Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Paradoxish posted:

loving lol

the us healthcare system is going to collapse from itself

The idea that you pay the emergency expenses of a necessary public institution when it needs more money because thats the cost of society is not an american idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paradoxish posted:

loving lol

the us healthcare system is going to collapse from itself

The entire US health system is based on around trying to extract as much money as possible from simple tests and procedures that it cant afford to actually have to treat lots of sick people. More and more hospitals are being bought up by large hedgefund owned chains, that consolidate services to reduce "duplication" and "overhead" by firing people, shutting down unprofitable departments, and loving over nurses, doctors, and other workers.

Just like everything else in this rotten loving country

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Millions will die, millions more will mourn or go bankrupt, but traffic is a whole lot better so it’s impossible to say if the roni is good or bad

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

So bidets are a thing and have been forever but what about the smart toilet

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1247274086297788416

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

pancake rabbit posted:

i'm sorry mr steak-umms this is a chik-fil-a drive thru

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247343900475490304
(thread)

wouldn’t mind some kind of steakums based cheeser rn

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my profit-driven healthcare works great unless somehow everyone gets sick at once and also loses their jobs and health insurance and can't pay me, but what are the odds of that ever happening?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spoondick posted:

my profit-driven healthcare works great unless somehow everyone gets sick at once and also loses their jobs and health insurance and can't pay me, but what are the odds of that ever happening?

https://twitter.com/PeterXinping/status/1247287978642169856?s=19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

repubs are gonna say they agree about climate change but coronavirus has shown us that the solution is that we need to kill a few million people and suddenly there won’t be kids in cages at the border anymore.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
has this thing from the "swiss propaganda research" group come up here? it's got a bunch of things saying covid's basically a bad cold and the world is overreacting because of bad data

i'm immediately skeptical, but i'm really not trained or knowledgeable enough to evaluate it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Are steak umms those frozen thin meat things that cook in like 30 sec? those own

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

redleader posted:

has this thing from the "swiss propaganda research" group come up here? it's got a bunch of things saying covid's basically a bad cold and the world is overreacting because of bad data

i'm immediately skeptical, but i'm really not trained or knowledgeable enough to evaluate it

running out of places to keep the dead is good data

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

redleader posted:

Was this post lost in a time vortex from January? How are people still going on with "Its just a cold, bro"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

redleader posted:

Bodies are self reporting

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Fatter, unhealthier and less productive
A pig in a cage on antibiotics and hydroxychloroquine

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:hai:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

https://twitter.com/byPatPoblete/status/1247354041878921218

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

900 layoffs for healthcare workers in sc :patriot:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

cool as hell

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He asked forgiveness, thats a death sentence in the administration

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
My wife really loves demon slayer tho

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

wondering if, when the alchemist offered to teach me one or the other, i should have gone for the panacea against all ailments and distempers, instead of the dry rub spice blend

The secret correct answer was :ssh: the all-bean perfect seasoning

You, sir, have been had!

Starks posted:

but why would suppressing the numbers serve the state interest? once the horse was out of the barn door it was not in China’s interest to have the entire world shut down.

Face culture to leverage competency as leadership and value of authority.

Or crab mentality; no sense in being the only country to suffer a debilitating pandemic.

Oooooor they undercounted because it was an emergency and you can't micromanage an emergency to perfection and the only real evidence will be during cleanup/noticeable changes in correlated data with causal consequences.

redleader posted:

Is that one of the "Good Swiss" or one of the "nazi Swiss"?

Looks like the "nazi Swiss"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

just a spectacular display of ineptitude and cowardice

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

pancake rabbit posted:

i'm sorry mr steak-umms this is a chik-fil-a drive thru

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/1247343900475490304
(thread)

Death and fear hang like a pall over the entire world. The sick cry out through flooded lungs for one thing, and one thing only - brand engagement

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

redleader posted:

Hospitals getting overrun in NYC and Italy seems to refute that out of hand.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmMRSTUeAs

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

why not dump the bodies in the sea, osama-style? let's put those vtol f-35s to use.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

human garbage bag posted:

why not dump the bodies in the sea, osama-style? let's put those vtol f-35s to use.

if we are gonna listen to anyone about where to put bodies it should be something awful poster human garbage bag

also what does temporarily mean? are they gonna dig the bodies up later?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

just store the caskets in aircraft carriers and when the dead rise we will already be ahead of the game with our ships of the damned

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nocturtle posted:

Hospitals getting overrun in NYC and Italy seems to refute that out of hand.

If you can't trust the propaganda group then you can you trust?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

maybe we can get the navy seals to help dispose of corpses by letting them practice throwing people out of a helicopter over the ocean

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zyme posted:

is this what a butt looks like from underneath? i am skeptical. not enough crack

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Taco Duck posted:

Nothing good about cats. Put them back in Bulgaria or wherever they come from

tiny predators who're going to go into space with us despite correctly holding us in contempt own

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

if your butt looks like this you need to see a doctor

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Bbc explicitly reporting that bojo is neither intubated nor on mechanical ventilation

Edit: and conscious

less than 24 hours ago they were saying he'd been admitted to the hospital for "routine testing"

it's the bbc, they're lying

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:chloe:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Now that the talk to the ship from the navy brass about the ships captain getting fired for leaking the letter to the brass about how they're going to kill everyone on board if they don't do something has been leaked the brass are mad at that, which has been leaked. Hope you're following along carefully because this is going to get crazy.

https://twitter.com/JournoGeoffZ/status/1247320338070814726

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

uncurable mlady posted:

if your butt looks like this you need to see a doctor

🍑

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Relevant Tangent posted:

just a spectacular display of ineptitude and cowardice

trömp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cats rule and don’t transmit COVID to humans. Hold them in your lap and kiss their heads until they get mad at you.