Imagining the Cabinet all rushing to the hospital to be around the Great Man and they start hashing out succession only for him to wake up briefly, make Beria Patel poo poo herself because she was poo poo-talking him, and then actually die.

What I'm saying is his death will be as joyful and as chaotic as the Death of Stalin.

Corbyn strides in, swinging his dick, shrugs off his badass longcoat, and goes "I took Islington North, I think I can take a flesh lump in a business suit"

ooh, now I know what film I'm gonna watch tonight

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Original for those who want to Blast a Banger for Boris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jql4Z6ob_tw

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rip boris, kill by he own terrible government.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
also, if you want a respite from all covid all the time, Port Lympne have livecams for their big cats:

Here are some lion cubs eating some legs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl95jwVP2yQ

and here's a tiger sleeping on its back :3: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgAIfW-si0

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

He's already fuckin dead isn't he. he's been dead for like 4 days and the government isn't sure what to do to avoid a mass panic so they're dragging it out as long as possible weekend at bernies style so they can lessen the blow.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Communist Thoughts posted:

I like IDS basically saying "oh yes, I do feel bad. I had met the man many times in the corridor"

IDS totally unconcerned as the undead are immune to disease

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If this year keeps going at this kind of clip then it's going to be March 2021 at the earliest before someone remembers that we technically hard Brexited, and everyone will be too busy with the sudden arrival of C'thulu to even acknowledge it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

oh yeah, like you say they weren't taking this seriously, by which i mean like... right up until today if they even are now.

this is gonna throw things into chaos for another 2-3 weeks at least, especially if he takes a while then dies

If Boris dies you are going to suddenly see an awful lot of Tories suddenly start taking this a lot more seriously. But until that happens I think nothing will occur.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Josef bugman posted:

If Boris dies you are going to suddenly see an awful lot of Tories suddenly start taking this a lot more seriously. But until that happens I think nothing will occur.

I'm not even sure about that, it'd be extremely easy for them to go "Well of course Boris got it and died he shook hands with a commoner and was up to his eyeballs on booze and coke all day" and think they're still immune

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

I'm not even sure about that, it'd be extremely easy for them to go "Well of course Boris got it and died he shook hands with a commoner and was up to his eyeballs on booze and coke all day" and think they're still immune

The latter will probably be more of a concern for most of them than the former, but I do take your point.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Honestly I'm that used to the tories actively doing the dumbest course of action and nothing happening to them that Boris doing the laziest option during a pandemic and it backfiring on him has caught me off guard and I don't know how to cope.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you want something else unabashedly joyful, did you know foxes laugh when they're happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aK-_d8ZL0

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

The irony of it, the protagonist being hoisted by his own petard. The very definition of a tragedy. This is the sort of thing noted classicist Joris Bonson loves. Truly this is the death he would want.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Honestly I'm that used to the tories actively doing the dumbest course of action and nothing happening to them that Boris doing the laziest option during a pandemic and it backfiring on him has caught me off guard and I don't know how to cope.

It wasn't even the laziest option it was the actively stupidest option. The man who was supposed to run the country for five years has probably killed himself within months of taking charge because he saw a sign that said "do not stick your dick in the woodchipper" and decided that clearly he had to stick his dick in the woodchipper to show how clever he is.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1247258162002092032

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I don't want him to die because every death suggests the IFR and CFR are worse, and selfishly that's pretty much the only reason.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

I'm not convinced any of the shitshow of replacements in the tory party would want to take over once boris RIPs outa here. Brexit was bad enough, but at least they could massage things with their extensive control of the media. Pretty hard to bullshit and blame brussels on the massive loving body count but obviously they'll try.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

StarkingBarfish posted:

Original for those who want to Blast a Banger for Boris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jql4Z6ob_tw

The soundtrack of the lockdown

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nothingtoseehere posted:

They reported it yesterday, when it wasn't true. Their predictions subsequently happening doesn't not make an earlier report bullshit.

While that's an excellent post-username combo, I feel the need to point out that Dominic Raab said he hasn't spoken to Johnson, the person supposedly running the government's COVID-19 response, since Saturday. We're pretty clearly getting news on a time-lag here.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

You laugh. You laugh long and hard, my friend

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Can't wait for Britain to be first across the finish line, easily claiming the prize for first dead head of government. Britain still leading the world

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Rees mogg set to crawl out of the woodwork to announce if boris was smarter and had common sense he would of simply not got coronavirus in the first place

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OwlFancier posted:

If you want something else unabashedly joyful, did you know foxes laugh when they're happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aK-_d8ZL0

Finally we know what the fox says. This is the kind of content we need in these dark days.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Drone_Fragger posted:

Rees mogg set to crawl out of the woodwork to announce if boris was smarter and had common sense he would of simply not got coronavirus in the first place

He wouldn't be wrong to say it, for once.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

Except the thing is he would be 100% right.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dell_Zincht posted:

You laugh. You laugh long and hard, my friend

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Venomous posted:

So I moved back home, because I didn't want to be alone during the quarantine, and speaking as a trans woman who doesn't feel safe being out around most of my family, I am loving sick of my transphobic Dad.

Apparently there's a conspiracy against Alex Salmond, orchestrated by trans-inclusive feminists from Stirling University, in favour of Nicola Sturgeon. Something about how the trans rights activists infiltrated the SNP, even though they clearly don't care about Scottish independence, and they're destroying it from the inside. Salmond's accuser is now married to Angus Robertson, and there's a cabal against good pro-Salmond folks like Joanna Cherry. Also, apparently trans women are men unless they don't have dicks anymore.

It's loving Infowars conspiracy theory bullshit and I'm loving sick of it. Apparently Dad's been pissed off at the SNP since Sturgeon pushed Michelle Thomson under the bus for doing something that's a mainstay of any Channel 4 daytime property flipping show. But oh, I'm the brainwashed one for calling Joanna Cherry a TERF, since I care about an issue that apparently only 1-2% of people care about.

loving hell, this plague can't be over soon enough.

I know that if I was a secret agent trans rights infiltrator, my priority would be making up fake sexual assault accusations against a man who is no longer in any position of leadership within the party and has expressed no desire to return. Yup makes perfect sense.

(Sorry about your rear end in a top hat dad)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

https://twitter.com/norbertelekes/status/1247262151271682054?s=21

Hahahahaha ha looks like Bojo will soon be No Mo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

i reckon they'd be frightened for about 2ish days and then they'd all start wondering whose gonna be PM next and get the knives out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Bojo's chances are so-so.