Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Over Easy posted:

Most of those "prestige" television shows are unrewatchable. People get hooked because they want to see what happens next or unravel a mystery and once that is done, there is nothing to pull back viewers because any given episode just serves the overarching plot.

I can watch a star trek made before 2000 any day of the week, even voyager, because it's episodic and satisfying.

Farscape, sg1, Babylon 5, Miami vice, Banacek, columbo, magnum pi, rat patrol, batman the animated series, MacGyver, saved by the bell, the love boat and so on are all incredibly rewatchable. Just little story times for good boys and girls

Shows now tend to utilize the addiction formula to hook viewers for short term binges. Just gross.

This age will be forgotten. Obama to corona has been a cultural wasteland

Better Call Saul is rewatchable because it's great

Thrones is unwatchable because it's trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i've been watching TNG and can confirm its good though

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

charity rereg posted:

i got a cute little 4k drone for $62 from aliexpress in the before times, it's pretty cool its like 75% as good as a $1k drone (in terms of dicking around in the park or on hikes)

I should buy a $62 drone from china.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
People liked game of thrones because they could comfortably see a naked boob with their wife in the room

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

National Review wrong again, actually locking down causes outbreaks! Sweden is going to come out of this unscathed
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1247500508841025542?s=20

the replies to this guys flu trutherism posts are poo poo pure poo poo

heck even nyt Maggie Haberman retweeted one of them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1247823513022586880?s=20
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1247825764185182208?s=20
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1247848455210438658?s=20

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schumer and pelosi are still not pushing for election reform, even after Republican actions in Wisconsin

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1247855152469508106
Worse than useless, they are actively harmful

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I walked away from my couch for 2 minutes to put the kettle on to make coffee and my cat stole my blanket. I just wanted to wallow in self pity today because I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week (it wasn't a good fit for me anyway but still)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wouldn't it be cool to nationalize all private golf courses and turn the land into affordable housing?

:thunk:

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

I guess Sen. Gardner told Trump he was a big strong boy

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

CODChimera posted:

TNG is amazing and I can watch it over and over but I was raised on it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So... Is social distancing not a thing in America or what

Holy poo poo

we’re trying v hard to, in the medium term, let nature reclaim florida

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

CODChimera posted:

been watching a lot of it recently myself, it's loving soothing

bunch of professional, decent, pretty well-adjusted people working together to do the right thing

it's everything reality isn't

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

neutral milf hotel posted:

wouldn't it be cool to nationalize all private golf courses and turn the land into affordable housing?

they are gonna be used for mass graves

edit: sorry sorry i meant 'temporary internment'

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

shovelbum posted:

Anyone who thinks nukes aren't still the worst and final weapon of the present and foreseeable future is insane.
nooooo....you cant just handwave away the threat of nuclear annihilation by saying reagan's star wars was real

haha imaginary laser ABM goes brrrrrr

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bury them where they fall plant an indigenous tree and turn it into a park. Let them be "playing golf" forever

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

RI just opened its UI benefits to gig-economy workers and i was able to apply online last night, and had a confirmation email by the time i woke up. so it's not terrible everywhere i guess?

gina’s been doing alright throughout this. not a fan of hers by any mean but i think she’s doing this pretty well

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1247786736886747139?s=20

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shovelbum posted:

Anyone who thinks nukes aren't still the worst and final weapon of the present and foreseeable future is insane.

no, the worst weapon, is..........man!!!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

no, the worst weapon, is..........man!!!

woah

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

RI just opened its UI benefits to gig-economy workers and i was able to apply online last night, and had a confirmation email by the time i woke up. so it's not terrible everywhere i guess?

Let us know how that goes, especially the +600/week. I havent heard of anyone actually getting that and I'm probably gonna be unemployed in 2 weeks

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So... Is social distancing not a thing in America or what

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1247873526138310656?s=20

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

friendly 2 da void posted:

New York City's medical examiner.

i wonder how many of these are suicides

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

TNG is amazing and I can watch it over and over but I was raised on it

Yep. That intro music hits me in the belly.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

CODChimera posted:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Lol at promoting a controlled cough meant for expelling mucus as a coronavirus cure

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Over Easy posted:

Most of those "prestige" television shows are unrewatchable. People get hooked because they want to see what happens next or unravel a mystery and once that is done, there is nothing to pull back viewers because any given episode just serves the overarching plot.

I can watch a star trek made before 2000 any day of the week, even voyager, because it's episodic and satisfying.

Farscape, sg1, Babylon 5, Miami vice, Banacek, columbo, magnum pi, rat patrol, batman the animated series, MacGyver, saved by the bell, the love boat and so on are all incredibly rewatchable. Just little story times for good boys and girls

Shows now tend to utilize the addiction formula to hook viewers for short term binges. Just gross.

this generation's columbo is psych

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

CODChimera posted:

huh? tons of prestige shows are rewatchable. game of thrones is unrewatchable because it's really bad.

Who could have known a show about rape and incest would lose its shine so fast

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

punchymcpunch posted:

this generation's columbo is psych

psych is excellent for its entire run

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

neutral milf hotel posted:

There are so many houses that are actually already open without anyone living in them. People just don't want to give up their grip on being a landlord. I called this one lady the other day to try and rent her house and after going through the entire spiel she's like, "oh, I'll be living in the garage" I laughed and was like wtf?

Apparently the house was an airb&b and she had others but because of the market for them crashing she had no renters and no money so no where to live. I would be paying her mortgage while she lived in the garage. gently caress that lmao

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

20 points to house gammon

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1247875127070674946?s=20

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Is it too early to start hating on dog people?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Over Easy posted:

this guy fucks

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

psych is excellent for its entire run

whens the new movie coming out?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

i would rewatch house but it always stirs up medical anxiety and that might be worse than usual during a pandemic

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

fits my needs posted:

they are gonna be used for mass graves

edit: sorry sorry i meant 'temporary internment'

There's a lot of public parks they'll have to use before they'll touch their precious golf courses.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

stuck for something to watch? check out highlander: the tv series

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Over Easy posted:

I wish I could watch these series online legally on my language. Is very easy to find warez websites, but very hard or imposible to find legal ones.
I would totally watch Columbo.

On my region Netflix don't have the original Cosmos serie, only the boring new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Cats should be indoors only unless you want them to be harmed by coyotes or predators like a Ford f150