Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Asema posted:

The moment Sanders drops out suddenly you can vote in the primary through mail-in ballot.

Huh just kinda, weird how things work out

source?

EDIT: Dog embodying the attitude of this thread tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

marshmonkey posted:

That's weird, I thought bullying works?

I guess if you're modeling Biden, it does. Makes sense that if you're promoting Biden, as you are, you'd want to promote bullying as well.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1247948141871206400

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

ITT people blaming everyone for Bernie dropping out other than the fact that people didn’t go out and vote for him.

Time is flat circle that grows ever smaller. Welcome back to 2016, my friend. It missed you dearly.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1247929924498923524

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm sorry, but Trump has broken me so loving much over these past four years that anyone else is preferable.

I'm not trying to defend Biden, he's definitely a rapist, but I don't want another four years with Trump.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Willo567 posted:

I'm sorry, but Trump has broken me so loving much over these past four years that anyone else is preferable.

I'm not trying to defend Biden, he's definitely a rapist, but I don't want another four years with Trump.

Neither do we

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Arist posted:

My primary didn't even happen yet

That’s a discussion for the party to have a nationwide primary day, which is a good idea.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fair enough. But also Sanders hasn't dropped out. Yes I know, suspended campaign etc. but it's not the same thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Her second half is incredibly stupid, but she is undoubtedly correct that 90% of Sanders voters will vote for Biden for little or no issue and that a certain group was never reachable.

Somewhere around 85% of Democrats in early March said that they were fine with either nominee.

There's not a ton of Bernie hate or Biden hate amongst most rank and file voters.

I pretty much agree with this but that doesn't mean that the republican leaning upscale suburban voters who didn't vote for Hillary are going to vote for Biden. Republicans came home in 2016 and I'm not sure why they wouldn't do the same thing in 2020...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1247848610936602624

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

Nobody in this thread wants Trump. But you lash attacking out at people who are in that position just makes things even worse because you just immediately dismiss all criticism and talking points instead of understanding why people are frustrated.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I mean...this sounds pretty good? Other than maybe not being enough money?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Asema posted:

The moment Sanders drops out suddenly you can vote in the primary through mail-in ballot.

They announced that they were planning on doing this on March 28th.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/york-presidential-primary-state-grapples-record-numbers-coronavirus/story?id=69807852

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

I pretty much agree with this but that doesn't mean that the republican leaning upscale suburban voters who didn't vote for Hillary are going to vote for Biden. Republicans came home in 2016 and I'm not sure why they wouldn't do the same thing in 2020...

Independents are just people ashamed to say they are Republicans at this point.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm very curious, given how there are now multiple forecasts of a recession, 10 million+ unemployment, negative GDP growth, and a stock market that is not in touch with reality will do to the general election.

e: There is no goddamn way a second stimulus gets passed

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Yuzenn posted:

There is no more progressive movements in 2024, or 2028 or any other year without the SC. I don't know how more clear this can be made, the progressive movement is already near death and is absolutely dead if there is any more ground ceded.

there is no reason to trust Biden to do anything to address this. the actual answer is to loving abolish the SC as its a corrupt and archaic institution. failing that pack it to the gills, which is something a full throated progressive may espouse. bernie at least entertained the idea that the court as is was bad. biden assuredly will not pack the court, and will pick centrist options that will roll over to trumps ideologues.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The biggest thing I've noticed in the past few years is previously very comfortable white liberals suddenly feeling powerless and hopeless. They see someone in charge that very actively wants to screw them over.

Guess what? If you are a minority in the US your entire life has been that way. You haven't had the luxury of purity tests for candidates because they are all poo poo. La migra didn't start rolling up on my family when Obama was elected. That poo poo has been going on since before I was born. You vote to limit the damage in the short term and work for change locally mid term. Hopefully you survive long term. That's what life is like. Welcome to the party, now shut the gently caress up and vote the fascists out of office.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Asema posted:

Ha I try and tell people this all the time. Saying you’re independent these days is the same as saying “I’m not racist, but...”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

No election reform?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Arist posted:

Dude, I've watched almost all of the debates. That I can't name a single substantive policy of Biden's is a loving problem.

imo that's more an indictment of how awful the debates are formatted and moderated than Biden himself.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Angry_Ed posted:

Fair enough. But also Sanders hasn't dropped out. Yes I know, suspended campaign etc. but it's not the same thing.

Sanders is 100% going to drop out unless Biden actually croaks. He is staying in to get leverage and be able to make demands but he will absolutely eject the moment that seriously starts the threaten to split vote.

Edit: Sorry if this primary chat, I will not continue it further.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Asema posted:

Over hundreds of samples irl, I have never met an "independent" that wasn't right-leaning.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol and people still can’t pay their goddamned rent and won’t even be able to when the peanuts are flung at us in a few weeks

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Paradoxish posted:

Like, I'm not going to make any predictions about how November will go. I don't know. We're living through unprecedented times right now, and the world may look very strange by the time the end of the year rolls around.

That said, if you're thinking of telling someone "I know he may be a rapist, but think of the courts" then just stop. Maybe don't say anything if you can't in good conscience tell people that Joe Biden is, in fact, not a rapist. Because this is one area where trying to say that Trump is worse is definitely not going to work.

I dreamed a dream of a govt that cared about shunning creeps and protecting women's rights. So different from this hell I'm living.

e: tax was paid

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

there is no reason to trust Biden to do anything to address this. the actual answer is to loving abolish the SC as its a corrupt and archaic institution. failing that pack it to the gills, which is something a full throated progressive may espouse. bernie at least entertained the idea that the court as is was bad. biden assuredly will not pack the court, and will pick centrist options that will roll over to trumps ideologues.

Comparing your guess/prediction over the known outcome of Trump winning.

Hmm.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1247935379648413700

The Bernie or Buster people are proving Lindsey Graham right

It's perfectly reasonable to expect Biden to not drop Bernie's policies if he expects Bernie's voters to vote for him.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

mcmagic posted:

No election reform?

National vote by mail is included in the draft stimulus bill they released.

The first stimulus bill included $500 million to support states doing it, but didn't fully fund or require it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Telsa Cola posted:

Sanders is 100% going to drop out unless Biden actually croaks. He is staying in to get leverage and be able to make demands but he will absolutely eject the moment that seriously starts the threaten to split vote.

I mean, yeah, but my point is he's still staying in until the convention for leverage.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Spite posted:

The biggest thing I've noticed in the past few years is previously very comfortable white liberals suddenly feeling powerless and hopeless. They see someone in charge that very actively wants to screw them over.

Guess what? If you are a minority in the US your entire life has been that way. You haven't had the luxury of purity tests for candidates because they are all poo poo. La migra didn't start rolling up on my family when Obama was elected. That poo poo has been going on since before I was born. You vote to limit the damage in the short term and work for change locally mid term. Hopefully you survive long term. That's what life is like. Welcome to the party, now shut the gently caress up and vote the fascists out of office.

vote your family into a camp with a smile in your heart. Biden 2020

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean...this sounds pretty good? Other than maybe not being enough money?

Distributed how

Because Donnie Dipshit is going to grift away all money that is placed in control of the executive

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

National vote by mail is included in the draft stimulus bill they released.

Good. But there is no way in a billion years that Trump will sign it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Please advise of your alternative to the supreme court system, which every other western democracy has. These things are necessary for interpreting laws. Lifetime appointments in the states are loving dumb though.

As mentioned earlier, Biden was essential in recommending two excellent SC picks for Obama, but is now going to pick rollover centrists for some reason. You have no loving basis for this opinion at all.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I will crawl over broken glass to vote for Biden despite him being my last choice in the Dem
Primary. What's happening now in Trump's administration is unconscionable. It's killing more people; I will choose for fewer to die.

Same, but I will not fault anyone for not doing it. But to get back on topic...

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What is dick tales

Is it a good show

Scrooge McDuck's corporate managers are literally vultures, and he barely tolerated them :capitalism:

It's a good show

Also Webby (the girl duck) is a weird super spy now)

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Spite posted:

Welcome to the party, now shut the gently caress up and vote the [way I tell you to].

Cool, thanks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Asema posted:

They always have been

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Paradoxish posted:

I don't know why this is so hard to understand, but the trauma of literally being present when federal agents are trying to get into your classroom and possibly deport your friends tends to override other considerations. Likewise, I am not going to loving tell my girlfriend that she should vote for someone she sees as a rapist.

If this is the best you can do, then we really are going to lose because these are bad loving arguments.

I mean, I think single issue voting is a plague, so I don't really have a response to single issue voters other than they need to not do so.

Like, Biden being a potential rapist is really lovely but unless you think Warren or Bernie would promise to drag him away in chains they would likely be complicit in not doing anything about it. The entire Democratic field and every Justice Dem could be dragged for not broadcasting the rape accusation in every public statement.

I do not think there was a way to vote for any viable candidate at the national level that would not be a positive outcome for Biden wrt rape charges.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Asema posted:

It's easier to have a ballot with no choices on it.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

WoodrowSkillson posted:

You know Trump WILL do the worst of the scenarios. There is at least a chance that Biden will do things advantageous to the causes. Whether or not he does is not something I can predict cause I'm not a time traveler, but I do know what path Trump takes us down.

You aren't wrong about the SC and it needs to go, but short of that it's here and it has to be dealt with in the parameters we currently have.

poo poo man maybe Biden dies in office and we get Stacy Abrams or someone as president, idk....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

the new ducktales show owns, and Scrooge is a "adventure capitalist" which is a great pun, I don't care what anyone says.