Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/1247500202921078785

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My apartment neighbour decided since she was in lockdown she'd hang out in the hallway and chat on her phone until 11pm when I had to raise my voice before she hosed off. People are so loving dumb. This floor alone has at least 50 units.

in general i have found that most people's idea of quarantine/social distancing just kind of blanks over & exempts the numerous times they regularly break quarantine.

like we only leave for groceries (havent in 2+ weeks), walks in a totally empty graveyard near our house... and that's about it. I think we're due for a grocery run early next week just to freshen up, and we could 100% last another week if we had to for sure.

but i talk to people and quarantine includes: going to their family's second house on cape cod (and back), running out to the liquor store, a few trips to CVS "for snacks," this morning there were 2 guys working without masks raking leaves on town property right behind my house.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My apartment neighbour decided since she was in lockdown she'd hang out in the hallway and chat on her phone until 11pm when I had to raise my voice before she hosed off. People are so loving dumb. This floor alone has at least 50 units.

live up to your username OP, show her you mean business

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

facetoucher cat posted:

Humans are stupid and cruel AF and instead of seeing their pets as part of the family some will just see them as disposable and turn them loose outside and we get the issue with them killing birds or being turned into speedbumps on the highway or they'll stick them into kill shelters.

I hate these people. I would goddamn die for my cats.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lpzie posted:

why don't we back our money with corpses?

fosborb posted:

Boeing is already on the Dow

this absolutely savage post did not get enough recognition

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

don't the Brits have this insane procedure where there's a locked letter from the Queen or some poo poo inside every nuclear-missile submarine that the captains are supposed to read out aloud just before launching the retaliatory strike that will end mankind?

i heard its a vhs tape of the episode of only fools and horses where delboy and rodney both fancy the same woman down the pub and they both lie and say the other one owns the 3 wheeled van

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Relevant Tangent posted:

yeah, it's got like sub-memes or whatever you'd call them the way it's used in the second one is masterful

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlyEcho/status/1246434500923588609

lol jfc that bus in the first place

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

gradenko_2000 posted:

SAME my cat is my best friend in the whole wide world

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It is not a real bus

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Why is always these people? maybe god do exist and hate religious people.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Loving these silver linings lately

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

It is not a real bus

neither are you >:[

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Thoguh posted:

I think it's down to 5, but yes. This election is wholly illegitimate.

also genius plan funneling all of the disease vectors into even less sites to ensure maximum exposure

third person in line coughs on a touch screen and every idiot after them that rubs their eye or picks their nose has it

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Owned.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

charity rereg posted:

in general i have found that most people's idea of quarantine/social distancing just kind of blanks over & exempts the numerous times they regularly break quarantine.

like we only leave for groceries (havent in 2+ weeks), walks in a totally empty graveyard near our house... and that's about it. I think we're due for a grocery run early next week just to freshen up, and we could 100% last another week if we had to for sure.

but i talk to people and quarantine includes: going to their family's second house on cape cod (and back), running out to the liquor store, a few trips to CVS "for snacks," this morning there were 2 guys working without masks raking leaves on town property right behind my house.

My girlfriend works with a lady who has a lot of risk factors if she got COVID - overweight, smokes, etc. She keeps telling everyone how she's going to go do all these social things and my gf has to tell her to not be a dumbass and follow the shelter in place rules (especially since they work at a vet clinic and an infected employee will essentially shut down the practice)

Last week she said she was going to leave early to go to Walmart to buy a Nintendo Switch. I was like good, maybe she can stay home and play games. No, she's buying a Switch so she can go play with her brother and other friends at a party. loving Christ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Solarin posted:

so did milwaukee really go from 177 to 3 polling places or did I make that up. if so that sound like an extremely legitimate election taking place

180 to 5

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah cats rule

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

charity rereg posted:

Yeah I have asthma and high blood pressure and am a bit fat (6'1 230) so I haven't left my house for weeks except to get groceries, and the grocery store is in the base of my building. Then this idiot decides to hang out outside my door yapping away. Like even in normal times who hangs out in an apartment hallway?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tei posted:

Why is always these people? maybe god do exist and hate religious people.

the only time Jesus ever got violent was beating up people who tried to make money off religion

he’d be a mass shooter in today’s time

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Thoguh posted:

A county near me has 170 cases. 70 of them are in a single nursing home among residents and staff.

I am very sure the number of register voters could easily vote in the time allotted in the two dozen booths

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Truly, the peak of health.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/freakatrice/status/1247280195201007617

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

boris answer my texts

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

and one of the judges that ruled against postponing the election is on the ballot for reelection? I get that part right?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

gotta say i do not understand curfews in a pandemic situation

the goal is to spread everybody out right? how does restricting people to certain hours for certain activities do anything but increase density during those specific hours? you really want the people who do everything at odd hours to keep doing that, not force them to shift their activity to match everyone else

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Jazerus posted:

the goal is to spread everybody out right? how does restricting people to certain hours for certain activities do anything but increase density during those specific hours?

lots of people have no choice but to be out during the day: essential workers, healthcare workers, people with non-covid healthcare needs, et. you do not have to be out to exercise. The people who have no choice get right of way. Seems pretty clear, I don't know why people are still treating this like any of it is supposed to be fair or fun, it's a horrible global pandemic.

If you are stuck at home anyway sorry you will have to go for a walk or jog in the evening, it's not like time matters to you or you need to be up for work?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

"why are you guys being so antisemitic?!?"
-bloodlust police

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Jazerus posted:

the goal is to spread everybody out right? how does restricting people to certain hours for certain activities do anything but increase density during those specific hours? you really want the people who do everything at odd hours to keep doing that, not force them to shift their activity to match everyone else

lol, they don’t care

smoke weed evryday

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm thinking that's the case. Fewer people will be able to go outside at night and during the day people are sequestered for work/inside. This is going to create some bitter individuals

it's really weird especially because middle work hours is when streets are pretty empty at least here. morning and afternoon is people moving from/to work. if a person can go out to run at 2pm and catch some sun it's healthier and better than going outside at 10pm for the same reason. it's really weird

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

maybe he should've been less gay

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

very disappointed to wake up and discover both bojo and i are still alive

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

dear mr postman

you could have hosed her

she gave you all the clues

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
With those hours only the diehards that already went running or riding before or after work are going to get out. The rest of you can just stay fat.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

charity rereg posted:

lots of people have no choice but to be out during the day: essential workers, healthcare workers, people with non-covid healthcare needs, et. you do not have to be out to exercise. The people who have no choice get right of way. Seems pretty clear, I don't know why people are still treating this like any of it is supposed to be fair or fun, it's a horrible global pandemic.

If you are stuck at home anyway sorry you will have to go for a walk or jog in the evening, it's not like time matters to you or you need to be up for work?

cool, keep being condescending and i'm sure you will make many posting pals

the paris thing does make more sense than the jurisdictions that have implemented traditional curfews, i.e. no movement at night

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

charity rereg posted:

yeah, I've spoken with people that think it's totally okay to just make a quick run to the store for a few odds and ends at home depot to work on their home improvement project and while they're at it stop at a fast food restaurant and maybe then get something at a grocery store's hot bar and then they'll need gas at the gas station and maybe they'll pick up some beer

I'm sitting at home like... you're going to kill your entire family

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking/status/1247494994648338432

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

charity rereg posted:

people don't go running in places where healthcare workers, essential workers, or grocery shoppers are. however, the sun is a disinfectant and necessary for mental health - making people who would social distance anyway do things outside the hours when there is sun seems like faulty logic.

I agree with you that essential workers etc. should get right of way, but this isn't the case here

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

he's receiving oxygen but is not on a ventilator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Thoguh posted:

I think it's down to 5, but yes. This election is wholly illegitimate.
https://twitter.com/melbournecoal/status/1247306875114315779
actually, losing the wisconsin primary (which is such an entirely normal election that our article will make no reference to anything being unusual about it) tonight will be the final nail in the coffin of bernard sanders's failed campaign - the nyt