Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Here's 2 transmogs I thought came out pretty good:

DH

Monk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I can't stand the way DH plays, but I can't deny it's a classy look:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

So my WD got 2 primals in 5 mins time. Helltooth mask and starmetal kukri.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I posted a sweet burger king dh in the mog thread. I'll see if I have it saved somewhere

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is a years old game, :justpost:. This is how I am doing the learnings ty.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3619861&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

I found the xmog thread but I didn't see my post in there damnit. I swear I put it in there

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

This thread would be so much better if people posted their transmogs instead of constant white noise posts of Bad Primals.

We get it, your item was bad... in Diablo... I assure you we get it! Post your cool dudes and ladies! Show me your clever fashion sense.

You first OP

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It's just a Bust Rodd thing to shitpost. Ignore him. This thread for an old as gently caress game could use any traffic it gets.

Speaking of transmogs, is there any rhyme or reason for cross class sets being available for transmog? Like my new DH has Immortal King as an option but not Raekors or Wastes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aranan posted:

It's just a Bust Rodd thing to shitpost. Ignore him. This thread for an old as gently caress game could use any traffic it gets.

Speaking of transmogs, is there any rhyme or reason for cross class sets being available for transmog? Like my new DH has Immortal King as an option but not Raekors or Wastes.

I'm guessing it's something to do with which set pieces are class-specific and which aren't.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!

Here are some of my transmogs. Some of my characters are pretty different (Cru/Monk), and then some characters I find a base look I like and alter it slightly to make it feel more unique (WD/Barb). A lot of seasons I'll reuse a look but change the dye, or use a different helm. Like my red Barb transmog with white dye and using Andariel's Visage helm.

Thorg fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 5, 2020

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Nothing terribly creative on my end. I usually roll with full sets dyed white or black because I like how it looks.Shoulders dyed invisible are another common thing because they're just absurd a lot of the time. :)

On an unrelated note, does the one-button authenticator work for D3? Whenever I get prompted to authenticate, I have to use the manual code entry and it's kind of annoying compared to other blizzard games where I just tap a button on my phone instead.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Which weapon is that? I legit never have seen it despite playing barbarian for god knows how many seasons

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Which weapon is that? I legit never have seen it despite playing barbarian for god knows how many seasons

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Grim_Reaper

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Aranan posted:

On an unrelated note, does the one-button authenticator work for D3? Whenever I get prompted to authenticate, I have to use the manual code entry and it's kind of annoying compared to other blizzard games where I just tap a button on my phone instead.

I've had it for years and I think the one button authenticator has worked maybe once for me. On iphone and droid

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Well this looks cool.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

exquisite tea posted:

For some reason I thought doing Boss Mode solo would be difficult and never attempted that conquest alone until now, which was a mistake. I think I got it done in under 15 minutes. I'd say it's definitely the easiest this season behind Divinity and Curses.

Got any tips for this? I literally can't stand this game anymore, so I'm not willing to make another character and get another set scrounged up for the 3rd and last conquest I need to do, but I've never attempted Boss mode before, anything handy a WRend Bard should know, or routes, etc.?

Oh, and mine:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Put on all the move speed stuff and do it on tx. Warz bracers, krelms belt, lightning gem and boon, and fill your bar with sprint and the move speed shout. Do act 5 first and if it's going bad start over. They're all on the map with a boss icon next to the waypoint. I think you do all of those except Vindian. It's pretty easy, just keep moving and don't pick up stuff.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I call her "Slutty Bug"

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Check communities for ppl looking to do boss mode. The key with a party is everyone can split up and go to town after you reach the entrance. You can use "m" to navigate back to town after a boss kill and then go back to your saved portal.

Adria, butcher, a1 spider queen would be a few I'd try for first since they can take a while to find.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Suburban Dad posted:

Put on all the move speed stuff and do it on tx. Warz bracers, krelms belt, lightning gem and boon, and fill your bar with sprint and the move speed shout. Do act 5 first and if it's going bad start over. They're all on the map with a boss icon next to the waypoint. I think you do all of those except Vindian. It's pretty easy, just keep moving and don't pick up stuff.

Pretty much seconding this. I did it the other day as a whirlrend barb without move speed stuff, and even with a really bad Ruins of Corvus map I managed to finish with about 30s left on the clock. Building for speed will make it a hell of a lot quicker. My personal tip is to start with Adria, and fish for a game where she is the boss bounty in act 5 if you want to help find her a little more quickly.

I finished off the Crusader Set Dungeons earlier this afternoon. Seeker of the Light was actually kind of an interesting one to do, and not at all bad once I learned to watch and predict mortars. Invoker was easy, I completed it on my first time ever in the dungeon. Roland's was strange. I got it done, but I feel like I don't really understood the "proper" way to spend 300 Wrath in 10 seconds. It was also the home of heartbreak, where I ran out of time with one monster left once, then on my kill attempt finished with about 4 seconds on the clock. But done is done.

Just three Wizard sets left to go now, not counting Necromancer ones.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
I normally go for a vaguely 'sensible' looking transmog once I've got decent gear, so shoulders are getting vanished right off, and usually the helm too.

Witch Doctor is especially challenging with mojos. Got to pick what kind of animal you want to be throttling, and while the kitty makes the cutest noise, I can't be having that.

It ain't easy being green:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
What sword is this? I've never seen it before.

(Assuming it's a mog exclusive from purchasing a digital deluxe or something.)

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007

Abner Assington posted:

What sword is this? I've never seen it before.

(Assuming it's a mog exclusive from purchasing a digital deluxe or something.)

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/God_Butcher It's a rare transmog you can get from a Mysterious Chest in Act 5.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

My long dunt is finally over, as they say.

keseph
Oct 21, 2010

beep bawk boop bawk

xiansi posted:

Witch Doctor is especially challenging with mojos. Got to pick what kind of animal you want to be throttling, and while the kitty makes the cutest noise, I can't be having that.

Henri isn't being held by the neck. He has a little kitty harness which, while quite the indignity is not actually going to strangle him.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Wow, so trip report of Boss Mode. It's piss easy, first attempt, and it only took 16 minutes and some change. I started with act 5 because those are the hard RNG ones to find, and I felt like I got pretty unlucky having to do some backtracking for both Adria & Urzael and same when doing The Butcher, but it didn't matter in the end. Don't be like me and assume this conquest is difficult to do, compared to the others, it a no brainer one to choose to do.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Same here. I saw him mention his Boss Mode run and had a go. Probably wouldn't have pulled it off if I hadn't been playing a WD this season, but the angry chicken speeds cover a multitude of gearing signs. Made it with a minute and a half to go.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
It was bracer day for my mun t16 set and my skeletal mage necro.

edit: i didn't even notice the radius roll till now, that's 12 yards on the doc

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 7, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Do the reaper's drop naturally for Necros?

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Reaper's are crafted. Pattern drops off malthael

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Any recommendations for a Necromancer build that is a little tankier than the Trag'Oul/Jesseth Skeletal Mages that I am currently using?

This is my first time playing Necromancer, is glass cannon kind of just their thing or is it this specific build? I do pretty well once Goldwrap is up and running and my skeletons/mages are wrecking everything in sight, but I get 1-shot more than I like when getting set up. Maybe I just need to get better at dodging.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Parker Lewis posted:

Any recommendations for a Necromancer build that is a little tankier than the Trag'Oul/Jesseth Skeletal Mages that I am currently using?

This is my first time playing Necromancer, is glass cannon kind of just their thing or is it this specific build? I do pretty well once Goldwrap is up and running and my skeletons/mages are wrecking everything in sight, but I get 1-shot more than I like when getting set up. Maybe I just need to get better at dodging.

Build this and make friends with LOD rat necros and a barb.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Parker Lewis posted:

All Necro builds feel like this IMO.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just posted in SA Mart but if anyone wants a cheap D3 Cartridge for Switch for $35-$40 I’m trying to offload my cartridge for cash or another game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919529&perpage=40#post503948183

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 8, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This seems like a good time to call it a season well-spent. I think I've taken Shadow as far as I can minus some increasingly improbable rolls. I'd like to thank the Season 20 buff, unburied rifts with narrow corridors, and Cold Snap for repeatedly getting himself owned in these solo push screens.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

This seems like a good time to call it a season well-spent. I think I've taken Shadow as far as I can minus some increasingly improbable rolls. I'd like to thank the Season 20 buff, unburied rifts with narrow corridors, and Cold Snap for repeatedly getting himself owned in these solo push screens.

Forever on the leaderboard at 1488 paragon.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I just posted in SA Mart but if anyone wants a cheap D3 Cartridge for Switch for $35-$40 I’m trying to offload my cartridge for cash or another game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919529&perpage=40#post503948183

Moving back to PC or giving up on D3 for now?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The digital version is $30 until the 19th and I’m ditching my cart so I don’t need to keep swapping back and forth between this and Pokemon

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Successfully sold my cart on SA mart for exactly what I paid for it at Best Buy 3 months ago, digital version took about an hour to download, and Pokemon Sword is back in it’s appropriate resting place.

I’m slowly piecing together Mundunugu and I am SO EXCITED about a new WD build, if only I could get a drat Chicken knife to drop or forge I could finish up this speed farming build and start doing bounties.

Prob gonna try and run like 10 or 15 TX rifts today.