Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
basically the equivalent of that "POINTY ELVES ARE GONNA COME BACK" video before we started getting solid info on the Lumineth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

GIANTS FOR EVERYONE

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Best part of the new Sons of Behemat:

Johann, the guy that everyone thought was a coward running away from the Gargant, is actually their army commander.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

dexefiend posted:

Best part of the new Sons of Behemat:

Johann, the guy that everyone thought was a coward running away from the Gargant, is actually their army commander.

Well that's going to be an interesting ending to the Roll Models comic.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I hope the new High Elves set is vastly overpriced so as not to drag me back into the hobby

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'd imagine $215 like the SoB one. There's fewer models but with how fast it sold GW it probably figuring they priced it too low.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Marmaduke! posted:

I hope the new High Elves set is vastly overpriced so as not to drag me back into the hobby

same but I'm probably gonna get it anyway

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
There's some great third party Skryre stuff out there, but are there any studios making good Vhargulf Courtier alts?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Finished a unit of Shadow Warriors yesterday. Possibly the oldest kit I've had in my backlog as I've had these in parts for years and decided to start going at them. Possibly one of my favourite High Elf kits and I really fell in love with them after playing Warhammer Online before it tanked.

But they are surprisingly rare to find online as far as I could tell from a google inspiration search as I didn't want to paint them in the usual grey/blue scheme that's on the website.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cooked Auto posted:

Finished a unit of Shadow Warriors yesterday. Possibly the oldest kit I've had in my backlog as I've had these in parts for years and decided to start going at them. Possibly one of my favourite High Elf kits and I really fell in love with them after playing Warhammer Online before it tanked.

But they are surprisingly rare to find online as far as I could tell from a google inspiration search as I didn't want to paint them in the usual grey/blue scheme that's on the website.

Nice.

I actually just wondered for the first time if the Lumineth Elves are gonna be an entirely new, limited range of models or if any of the Aelf stuff from WHFB/Cities will show up in their codex.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

New Herald

Johan :unsmith:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Nice.

I actually just wondered for the first time if the Lumineth Elves are gonna be an entirely new, limited range of models or if any of the Aelf stuff from WHFB/Cities will show up in their codex.

Most of the previously High Elf stuff has been tied up with Cities of Sigmar so I doubt it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cooked Auto posted:

Most of the previously High Elf stuff has been tied up with Cities of Sigmar so I doubt it.

They also binned most of the high elf stuff when they did a mass cleansing right before CoS came out so it was pretty much always the plan to make these the "new" High Elves.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

RagnarokAngel posted:

They also binned most of the high elf stuff when they did a mass cleansing right before CoS came out so it was pretty much always the plan to make these the "new" High Elves.

:smith: Why did you have to die, White Lions. I never even got the chariot.

:qq:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Winklebottom posted:

New Herald

Johan :unsmith:

Good emotions and feels :)

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Where can I procure some alternate stormcast heads?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Thanqol posted:

Where can I procure some alternate stormcast heads?

Forgeworld has both male and female heads.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Although otherwise I guess just look for head from various Empire sets. Or some less mutated Chaos ones even.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I prefer helmets on basically every single faction ever, but Stormcasts look so much better with human heads it's unreal. It changes the entire model for me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah that's one of the reason I haven't really gotten more of them. I simply can't get over how terrible their helmets look. Also not helped by how static some of the older units look, or the Soul Wars models too. One reason I haven't bothered picking up any of them for cheap to paint.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They look like awesome battle wizards without helmets.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
What size are stormcast heads suited to? Should I be looking at Marines or old Empire heads?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Not too sure actually. I'd hedge a bet on Empire heads more and they fit the setting a but more than various stages of being on the toilet like most bare marine heads.
Not to mention they also tend to have a bunch of technogubbins stuck to them as well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Space wolves heads might be cool on stormcast if you want them to have that look and lots of facial hair.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Hey what should I get next for my STDs? My plaguetime lockdown goal is to have a 2000 point force by the time society returns back to normal. I have a lord on crackalack, 26 chaos warriors, 5 chaos knights, daemon prince, sorcerer, slaughterbrute, and chaos giant.

I feel like the trivially obivous answer is "marauders" but I'm really not in the mood to paint a dudehorde, those warriors were enough for a while.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Geisladisk posted:

Hey what should I get next for my STDs? My plaguetime lockdown goal is to have a 2000 point force by the time society returns back to normal. I have a lord on crackalack, 26 chaos warriors, 5 chaos knights, daemon prince, sorcerer, slaughterbrute, and chaos giant.

I feel like the trivially obivous answer is "marauders" but I'm really not in the mood to paint a dudehorde, those warriors were enough for a while.

A gang of 10 Bloodletters in case the summoning option comes up.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah that's one of the reason I haven't really gotten more of them. I simply can't get over how terrible their helmets look. Also not helped by how static some of the older units look, or the Soul Wars models too. One reason I haven't bothered picking up any of them for cheap to paint.

I feel like there's something interesting in the idea of an impassive face mask/helmet, but they've never quite figured out how to make it not look like some sort of robot.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I know the basic concept behind their design is death masks but they've never really clicked for me either way. Some of the latter ones aren't bad but the ones for the first releases like Liberators and Judicators does not work for me at all because they look so bland. Also the sideways crests do nothing for me either.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

MonsterEnvy posted:

A gang of 10 Bloodletters in case the summoning option comes up.

Horrors got a ton better but yeah agreed.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
GW has said on their AoS podcast that the initial Stormcast models were designed to be easy to paint by people new to the hobby, who might be intimidated otherwise—they’re easy to drybrush, show no skin, have a more limited palette than WHFB, etc. I think the masks are lovely, but I can see how GW landed on them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

True, there is a clear design principle behind them. Both in terms of model design and lore. Not that it really changes my opinion of them and I would've swapped them out at the first opportunity or skipped them entirely for bare heads.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/18/warhammer-preview-3-revenge-of-the-previewgw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

Warhammer Preview Event 3 has begun and the first bomb is...
New models for Sons of Behemat.

And they are loving HUGE in comparison to the normal giants.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

They look real good, not quite as cartoony as the teaser illustrations

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And now we've got another Warcry warband.
And they aren't Chaos related but Khainite instead.
Should be mentioned this is just a teaser of the warband and not the whole thing as mentioned on the stream.

Also the liveblog seems to have skipped ahead and revealed the next Lumineth model that has been teased before:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 18, 2020

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I love the dark elf models and I might get a Krakeneater to go with my Deepkin. Fuckin' roni stopping everything!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

those snotlings are great

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Those dark elves kick rear end. Warcry/Underworlds warbands are so consistently awesome, I can’t wait to see what else they bring out for Warcry.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Are there are any goon-validated 3rd party providers that have bits for Seraphon? A lot of the old models are really bad...

New Saurus heads would be welcome.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There first thing that comes into mind is the Cuetzpal Empire.

https://lostkingdomminiatures.com/en/20-cuetzpal-empire

Beyond that I think I've seen some on 3D printer model stores but can't recall anything specific.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Cooked Auto posted:

Beyond that I think I've seen some on 3D printer model stores but can't recall anything specific.

This is insanely frustrating because those are exactly what I want, but A) Everything is totally out of stock B) The website is abysmal, full of broken dead-end links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Cooked Auto posted:

Thank you friend! These are so freaking incredible. More flavor, detail, and coherent aesthetic than AoS by a country mile. Those snapping-turtle-kroxigors are so good :love:

I have another question, does this thread have any recommendations for good, competitive Age of Sigmar video battle reports?

I referenced reddit google results against the "list of good gamers" in the fascist thread and it looks like Rerolling Ones was the only candidate. I think they are pleasingly charismatic but I'm unsure how competitive they are.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 21, 2020