Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/JonathanTurley/status/1247182354755604487

Imagine bragging that you don't know what chicken tikka is.

What I see here is a list of good food normal people usually need a restaurant to prepare because they can't do it themselves. I have made real crab rangoon before and it is a fun and simple process right up to the part were I had to fry it. Also outside of an indian family who the hell has the spices on hand to make a decent loving indian dish during a lockdown.

gently caress if you have never had tikka masala you are missing out in a big way. The best thing about this modern era is so many great food dishes from across the world are were accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

actionjackson posted:

huh? that says ~14k positive out of ~77k

1337 new cases on 4497 tests

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

What I see here is a list of good food normal people usually need a restaurant to prepare because they can't do it themselves. I have made real crab rangoon before and it is a fun and simple process right up to the part were I had to fry it. Also outside of an indian family who the hell has the spices on hand to make a decent loving indian dish during a lockdown.

gently caress if you have never had tikka masala you are missing out in a big way. The best thing about this modern era is so many great food dishes from across the world are were accessible.

lol if your local grocery doesn’t have whole spices that you grind yourself and combine through alchemical proportions to make some masala

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Consummate Professional posted:

that's the good freep, not the bad one

ehhh, not as bad freep. Detroit Free Press ain't that good.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

mod sassinator posted:

i am extremely looking forward to whatever pomp and nonsense england has in store for a prime minister's funeral. i'm sure it will be full of all kinds of archaic royal nonsense and flair like the royal weddings. maybe something dumb like the queen takes a drink from the royal chalice, swishes it around and then spits it into the mouth of all the cabinet members who take turns doing the same all down the line until the last person stands up and blows the royal backwash out of their mouth to the masses of people gathered below. big ben will strike exactly six and a half times and they'll all cheer for the life of boris. everyone will wear green vests with pink shoes and we'll learn this ritual is called 'snarfling the garffle' and has been a practice since the 1600s. people all over england will crowd into pubs to cry out 'my god, it was the most beautiful snarffle i've ever seen'

loving monarchies lol

Yeah but imagine this with mandatory social distancing rules keeping everyone 6 feet part, and no crowd whatsoever surrounding the funeral procession because everyone will be locked inside their houses

Mr_Peaches
May 8, 2016
Hee hee hee. I work at a grocery store in Washington. The store snapped up the new labor freed up by the layoffs and now everyone's getting 14-20 hours per week, if that. We're told "the store is losing money" so that's why hours are down.

I'm employed, and won't make May's rent. I'm already behind on all my other bills. I can't quit because I won't get unemployment. I'm looking for a new job / side gig during a pandemic, where jobs are way down and job-seekers are way up. The alleged Trumpbux are a drop in the bucket as everyone knows, assuming they ever actually show up at all.

The actual best economic move right now for me... would be to catch Coronavirus. You see, the store is offering "two weeks of overtime pay" to anyone who gets sick. Assuming they're basing that on 40 hour weeks (and not two 14 hour weeks as I imagine lol), that'd give me a shot at surviving another month. And I'm a fat asthmatic so there's a good chance covid would kill me, which is also an upside.

Just sitting here giggling at the fact that diving in front of a cough is my best bet at making it through another month.

Hee hee hee.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

OrthoTrot posted:

Bojo dying would make it almost impossible to get any recognition of the tories mishandling of covid. Before you all get too excited think whether this actually helps politically.

if he survives he'll get to talk about how he personally faced covid so were all in this together

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

those are all dishes you can get at a lovely suburban mall food court or a walmart frozen section. fox grifter dude is just too out of touch to pander correctly to what he imagines his slovenly uncultured reader to be

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Lol I just got offered a 10 week contract (5 weeks on, break week in between each work week) that I don't think I can refuse because the money is so good.

Luckily we are camping in the wildreness in Utah so I think I wont die or get the Roni.

Telsa Cola has issued a correction as of 22:39 on Apr 6, 2020

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

twoday posted:

Yeah but imagine this with mandatory social distancing rules keeping everyone 6 feet part, and no crowd whatsoever surrounding the funeral procession because everyone will be locked inside their houses

it’s gonna be an awesome spectacle like the funeral of howard moon

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Chicken tikka masala, an exotic food for hipsters.

fuckn

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Frog Act posted:

things have previously been great but this is a very good point, like, this is something I never imagine could be an issue and is of such profound existential importance I’m really questioning everything right now

We'll look, 99% of relationship problems boil down to communication issues of one kind or another. Odds are some other feelings she hasn't otherwise expressed or doesn't feel are being addressed are being hauled into the Covid conversation and she might not even be aware of it. Try to be empathetic and keep in mind that she's also probably not as blackpilled as your standard c-spam poster w/r/t the severity of the current situation. That isn't to say you should pathologize her in your convo (you'll just look like a condescending dick), nor that you should back down from your position, you should absolutely stand firm. Just try to keep empathy and understanding on the forefront as you're talking with her to beat back your anger and frustration.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mr_Peaches posted:

Hee hee hee. I work at a grocery store in Washington. The store snapped up the new labor freed up by the layoffs and now everyone's getting 14-20 hours per week, if that. We're told "the store is losing money" so that's why hours are down.

I'm employed, and won't make May's rent. I'm already behind on all my other bills. I can't quit because I won't get unemployment. I'm looking for a new job / side gig during a pandemic, where jobs are way down and job-seekers are way up. The alleged Trumpbux are a drop in the bucket as everyone knows, assuming they ever actually show up at all.

The actual best economic move right now for me... would be to catch Coronavirus. You see, the store is offering "two weeks of overtime pay" to anyone who gets sick. Assuming they're basing that on 40 hour weeks (and not two 14 hour weeks as I imagine lol), that'd give me a shot at surviving another month. And I'm a fat asthmatic so there's a good chance covid would kill me, which is also an upside.

Just sitting here giggling at the fact that diving in front of a cough is my best bet at making it through another month.

Hee hee hee.

Lol "we're losing money!" when grocery retail business is growing like a weed

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Very jealous of the UK and their chud king drowning in lung puss. Why can't the US have nice things? :smith:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This Medium piece of magical thinking is picking up steam with multiple boomers and X’ers I know. Any good rebuttals?

https://medium.com/the-mission/why-coronavirus-should-be-the-least-of-your-worries-d6ed6abe75bc

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3hEfwmzgDI

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Taking relationship advice from the Something Awful Forums C-SPAM Subforum [COVID-19 April] LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! Thread

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark is opening daycares and schools (up to 5th grade) in a week.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

D1E posted:

Taking relationship advice from the Something Awful Forums C-SPAM Subforum [COVID-19 April] LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL! Thread

:sever: *cough*

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I'd kill for some chicken tikka masala or some sushi right now. We've been in self quarantine for 3 weeks now due to having high risk family members. Stopped doing delivery food as well.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Innocuous posted:

make big ben bong for bojo burial

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

it’s us

we were the bad guys all along

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Innocuous posted:

make big ben bong for bojo burial

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/JonathanTurley/status/1247182354755604487

Imagine bragging that you don't know what chicken tikka is.

Johnathan Turley might be one of the most infuriating men alive

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

This Medium piece of magical thinking is picking up steam with multiple boomers and X’ers I know. Any good rebuttals?

https://medium.com/the-mission/why-coronavirus-should-be-the-least-of-your-worries-d6ed6abe75bc

this guy is a lifecoach that got his degree from a diploma mill

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

what is happening

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Thank you

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1188884270691037185?s=19

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Mr_Peaches posted:

Hee hee hee.

that sucks dude!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
So Boris will reappear in public next week, hale and healthy, with a new set of organs from one of the orphan-farms, right?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Frosted Flake posted:

I mean, sure, stay positive, but that doesn't replace social distancing and proper hygiene.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

"you're a loving moron and dangerous to listen to"

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

new kind of cat posted:

lol if your local grocery doesn’t have whole spices that you grind yourself and combine through alchemical proportions to make some masala

Just googled a Recipe.

quote:

Ingredients

for 5 servings

Chicken Marinade

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons paprika

Sauce

3 tablespoons oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons minced ginger
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 tablespoon tomato puree
3 ½ cups tomato sauce
1 ¼ cups water
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
cooked rice, for serving
naan bread, for serving
I got the Salt, Onion, Oil, Rice and Water on hand. I keep a super special Ms Dash and Garlic Powder and Herb spice as my go to everything cooking. Once I had a whole shaker of taco seasoning and thought it was a luxury. Before I google it myself I don't know what garam masala is.

Edit: After Google. a hot spice mixture, usually of ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and pepper, used in Indian cooking. Now I need to know what cardamom is.

Drinkfist has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Apr 6, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ruggan posted:

it’s us

we were the bad guys all along

this is liberal talk

the people who work to sustain and defend the existing order of things are the bad guys

the rest of us are hapless suckers, doing our best to survive and where possible, stand against it all

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

point out that the author is selling an ebook at the end

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i think world leaders contracting it and passing away from it is probably going to be the shock to the system necessary to actually muster the necessary political and administrative will to get through this

the people we've put in charge won't respond to anything else.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

there's an excellent book called "Lincoln in the bardo" where this is kind of a part of the plot. Dead people hanging out in their "sick boxes"

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RandomBlue posted:

I'd kill for some chicken tikka masala or some sushi right now. We've been in self quarantine for 3 weeks now due to having high risk family members. Stopped doing delivery food as well.

Same, it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

old beast lunatic posted:

Very jealous of the UK and their chud king drowning in lung puss. Why can't the US have nice things? :smith:

he's not wrong, stress does weaken your immune system and feeling grateful does help your mood

but just tell your dumb relatives that (kinky) sex, alcohol, and weed make you feel a lot loving better