Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Peak in the resident evil thread and you'll quickly see. Bonaventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The quarantine and work from home has had me gaming a lot more and playing catch-up on games.

So far:

Ori and the Blind Forest: got it on sale for 5 bucks, got an Xbox controller to play it with and really enjoyed it. Gorgeous animation, music, etc. First platform type game I've played since SOTN on the original Playstation.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: even better than the first one, really enjoyed it.

Bloodstained: was sold to me as SOTN with the serial numbers filed off. It was! Really fun, had fun with all the exploration and such. Ended up with the most powerful greatsword in the game, all optional bosses beaten, and map completion at 99.5%.

Hollow Knight: Kept seeing this one mentioned as one of the big newer platform games to play. Have played about 5 hours and it hasn't really clicked with me. Too many gameplay elements feel like challenge being thrown in just for the sake of making things harder. I guess some people like that, but it's not really my jam.

M&B 2 Bannerlord: Early access and has a lot of rough edges that I can see would be off putting to many, but it scratches that very specific itch that the original Warband did on many many days on deployment. Entirely thatsmyfetish.gif, hopefully this will last me for several weeks.

Would much rather be hiking in Utah right now but welp them's the breaks.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

At my current rate I’ll be doing test runs on my mod installations tonight and possibly starting my actual playthrough on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Whenever I play FO4, new Vegas, or skyrim I always spend more time on the installing and tweaking stage than the playing stage because I end up getting busy with something else.

The wabajack tool was really promising but it got neutered to somewhat worthless because the dev team surrendered to the demands of the worst modder in the Skyrim/FO community (arthmoor)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Peak in the resident evil thread and you'll quickly see. Bonaventure

That name rings a bell. I think he was some absurdly pathetic poo poo poster during the Gamergate days.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Internet is more or less garbage, so I had to give up on CoD, so I've finally started dumping time into Dark Souls 3. Jesus Christ this game is good. I've never really had any luck getting into a Souls game. Too bad I decided 4 years after it came out. Seems like lots of people still doing PVP though, so that's cool.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bengy81 posted:

Internet is more or less garbage, so I had to give up on CoD, so I've finally started dumping time into Dark Souls 3. Jesus Christ this game is good. I've never really had any luck getting into a Souls game. Too bad I decided 4 years after it came out. Seems like lots of people still doing PVP though, so that's cool.

Dark Souls 3 is really good. It plays so well on PC.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Internet Wizard posted:

Whenever I play FO4, new Vegas, or skyrim I always spend more time on the installing and tweaking stage than the playing stage because I end up getting busy with something else.

This is the inevitable outcomes me of these games and yet they alwayssuck me back in. Alzo I'm super jealous that there's a new M&B and I can't play it :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my civ v mod list is pretty full as well

besides map packs and QOL stuff I have weirdo stuff like infinite exp from barbarians (to give a lil fighting edge to early game scouts and warriors) and map reseeding stuff when zulu or montezuma show up in turn 10 so they can declare war on turn 11

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I went from not giving a poo poo to wanting to play the FF7 Remake now. Mostly cause RE3 remake is not doing it for me.

It's either that or go back and play Division 2 or Borderlands 3 some more.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I got a Valorant beta key

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Deathy McDeath posted:

I got a Valorant beta key

Nice. Let is know how is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS5 Controller

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
We're getting closer to the boomerang.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Call of Duty: Warzone is a lot of fun. The respawn mechanics breathe new life into the Battle Royale mode, and the Plunder game mode is pretty chill- you die a lot, but it's fun to clap dudes, steal their cash and then fight off others as you're calling in a helicopter to extract your loot.

Less fun: 15 gigabyte patches, wtf

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Still putting the sticks in the wrong spot I see

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

Still putting the sticks in the wrong spot I see

you mean the d-pad is in correct spot for fighting games?

also those shallow buttons. blah.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you mean the d-pad is in correct spot for fighting games?

also those shallow buttons. blah.

If you're really care about fighting games, you aren't using a controller anyway. I believe that it's a tradition thing at this point.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its still 50/50 pad/stick for the most part

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

has any controller ever had a good d-pad

Let alone one fighting game people were merely “ok” with

I mean people are opening up the switch pro controller and shoving a piece of paper in the d-pad or some poo poo

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

has any controller ever had a good d-pad

Let alone one fighting game people were merely “ok” with

The transforming one on some of the later 360 controllers is generally accepted to be the best modern d-pad.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

The transforming one on some of the later 360 controllers is generally accepted to be the best modern d-pad.

is that the one that’s sort of metallic?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

a lot of people still use 360 pads or use dual shock 4's. Less so xbone or switch pro.

Saturn controllers are prolly the biggest "retro" controller used for fighting games

smash and gamecube controllers of course, but smash ain't a fighting game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Switch controllers are extremely expensive for being such giant hunks of poo poo. I got a new Switch 5 months ago, barely used it, and now the left analog stick is drifting.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

finally jumping into Doom (ps4 pro)

Anything to know? Settings etc?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

The Switch controllers are extremely expensive for being such giant hunks of poo poo. I got a new Switch 5 months ago, barely used it, and now the left analog stick is drifting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURa16H_QvM

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The drift often comes back though. It’s an engineering fault really

Whether home DIY or sending them out to nintendo. I have the splatoon joycons and I need to get around to sending them in. My pro controllers right joysticks are garbage too. Nintendo hosed up, and everyone applauds them as the good guys when they offer to fix the joy-cons for free

Do love the switch tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive got 4 joycons and 2 pro controllers, no drift but i know im lucky

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

finally jumping into Doom (ps4 pro)

Anything to know? Settings etc?

1. Rip
2.Tear
3. Repeat until you beat the game

Are we talking 2016 or eternal?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Excuse me, but I believe that the correct 3rd step is

"3. Until it is done"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry eternal

Is the platforming that bad and ham fisted? It was annoying in 2016 doom but also very little of it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sorry eternal

Is the platforming that bad and ham fisted? It was annoying in 2016 doom but also very little of it

It's annoying at times but it's not the worst thing in the world. By the end, you barely notice it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sorry eternal

I found it really easy, but I also grew up playing Half-life etc.

I think one key difficulty people were having, is that when you leap or double jump, you go higher and further if you're looking at a bit of an upwards angle, a good 45. There are two platforming sections I remember people complaining about in the other thread. Both had you having to jump off a wall and cover a long way to something below your starting location. Most of the platforming is climbing upwards so you're already looking up, but if you didn't realize its a thing I can see how people were freaking out about how hard the section were where you could understandably spend the whole time with your camera looking down or level and keep falling short.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just the kind of tips I needed I’m awful at it thanks!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Despite being a huge improvement over Warband, Bannerlord occasionally still has moments of delightful jank shine through.

Last night, I was riding the top of a siege tower as my troops pushed it up against the enemy battlements, wanting to be the first into the slaughter to please the blood god. So, the tower gets into position, the ramp drops, and I jump out and start hacking and slaying everywhere.

Killed off the initial batch of archers on the walls there, and then saw another mob of enemies coming from further up the walls. Turned around to make sure that my troops were flowing off the tower behind me, and

THEY WERE ALL GONE

THE FUCKERS MUST HAVE HEARD THE GATE WAS OPEN AND RAN OFF THAT WAY INSTEAD OF GOING UP THE SIEGE TOWER

Managed a few more kills in the oncoming enemy mob, and quickly got overwhelmed.

Felt like a scene out of a movie. What a bunch of blue falcons.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Your troops rule :911:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Doom eternal platforming sucks but not as much as the marauder.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Stairs? Ladders? gently caress that, let's just go through the front door.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

bloops posted:

Doom eternal platforming sucks but not as much as the marauder.

I’ve gotten use to Marauders in my second play through. You can chain stagger them pretty easy with the SSG when they charge. Just time it right before they swing melee, then you can circle strafe to their back and shoot again. They basically can’t melee or anything else until they are dead. It’s a lot more forgiving than the SSG ballista SSG spam.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

The Rat posted:

Despite being a huge improvement over Warband, Bannerlord occasionally still has moments of delightful jank shine through.

Last night, I was riding the top of a siege tower as my troops pushed it up against the enemy battlements, wanting to be the first into the slaughter to please the blood god. So, the tower gets into position, the ramp drops, and I jump out and start hacking and slaying everywhere.

Killed off the initial batch of archers on the walls there, and then saw another mob of enemies coming from further up the walls. Turned around to make sure that my troops were flowing off the tower behind me, and

THEY WERE ALL GONE

THE FUCKERS MUST HAVE HEARD THE GATE WAS OPEN AND RAN OFF THAT WAY INSTEAD OF GOING UP THE SIEGE TOWER

Managed a few more kills in the oncoming enemy mob, and quickly got overwhelmed.

Felt like a scene out of a movie. What a bunch of blue falcons.

I remember kiting enemies like this way back in Age of Empires II. If you built your keep with more than one gate, you could open/close them such that troops would run back and forth towards whichever one was open and get cut to pieces by archer towers. Someone who wasn't paying attention (or a PC player) could lose a whole army pretty quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Bad: Thunderstorm rolled through Central Indiana and our power got knocked out

Good: Animal Crossing doesn't need power (until the battery runs out)