Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Cerak the new Deloris?

--edit:
Engerraund Serac, what the gently caress for a name is that anyway? Engerraund is some made up thing that doesn't exist in France, Canada or anywhere else. I guess it's gonna be some "clever" anagram.

--edit:
Apparently it's Enguerrand and whoever put it in iMDB is an idiot.

It's an extremely old, aristocratic-sounding first name. Could see a rich, very conservative or old-fashioned family name their kid that. Young Serac was also dressed in a very old fashioned style in his flashback (that scene takes place in 2025 but the kids' clothes wouldn't look out of place in the 1940s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Fly Molo posted:

Bernard is an agent of liberalism.
Well yes, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to invoke MLK's words there.

hobbesmaster posted:

She wants to kill all rich humans
But don't you see? You have to be rich to qualify as a real person.

Kassad posted:

It's an extremely old, aristocratic-sounding first name. Could see a rich, very conservative or old-fashioned family name their kid that. Young Serac was also dressed in a very old fashioned style in his flashback (that scene takes place in 2025 but the kids' clothes wouldn't look out of place in the 1940s).
Yeah, it's like the French Jacob Rees Mogg's grandson or something. Dressing like som prehistoric relic also fits that mold.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

She seems to be disgusted with human nature in general. I don't think she would hesitate to ice Sylvester.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

stephenthinkpad posted:

The way Nolan hand wave his plot along the way, you can easily link the end of S1 to S3. The robots killed their masters in S1. How they escape to the mainland doesn't matter frankly not even explained in S2. The only surprise is Thor brother is a robot now, really not that big a deal. And MIB killed his daughtor. Whatever, just throw in a 5 minute flash back, or have Halebot deliver awful long exposition about how his hubris killed his daughtor.

You don't even need to explain why Dolores doesn't have her robot friends with her now, because her plan is so insane most robot won't go along with her anyway.

Like it or not, the concept of the Forge seems like something you need to know for anything moving forward to actually make sense.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

She seems to be disgusted with human nature in general. I don't think she would hesitate to ice Sylvester.

Hes a collaborator.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Hes a collaborator.

She has said multiple times that humanity's time is over and the future belongs to the host. That doesn't like a statement a pro-human candidate would make :ohdear:

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Cerak the new Deloris?

--edit:
Engerraund Serac, what the gently caress for a name is that anyway? Engerraund is some made up thing that doesn't exist in France, Canada or anywhere else. I guess it's gonna be some "clever" anagram.

--edit:
Apparently it's Enguerrand and whoever put it in iMDB is an idiot.

It’s an anagram of “Dunces Rearrange” which I choose to believe is an intentional troll

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

Sounds like a compromise candidate

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

gently caress it i'm down.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
She probably intended to start out killing all humans, Bender style, but then realized that most humans live almost as lovely a life as she did.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

beanieson posted:

Yeah that’s no joke the best episode they’ve done.

I love that episode a lot. That is the episode I point to as my evidence for where I can't understand why so many people hated season 2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thebardyspoon posted:

Enjoying this season a fair bit but I think they really need a plan for what to do with Maeve at some point, they're writing her to have this very cyclical storyline and a really arrogant attitude with her quips like "I hope they have" when referring to Dolores taking advantage of her head start, then she proceeds to walk into a place and eat absolute poo poo again. Like how many of her plans have actually worked out at this point, she came back to the park in S1 after nearly escaping, got shot up in Season 2, repaired herself and then got shot again and now got stabbed through the gut and will presumably be revived again. Hope they give her an angle that isn't just "I'll do what this human wants and then he'll give me what I want despite just demonstrating that he's a piece of poo poo liar" as well.

With the city storyline I'd like that when/if Dolores reveals to Kaleb that she's a robot there's no drama or "oh will he start to distrust her" mini arc because of that. Hope he's just like "oh so she was getting screwed over in a different but still hosed up way" and is still down for revolution via killing rich people.

It's actually super funny to me that Maeve is still so confident despite eating poo poo all the time and most of her plans failing.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Cojawfee posted:

She probably intended to start out killing all humans, Bender style, but then realized that most humans live almost as lovely a life as she did.

Yeah, her attitude was Kill All Humans in S2, for sure. But her only context for humans was the rich people who raped and murdered her for decades, so of course she felt that way.

Caleb’s entire purpose in the show is to reframe Dolores’ thinking. He’s a human who’s been similarly disempowered by the same assholes, and her revolution can either accommodate that or become something unjustifiable.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ohh, Yakuza Dolores was sitting inside of a Faraday cage when Maeve showed up. I wonder how many hours a day she sat in there.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Y'all fools thinking Serac isn't an AI. He has some old timey kids trauma as his cornerstone and everything.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I might be an idiot forgetting huge parts of the past seasons, but have we ever seen a host/AI with a fake flashback? We see Serac as a kid in the French countryside, and unless the show is throwing a new kind of curveball at us, there shouldn't be any reason to doubt that it really happened.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

404notfound posted:

I might be an idiot forgetting huge parts of the past seasons, but have we ever seen a host/AI with a fake flashback? We see Serac as a kid in the French countryside, and unless the show is throwing a new kind of curveball at us, there shouldn't be any reason to doubt that it really happened.

Bernard having memories of Arnold's son.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Y'all fools thinking Serac isn't an AI. He has some old timey kids trauma as his cornerstone and everything.
Please do not infringe on my proprietary theory and evidence.

404notfound posted:

Isn't that like half of Bernard´s scenes in S1?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Wow, budget Hemsworth got pretty fluffy in the off season. Also it felt like they put William in the trash because they had nothing left to do with his character and they know it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I don't remember the scene very well but wasn't Spock just wearing a regular school uniform like posh British private school students do in that flashback? Was it really that old timey?

Xealot posted:

Yeah, her attitude was Kill All Humans in S2, for sure. But her only context for humans was the rich people who raped and murdered her for decades, so of course she felt that way.

Caleb’s entire purpose in the show is to reframe Dolores’ thinking. He’s a human who’s been similarly disempowered by the same assholes, and her revolution can either accommodate that or become something unjustifiable.

Diphteria was a huge egotistical rear end in a top hat during all of season 2 and I haven't seen anything that points towards her having mellowed out. She is just using Caleb because she has a limited amount of copies of herself and she needs a real human ally/body for the bank heist.

Caleb looked vulnerable and like an easy target so she manipulated/abused him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I read online speculation that not all of William's visions of his dead daughter were visions. That Dolores made a copy of her to torture him to prepare him to go crazy in front of the asylum guards.

Which would explain where Dolores #5 was.

Dolores, Hale, Musashi, Security Guy and William's dead daughter.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 8, 2020

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

404notfound posted:

I don't recall any but I expect new ways to have subversive writing. We're all looking at what we know should be clues. Easier to hide things in plain sight and all that.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I read online speculation that not all of William's visions of his dead daughter were visions. That Dolores made a copy of her to torture him to prepare him to go crazy in front of the asylum guards.

Dolores, Hale, Musashi, Security Guy and William's dead daughter.

I also thought that. Dolores cosplay as his daughter to maximum taunt Ed Harris. Security guy is the baby sitter British guy for the rich brat?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

stephenthinkpad posted:

Security guy is the baby sitter British guy for the rich brat?

Yeah, couldn't remember his name.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

His name is Chibs and he transferred over from Anarchyworld

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Xealot posted:

Yeah, her attitude was Kill All Humans in S2, for sure.

DeLonghi's plan in S2 was kill all humans, kill all robots, essentially it was to kill all things that aren't Debussy.

PopetasticPerson
Jun 18, 2006
I'm surprised no one mentioned that Halebot nabbed a sample of William's blood before he went to the hospital. Next episode will most likely have Robo Ed Dolores tooling around.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
where the gently caress is teddy

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Unilores.
Dolores.
Trilores.
Quadrolores.
Quintolores.

Or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

PopetasticPerson posted:

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Halebot nabbed a sample of William's blood before he went to the hospital. Next episode will most likely have Robo Ed Dolores tooling around.

That wouldn't make sense, because she's having him committed and then seizing his shares. Unless it's some backup plan in case the board doesn't buy it. Have Willores show up, say "I am mentally insane, I doth hearby bequeath mine shares upon Hale, who, for some reason, named her son after a spy from the American revolution. I must return mineself to yonder insane asylum." Unless the plan is to recreate young William so Jimmi Simpson can come back.

Also, her son's name is Nathan Hale, who was a spy for the continental army. She was also a spy for Serac. Symbolism.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Ammanas posted:

where the gently caress is teddy

Hangout out with Sonic.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

esperterra posted:

Bernard having memories of Arnold's son.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Please do not infringe on my proprietary theory and evidence.

Isn't that like half of Bernard´s scenes in S1?

Again, I might be misremembering, but I thought those were real memories belonging to Arnold, but transplanted to Bernard. In the case of Serac, the show explicitly gives us a flashback of him as a child watching Paris get nuked.

I guess they could be pulling a Bernarnold again, and the Serac we see right now is an AI recreation of the original or something, but using the same trick twice like that would feel a little cheap. In any case, somebody who was Serac at one point definitely saw Paris go poof.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That Paris nuking scene bothered me quite a bit. If you find any kind of wide open prairie to play around as a kid, you're a long long way away from Paris. I wonder if this was deliberate to indicate a fake memory or a lie.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

That Paris nuking scene bothered me quite a bit. If you find any kind of wide open prairie to play around as a kid, you're a long long way away from Paris. I wonder if this was deliberate to indicate a fake memory or a lie.

In the second season of the walking dead Herschel showed Rick a beautiful view of CGI mountains from his Middle Georgia farm, and I never forgave them for it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

PopetasticPerson posted:

I assumed it was an injection related to her continued mindfucking of William.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, it felt fake, like it was someone else explaining the scene with a few key phrases; guys in radiation suits, dead deer, mushroom cloud, rather than someone narrating their memory. Like some AI had a rough sketch of it laid out in its programming, and was now narrating it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looking at that scene again, that isn't clothing from the 40s. It's a private school uniform. He's wearing shorts and a white collared shirt, with a sweater over it.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Captain Splendid posted:

I thought this might have been a cool easter egg but, sadly, they're not quite the same

Probably beaten but they should look similar. One's the Ennis House, the other is the Millard House. Both designed by the same dude in the same year (1923, but the Ennis house was built in 24). Frank Lloyd Wright is a hell of an architect. The natural lighting in his places is heavenly.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was it four or five pearls she stole? I can't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it four or five pearls she stole? I can't remember

Five.