Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Spime Wrangler posted:

lol this model loving sucks and they should be ashamed of their uncertainty estimates

who;s model is this?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

twoday posted:

no way, the latest study was done by the only medical institution he likes, Johns Hopkins. That means he already bought stock in BCG manufacturers last week to hedge his bets and will say something about it soon. Here's the guy who discovered HIV and who is currently working on this saying something to this effect:

https://twitter.com/SuzyEvans11/status/1245558904865554433?s=20

offtopic but the name "johns hopkins" has always bothered me. thats two possessives. stop it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sphyre posted:

offtopic but the name "johns hopkins" has always bothered me. thats two possessives. stop it

him name johns hopkins frog

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sphyre posted:

jorts hopkins

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RaspyRawls/status/1246421366255034368

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sphyre posted:

No, it's John Shopkins.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Telsa Cola posted:

CA is actually sending ventilators around to other states that need them, NJ just got/is getting 100.

Yeah one of my friends is the head of the anesthesiology dept at his hospital, and told me a week ago that they saw so few cases that they were preparing to send vents out elsewhere

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Atrocious Joe posted:

who;s model is this?

it's the university of washington IHME model the white house has been referencing

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Sphyre posted:

Both are last names, his grandfather was given his mother's maiden name as his first name apparently as some weird compromise between rich families iirc.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
the Johns Hopkins, like the Surgeons General

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Scarodactyl posted:

Both are last names, his grandfather was given his mother's maiden name as his first name apparently as some weird compromise between rich families iirc.

it's an affront to god is what it is

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Crazypoops posted:

I'm a slow writer so maybe this weekend. I'll just say a coworker (not someone ever prone to violence) got in a fist fight with some douche disregarding occupancy and that's just how my day started.

:(

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

actually johns hopkins is the name of the monster not the doctor

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
a+ title

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/truckload-jack-daniels-stolen-southeast-atlanta-suspect-sought/5DcPeJti3NGMGqqcWo6KEL/

quote:

Atlanta police are searching for a suspect they say stole a “trailer full of Jack Daniels,” in southeast Atlanta last week, according to a police report.

What one of you did this? I might want to barter

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Sphyre posted:

whose Hopkins is this?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1247694331831558145

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Over Easy posted:

whose Hopkins is this?

J Frog

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Spime Wrangler posted:

lol this model loving sucks and they should be ashamed of their uncertainty estimates

Those uncertainty estimates make it basically worthless. Tomorrow NY is going to have between 200 and 2400 deaths. Cool thanks model way to go with that guess.

The uncertainties are also backwards, they have no certainty about what is going to happen tomorrow (when they should be the most accurate) and the uncertainty decreases with time.

Worthless.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Salt Fish posted:

P. S. We'll find your virus

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ffffffffuuuccccckkkkkk

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Stereotype posted:

Those uncertainty estimates make it basically worthless. Tomorrow NY is going to have between 200 and 2400 deaths. Cool thanks model way to go with that guess.

The uncertainties are also backwards, they have no certainty about what is going to happen tomorrow (when they should be the most accurate) and the uncertainty decreases with time.

Worthless.

my favorite is how everyone just stops dying from it at the beginning of May, like magic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zeno-25 posted:

Gonna be fun when the next storm surge floats these all over the harbor. Hope they're planning to cap that with concrete

hart island is on the east end of the bronx practically the long island sound. the only thing over there are lovely lobster restaurants on city island, the next rock over from hart

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BeefThief posted:

quick twoday, tell us who makes the BCG vaccine already so we can become pandemic profiteers very quickly and very strongly

Putin

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

WarEternal posted:

my favorite is how everyone just stops dying from it at the beginning of May, like magic.

Based on the uncertainties it looks like they started with the assumption that there will be zero deaths on May 1st and projected backwards.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

twoday posted:

no way, the latest study was done by the only medical institution he likes, Johns Hopkins. That means he already bought stock in BCG manufacturers last week to hedge his bets and will say something about it soon. Here's the guy who discovered HIV and who is currently working on this saying something to this effect:

https://twitter.com/SuzyEvans11/status/1245558904865554433?s=20

Nah, he's been at the NCI and U of MD med school. He's also a self aggrandizing rear end in a top hat who's assheaded bullying delayed initial HIV research. The vaccine is probably something repurposed in his own lab and he's hyping it up.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That said I think I buy the BCG correlation more than hydroxychloroquine at this point lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i thought my boy was on the mend :(

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

John Prine's last single :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7-NPgfdnqM*

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Spime Wrangler posted:

give them some credit they could have used a log scale

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

i thought my boy was on the mend :(

Its a really consistent thing with this disease that it will look like a patients improving and then out of nowhere they'll just deteriorate in a couple of hours and die.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

get that theranos lady back in the mix, what's she got cooking?

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/Seattle2019nCov/status/1247691304961638402?s=20

WA looks to be moving in a positive direction now, everything is closed everyone is inside for now almost a month.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Nothus posted:

Nah, he's been at the NCI and U of MD med school. He's also a self aggrandizing rear end in a top hat who's assheaded bullying delayed initial HIV research. The vaccine is probably something repurposed in his own lab and he's hyping it up.

He said that's it's being done at the FDA

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

This plus Ellis Marsalis has been some serious bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

peepeepants posted:

this rear end in a top hat in the video started talking about getting your ballot emailed to you. What? How is that legal?

It's not