Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hoot hoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

minimum wage - MAXIMUM DEATH

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

dex_sda posted:

the point is that in the sun you are unlikely to leave any long-lasting residue that could carry disease, making it basically impossible to spread the disease if you distance during your walk. this might not be true if you take a running trail at night.

dude the reason why china was hosing everything down in cleaner was because it lasts loving forever on poo poo even in sunlight, the united states is so hosed lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

none of the descriptions say anything about weed, so none of them

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
cool cool my coworker who is a nurse and her husband a still-working EMT is texting me pictures of the above ground pool & fire pit they had installed this week at their house

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1247517264095653890?s=19

care to guess the demographics of manhattan beach vs nearby communities?

Lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Victory Position posted:

none of the descriptions say anything about weed, so none of them

You seen the size of an owls pupils?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

Turns out that Corona-Chan works with vampire rules.

OBFUSCATION

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJT53GMoEg

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

dude the reason why china was hosing everything down in cleaner was because it lasts loving forever on poo poo even in sunlight, the united states is so hosed lmao

Yeah that's a good point. Sorry for spreading myths based on faulty information!

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Bower bird here.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
how long could u survive off multivitamins and cup noodles, also an unlimited source of drinkable water??

indefinitely right?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I'm the house chicken, too afraid to go anywhere

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Wren-ing it up and feelin fab *hic*

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bring back old gbs posted:

how long could u survive off multivitamins and cup noodles, also an unlimited source of drinkable water??

indefinitely right?

Incomplete amino acid profile. Malnutrition within months would negatively impact your quality of life and eventually lead to health complications

But you wouldn't die immediately

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Venom Snake posted:

what is a smart protocol? wipe everything down with soap, leave it in a uv light box for an afternoon.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

indefinitely right?

Add lentils, which are easier to cook than the noodles if you have a rice cooker, to that to complete the protein and you're good excepting how you'll want to die within 2 weeks

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

indefinitely right?

one of by high school buddies had a roommate in college who ate nothing but ramen and developed scurvy

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

im a Fairy Owl

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Add lentils, which are easier to cook than the noodles if you have a rice cooker, to that to complete the protein and you're good excepting how you'll want to die within 2 weeks

or switch to the better grain, quinoa

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

that was mostly for optics, nobody is getting the virus from the ground

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Spoondick posted:

one of by high school buddies had a roommate in college who ate nothing but ramen and developed scurvy

The multivitamin would probably prevent that

Wouldn't do much to prevent the atrophy of your muscles and alopecia though

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

rump buttman posted:

what is a smart protocol? wipe everything down with soap, leave it in a uv light box for an afternoon.

for your own personal home just keep it clean and yeah wipe stuff down, but public places need the guys in suits with the big scary cleaner sprayers because public places have hundreds of thousands of people getting their ick everywhere

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah you'd definitely last way longer than someone with no food, who could maybe make it a week to ten days, so you've got that going for you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1247521523864305664?s=20

At least the number of deaths attributed to heart attacks is down. I was really worried about catching a heart attack from someone contagious and having my body thrown into the back of a refrigerated truck, which our hospitals have at the end of every flu season.

https://twitter.com/ChetLaremy/status/1247521923900362752?s=19

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

that was mostly for optics, nobody is getting the virus from the ground

no but they do get it from touching things you regularly touch on public infrastructure.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

dex_sda posted:

Half the quality at twice the price, what's not to love!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

dex_sda posted:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

indefinitely right?

yeah that makes you immortal iirc

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

I prefer the dancing ferret.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah you'd definitely last way longer than someone with no food, who could maybe make it a week to ten days, so you've got that going for you.

you can go way longer than that without food if you have water, especially if you have some fat and vitamins. 3-4 weeks without food would be my guess, though it would be miserable.

it was under a doctor's care but didn't some guy eat nothing or almost nothing for months & lived off of his fat store + nutritional supplements from the Dr?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

The multivitamin would probably prevent that

Wouldn't do much to prevent the atrophy of your muscles and alopecia though

i mean most multivitamins are pretty poo poo too, you need something legit from a pharmacy to have it absorb well

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That rules!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Half the quality at twice the price, what's not to love!

im not a quinoa fan either

couscous and taboule are much better grains

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

couscous kinda sucks

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

dex_sda posted:

couscous kinda sucks

its a bit on the dry side

e: great in dolmathakia (stuffed grape leaf)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

lime juice is a nice addition to ramen and it prevents the scurvy

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

dex_sda posted:

i mean most multivitamins are pretty poo poo too, you need something legit from a pharmacy to have it absorb well

the ones i got from the grocery store a million years ago are almost out, what kind do you recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rump buttman posted:

I have a detached garage, and I leave everything that's not perishable in it for 3 days. I have a big set of restaurant stickers that I tag everything with so I know when I brought it home