Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Quetzadilla posted:

are incompatible. Not sure how you can post a direct action meme and also wallow in electoral nihilism while we have unprecedented wildcat and rent strikes coupled with outside agitation for a general strike and the effects of this crisis haven't even peaked yet. What does direct action actually mean to you?

quote:

Politicians won't save us, they have to be dragged left kicking and screaming same as always.

to be honest i don't care which way they get dragged but this is the end of america either way, hope your mutual aid groups are training for combat or they're useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The Saucer Hovers posted:

its a tough time to be poly and have multiple beautiful girlfriends spread across the city

I am crying big tears for you prayers and thoughts

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

1.5 million today

hell yeah we did it :toot:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
help my pandemic thread has been infected by electoral politics

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol i have lice

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I have a buddy that broke up with his girlfriend (who he lives with) the night the stay at home order went out.

I'm betting someone is already writing a sitcom about it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

Ok so this:

and this:

are incompatible. Not sure how you can post a direct action meme and also wallow in electoral nihilism while we have unprecedented wildcat and rent strikes coupled with outside agitation for a general strike and the effects of this crisis haven't even peaked yet. Politicians won't save us, they have to be dragged left kicking and screaming same as always. What does direct action actually mean to you?

I sort-of went into this at the end but wasn't more clear. Basically the same pattern of "grumble and maybe non-violently protest and then vote" isn't going to get you M4A or anything to the left of where the US currently stands ever, it'll take something considerable.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

new kind of cat posted:

time for you to all move in

but my primary would eat these chicken heads alive like a carnival geek

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strep Vote posted:

Thanks for the saddest thing I'll read today.

don't count your chickens

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

all threads have congealed

this is the singularity and it sucks

Zisky
May 6, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

lol i have lice

Imagine how the CVS cashier is gonna laugh at you when you show up at the register with a lice comb, shampoo and a gallon of vodka.

Sucks though, sorry.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1247951089581817862?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/suilee/status/1247671565749108737?s=20

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

yeah take it to the succ z

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

U-DO Burger posted:

lol i have lice

lol drat that sucks

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Man Musk posted:

There was an article in The Atlantic where they interviewed one of Bernie's strategists early on. According to the Bernie campaign, they wanted to build and sustain a large plurality to ride into the party convention in this field of 20. However, irl, different candidates would drop out at different times, and bring their support to another candidate. Different factions began blobbing together and coalescing until they overwhelmed the single faction candidate, who made talking poo poo about mainstream party voters his brand. Not sure what the plan was once the field winnowed (why would lesser plurality candidates stay in the race?), get better at politics probably.

tldr; :basta:

If you're looking to the Atlantic for coherent progressive analysis you are barking up the wrong tree. Jeffrey Goldberg was a major cheerleader for invading Iraq. Bernie's electoral strategy was sound but underestimated the DNCs ability to ratfuck and obviously didn't/couldn't plan for covid.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Yeah that's not a great sign.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Liberals going to eat poo poo live on stream

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress YOU
YOU STUPID PIECE OF poo poo
gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

lol i have lice

free protein

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
For some reason Baby Elephant Walk has become my April quarantine theme.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

yeah this is bullshit! so anyway, tv shows

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Bearjew posted:

yeah take it to the succ z

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

thats right
im sayin it

lice'n'beans

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sharkie posted:

gently caress YOU
YOU STUPID PIECE OF poo poo
gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

u mad

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

thats right
im sayin it

lice'n'beans

:negative:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

univbee posted:

Compromise is bullshit. They are running one of the worst candidates possible simply because it keeps the DNC higher-ups in power, win or lose, and because they can leverage "you don't want TRUMP anymore, do you? :smug:" as an excuse. It's literally "what if 2016, but we intentionally do the same thing even worse this time?"

There is absolutely nothing Biden will do to course correct with the current poo poo-show. He's pretty much TRUMP with a D next to his name, and more competent but only during moments of lucidity. And Trump will absolutely wreck him in debates, he has so much ammo to play with.

You're not getting M4A ever, and the judicial makeup will go even more right than it already is even if Biden wins. If you're reading this message, it is guaranteed that, barring something like balkanization or a war in which America loses, the US will not get better in our lifetimes.

the political system is the only way to effect change in the world. it sucks but is how things works

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Tei posted:

the political system is the only way to effect change in the world. it sucks but is how things works

?????

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tei posted:

hahahahaahahahaha tyft

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Don't Give Up!
Group Up!

(after quarantine)

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

thats right
im sayin it

lice'n'beans

The perfect pairing to complete that bean protein

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm wary about the talk lately about loosening the lockdowns and transitioning back to normal.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Anyone who thought an election was going to save us is a loving lib and needs to gently caress off forever.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
busted: sick thread
brusted: succ thread

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

actually with recent events now is probably a good time to check your supplies. do you have enough beans?

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

time for a covid toxx thread where all the surviving posters get banned on 12/31/20

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

i am!

Heartcatch posted:

I'm wary about the talk lately about loosening the lockdowns and transitioning back to normal.

yeah, they're gearing up for a potemkin recovery. one day they'll just stop releasing test numbers, but the tests will be so scaled back most people won't even notice. meanwhile the wildfire continues to burn through us

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
test post to see if i lost all my AV stuff

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
mother fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

CODChimera posted:

actually with recent events now is probably a good time to check your supplies. do you have enough beans?

I have enough food in my house to feed my partner and I for six months, and still feel like I don't have enough supplies.