Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah be prepared to ask that question a fair bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

As someone who has never played any pinball simulator, except years ago when I tried that open source one, FX3 surprised me with its level of realism. It feels a lot closer to a real table compared to most video game pinballs.

It's fun but goddamn am I bad at pinball

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
If you sign up for a paradox account then you can get the Old Gods DLC for CK2 for free.
No idea whether that's even worth anything or not...

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

~Coxy posted:

If you sign up for a paradox account then you can get the Old Gods DLC for CK2 for free.
No idea whether that's even worth anything or not...

It’s a like $15-20 DLC and it’s one of the goon approved top tier DLCs for CK2. I got it free that way months ago so that deal must be perpetual.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 6, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Old Gods DLC is good and necessary. It lets you pillage Rome then sacrifice the Pope to Odin.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

From Orbit is currently pay-what-you-want on itch.io. In the eight months since it's release it's had a whole four reviews on Steam, but maybe it's a hidden gem?

E: If you give them some money, they'll give you a Steam key.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

IndieGala has two new free games in their showcase - Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages and Stalingrad. They're both older games, but I think they were pretty well-reviewed.

For anyone with Amazon Prime, this month's Twitch Prime "freebies" are out: Earthlock, Kathy Rain, Turok, Etherborn, and Lightmatter

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Ring runner was okay, but didn't grab me. Could be worth jumping back into I guess.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 6, 2020

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Stickman posted:

IndieGala has two new free games in their showcase - Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages and Stalingrad. They're both older games, but I think they were pretty well-reviewed.

For anyone with Amazon Prime, this month's Twitch Prime "freebies" are out: Earthlock, Kathy Rain, Turok, Etherborn, and Lightmatter

Got Etherborn from the Humble Trove. It's a decent, short 3D puzzle-platformer with nice art direction. The story is nonsensical, pretentious bullshit, but it's easy to ignore, at least.

Played the demo of Lightmatter. a bit rough around the edges but seemed promising as first-person puzzle games go

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone have some suggestions for online asynchronous multiplayer games? With lots of friends and family working from home we have pockets of free time throughout the day, but not nessecarily everyone free at the same time.

What really seems like it would fit the bill are the action limited per day browser games that were really popular a few years ago many were Diplomacy like game systems, and I remember some french one that was like a turn based Space Station 13. I haven't played any in a long time so I'm kind of out of the loop on those. There was an old zombie survival one that was popular with goons for a while too I think.

So far I've collected up Galaxy Trucker, Age of Conquest, Subterfuge and Neptunes Pride. PC/Steam, paid, browser, free, paid, IOS ect. whatever we are open to any good ideas.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

There's always Scrabble clones :shobon:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

Anyone have some suggestions for online asynchronous multiplayer games? With lots of friends and family working from home we have pockets of free time throughout the day, but not nessecarily everyone free at the same time.

What really seems like it would fit the bill are the action limited per day browser games that were really popular a few years ago many were Diplomacy like game systems, and I remember some french one that was like a turn based Space Station 13. I haven't played any in a long time so I'm kind of out of the loop on those. There was an old zombie survival one that was popular with goons for a while too I think.

So far I've collected up Galaxy Trucker, Age of Conquest, Subterfuge and Neptunes Pride. PC/Steam, paid, browser, free, paid, IOS ect. whatever we are open to any good ideas.

I've been playing Ticket to Ride on steam with my wife and her sister. We do it real time with video chat but I believe it has asynchronous play as well. If you want a ridiculously complex strategy game then you can try Dominions 5 or any of the previous ones.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Captain Beans posted:

Anyone have some suggestions for online asynchronous multiplayer games?

webDiplomacy requires an account, but it’s my favorite site to play Diplomacy and is easy to use for new players. You’ll just have to use an invite code to prevent randoms from joining. Also it might destroy all your relationships.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lutha Mahtin posted:

There's always Scrabble clones :shobon:

Scrabble is great for this but unfortunately people cheat like absolute mofos on it.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

Through the Ages has a fantastic app (with a good tutorial) and is set up for asynchronous play.

(https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/182028/through-ages-new-story-civilization)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Close to the Sun and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments are free on EGS this week

Next week will be Just Cause 4 and Wheels of Aurelia

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

is the Holmes the one everyone loves, where you can solve the case and accuse people and be completely wrong?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

repiv posted:

Close to the Sun and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments are free on EGS this week

ooh, I don't think Close to the Sun was announced in advance. cool

played C&P on Steam a few months ago, it's quite good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

baka kaba posted:

is the Holmes the one everyone loves, where you can solve the case and accuse people and be completely wrong?

Yup.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hope Watson has some good facepalm animations!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah be careful or he might not have any animations at all, teleporting behind you every time your back is turned.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cadence of Hyrule, Bayonetta, and Bayonetta 2 are free on the Nintendo Store

https://store.nintendo.com/cadence-of-hyrule-crypt-of-the-necrodancer-featuring-the-legend-of-zelda.html

https://store.nintendo.com/bayonetta.html

https://store.nintendo.com/bayonetta-2-download-code.html

The site seems to be getting slammed though

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 9, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

QUOTING TO REMIND MYSELF IN THE MORNING THANK YOU

just in time too, i was looking at a second hand bayo 2 last weekend...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm guessing it's not intentional - it's not free if you check it on Switch.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Uncle Nintendo does it again!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yep lol the store's in maintenance mode now apparently

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

repiv posted:

Wheels of Aurelia is a killer aesthetic and novel setting propping up a super rudimentary and clumsy isometric driving game but it's worth at the very least checking out the faux-70s Italian soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZo1AWwmB_4

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Hot drat that's spicy.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Site is down.

What platforms are those for?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

VictualSquid posted:

Site is down.

What platforms are those for?

Cadence is only on Switch and presumably the Bayonettas are also Switch and not the WiiU version but my guess is they aren't supposed to be free and it's a fuckup

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This one's a real one, Ticket To Ride: First Journey

https://store.steampowered.com/app/600430/Ticket_to_Ride_First_Journey/

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Xbox game pass (like Netflix but for games) is in beta on PC and you can get a trial month for $1. Yeah, it's not free, but it's a lot of top tier stuff for the price.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

All 3 pages are returning a 404. Guess this was more popular than Nintendo thought it would be.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Kheldarn posted:

All 3 pages are returning a 404. Guess this was more popular than Nintendo thought it would be.

It was an error

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

Blight of the Immortals is a co-op asynchronous game that has similar basic mechincs to Neptunes Pride. Ends up a little more puzzley because each scenario plays out fairly similarly each time (because AI), but I got a fair bit out of it!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Stadia is doing a Free 2 month Pro trial

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
death throes starting early I see

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That would imply it wasn't stillborn.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

What are the nine instant access games? GRID, Destiny 2, Thumper, and... ?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

What are the nine instant access games? GRID, Destiny 2, Thumper, and... ?

GRID, Destiny 2: The Collection, Thumper, GYLT, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, and Stacks on Stacks (on Stacks)

That's all 9