Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Repeater ammo is also quite expensive AND requires a Desert Mule potion to make. When we were getting into fights, we would use the repeaters to attack the wings and the deck and then board on foot to save our ammunition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
in what world do you not have multiple chests full of stone and woodshafts already at this point for darts? if you're even average at pvp you should have a bank walker with 50+ chests in it

we burn like 1000 darts a fight just melting everything on their deck and we smoke groups that have double our numbers because of the repeaters, poo poo's so broke

everyone else is starting to use it now so we literally just use the repeaters to remove their repeaters and destroy them, the fact you can respawn and instantly hop into it and start shredding people is a little broke

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The world in which we don't load up our fighting walkers with thousands of resources to lose and don't flee back to restock after a single fight.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
most 'fights' don't even require you to waste darts even though, for every fight we get we run into 5 joe schmos who just donates hundreds of resources to us

darts have never been a problem, the only issue has been fire darts

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
We're on EU and it's a bit emptier but basically yeah. If 500 darts per fight or so is more than you can afford, I don't know what to say. You can gather that without stealing it from others even, though taking it from people is more effective. Our bottleneck has been fire arrows, and I have no idea how the loving chinese got like 100 of them to burn our whole hex down lmao. Good thing they're bad at everything else.

Also, fast grappling hook is insane. Get one ASAP, you will never ever die anymore.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Swayze and I got sent to intercept a fleeing walker, so we did and it ended up falling off a cliff into an oasis. Then another walker came to help them and we fought outnumbered for like 5 mins against shitloads of them. Sure we had better gear and weapons but god drat it was fun:

https://streamable.com/j0zxj9

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Autoturrets are a hilariously bad idea. You should find a watering hole with a narrow passage and line the sides with them, tower defense style.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The best weapon is a packed monkey turret, you just need a lot of rupu pelts

Seriously, just harpoon and slam it down, it fucks

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

a group of 20+ attacked our 5 pvers and massacred them and plopped down one of those rupu things, our respawners wasted all of it's ammo over 5-10 minutes and then we (the pvp chad group) rolled in 10 deep screaming in voice chat playing aggressively and absolutely wiped the floor with them.

i'm so cocky in combat now, we've wiped team after team after team even when they out gear and out number us, it's gonna lead to a rude awakening later

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

:siren: A ne'er-do-well had given some of our citizens some trouble and made off on their walker, luckily officers Burt and Swayze were onhand in their Copwalker to put a stop to the perp: :siren:

https://streamable.com/25ll2d

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 7, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

everyone knows the repeater meta now, it's so loving boring, everyone is just spamming repeaters at each other and whoever has more ammo wins

game sucks

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
glad it's fun, you guys deserve it

valve removed the manual filter for this game on the steam store yesterday and it seems like things are working out

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

to be fair, if you use steam reviews to dictate whether or not you buy a game you aren't adding to any open world environment

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the filter was related to advertising, it was not related in any way to reviews

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

my comment also applies to the game media and corporate reviewers.

this game is amazing with a couple of things that could be changed to make it better, so far we've only lost 1 fight on the first day and ever since it's been a string of victories.

the game is either easy or we're all just running up against shitters

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

to be fair, if you use steam reviews to dictate whether or not you buy a game you aren't adding to any open world environment

this might be your dumbest post yet

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

my comment also applies to the game media and corporate reviewers.

this game is amazing with a couple of things that could be changed to make it better, so far we've only lost 1 fight on the first day and ever since it's been a string of victories.

the game is either easy or we're all just running up against shitters

Do you have multiple personalities or something? You go back and forth between the game being poo poo and being amazing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

Do you have multiple personalities or something? You go back and forth between the game being poo poo and being amazing.

game good, has issues that completely ruin the game balance

you can spawn 100 feet from your walker at no cost, which means if you're a zerg you can literally just constantly swarm a small group naked and no matter how good they are they literally cannot deal with it

at the small scale, repeaters are incredibly oppressive and small group fights turn into repeater vs repeater where whoever has more ammo wins

there are aimbotting npcs that oneshot people

basically, i can dominate everyone right nowbut i can see the inevitable meta development where it's repeater vs repeater and random zergs with 2 dinghies and 50 nakeds (or beat sticks) running around rushing people over and over again

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So would this issue be solved if people spawned much farther away if they don't have stored water?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So would this issue be solved if people spawned much farther away if they don't have stored water?

disallow people to spawn near walkers period if they don't have water. allow them to randomly spawn on that oasis.

that would fix the zerging of nakeds + constant annoyance of nakeds loving with your raid after you've smoked them.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

How are you beating people when you spawn naked, no matter your numbers? You can't block with fists, they should be able to just mow you down.

Edit: nm, probably jumping on repeaters

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also they can just pick up a weapon from a chest, or one off the ground, and because there are 50 of them (if it's a zerg) you can't possible cover them all, or nearly even any of them really

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

game good, has issues that completely ruin the game balance

you can spawn 100 feet from your walker at no cost, which means if you're a zerg you can literally just constantly swarm a small group naked and no matter how good they are they literally cannot deal with it

Untrue, you deal with it by having armor so they deal 0 damage and (VERY IMPORTANT) denying weapons

The #1 thing you do when you are in a fight and there's a lull is either scooping up weapons, or dropping them from a corpse onto the floor so they despawn after some time

We literally killed an entire zerg with 4 people and got hundreds of kills between us with this strat, don't @ me

If you can't deny weapons get good or get more people

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I see the time honored tradition of blaming all of the open loot pvp game's problems on the Chinese players has begun on all the public boards.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You don't have to deny weapons if you're good at combat. It's a good crutch in the meantime tho

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Hey, good-combat-goon, explain attack speed while you're here please. Is a bigger number better? Is there a meaningful difference between one and two handed? I geniunely want to know cause my 120 speed 2h maul feels slower than the 110 speed beatstick.

Btw, the spider can go up 90 degree walls if there's a curve at the bottom. It even climbs the canyon walls at the water holes, just occasionally tap sprint for momentum. I didn't try this before the bone upgrade and can't guaranty the default version has enough power. Still, it's super useful for getting around.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 7, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

NaanViolence posted:

You don't have to deny weapons if you're good at combat. It's a good crutch in the meantime tho

you're not good enough at combat to eschew denying weapons

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Doesn't matter how good you are at combat tbh. If you're outnumbered and don't deny weapons, you're eventually gonna get overwhelmed.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Could you used to be able to make new characters for different regions? kinda want to play with someone on the EU servers

Comrayn posted:

I see the time honored tradition of blaming all of the open loot pvp game's problems on the Chinese players has begun on all the public boards.

it's a bit confusing because you can just travel to a different oasis if a group is constantly ganking everything

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 7, 2020

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Hard zones are coming right about this hour, pending server reset. And then some of the existing oases will slowly be replaced by hard ones.

Other notable changes: Animal harvesting fixed, rupu slings can no longer be packed, and the kill feed will only show clan kills.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 7, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

we have sat fighting a 50 man zerg for an hour slowly dying, outnumbered 4:1 and slowly lose because we can't deny weapons when they can sit 4 people per individual, and when we slowly kill them they just spawn back naked and open a chest that has 80 rawbone axes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

like i have a fight recorded where we easily got 50+ kills but like it doesn't matter because they can respawn 15 seconds of running away so even when we kill every single one of them once they still can easily rejoin the fight

i'm fine with numbers being an advantage, but being able to constantly spawn as a naked in the area is a trashy rear end gimmick

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

hemale in pain posted:

Could you used to be able to make new characters for different regions? kinda want to play with someone on the EU servers

You cannot. All regions are on the same world map and you can travel between the regions. All you need to do is kill yourself (ESC > Respawn), pick "Spawn in a different oasis", and then pick a new oasis further up or down the map to spawn on. Keep hopping until you find the one your friend is on. I believe the EU oases are to the south.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Nalin posted:

You cannot. All regions are on the same world map and you can travel between the regions. All you need to do is kill yourself (ESC > Respawn), pick "Spawn in a different oasis", and then pick a new oasis further up or down the map to spawn on. Keep hopping until you find the one your friend is on. I believe the EU oases are to the south.

Oh thank you, it wouldn't be worth doing that to be honest but at least i know i can now.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are there private servers for this yet? I always prefer that environment to the huge clan v clan clusterfuck games like this become. I understand this is that type of game 100%, but would rather not deal with the drama.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

Are there private servers for this yet? I always prefer that environment to the huge clan v clan clusterfuck games like this become. I understand this is that type of game 100%, but would rather not deal with the drama.

Nope no private servers.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

They plan to do private servers and even accidentally leaked the server files at one point but it ain't happening yet and I think that fact is really helping the game's social media presence

I hate using Atlas as an example but at this point in that game's life even this early most of the big streamers were solidly unofficial-only and that hurt the official servers quite a bit

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

unofficial and "PVE" servers are dumb, just make the game not suck lmao

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Pretty sure they just released a Netflix documentary about the multi thread rivalry between khad and dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I'm not here to start a fight, I'm just happy that the launch seems to be going well and people that I met in a different game are having a nice time

I just watched globby spout things that were actually factually verifiably provably false in that different game's thread for 6 months, I'm not gonna take what he says seriously in this thread or any thread. It's you other folks that I'm happy for. Play videogames and have a good time.