Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

facetoucher cat posted:

The comcast tech installing the new upstairs neighbors internet just asked me from the side of my porch if I had to listen to "their little nasty dogs bark all day" I just looked at him with a straight face and said I might need bail money soon. I thought he was going to piss himself because he laughed so much and it wasn't even that funny

Now he's talking to himself while hooking up some cables about how he hates little dogs around the corner and I'm pretty sure that the ladies upstairs hear him

I should ask him to bump up my internet speed

People with little dogs that bark all day are not doing any training and are probably keeping them crated all day, right?

I lived with someone in college that kept their dog caged all day, little fella yelped nonstop.

In hindsight I shouldn't have gotten pissed when he peed in my bed. Wasn't his fault.

I think he got hit by a car eventually.

Bad dog owners suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I haven't had lunch yet so that Bean Cone looks genuinely delicious.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJOIIEQF_xs

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Makes something that makes people come out of their homes to see to send home the point that they shouldn't leave their homes

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

that IMHE model is currently predicting that the UK will have several thousand more deaths than the US. That doesn't seem right to me!

eta: with fewer total beds needed and fewer ICU beds needed

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

arent deaths caused by immune response in a lot of cases? doesn't that imply the formation of antibodies?

its the bodys over response to a massive infection it doesn’t have much to do with antibody formation

this plasma poo poo is going to go nowhere its just more bullshit key jangling in the middle of a crisis

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

thought it was an onion article

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mummy Xzibit posted:

People with little dogs that bark all day are not doing any training and are probably keeping them crated all day, right?

I lived with someone in college that kept their dog caged all day, little fella yelped nonstop.

In hindsight I shouldn't have gotten pissed when he peed in my bed. Wasn't his fault.

I think he got hit by a car eventually.

Bad dog owners suck.

Ugh that's terrible. They're home all day but their dogs are just awful and they let them poo poo all over the grass next to my porch too. The ppl in my neighborhood are terrible dog owners that expect ppl to clean up after them. They've been here for under a week and I'm already trying to move. I honestly just hate dogs because I've yet to meet an owner who actually cares for the dog properly

No I take it back, cattle dogs on a farm. That's it

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

she should sever imo, I don't trust that dude with the bean hoard.

Syncopated has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Apr 8, 2020

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Is that our space force or someone else's

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
White and his colleagues at the Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit wondered whether widely available drugs could help. They have designed a trial in which 40,000 doctors and nurses in Asia, Africa, and Europe will prophylactically receive chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, two old drugs against malaria. White hopes the trial will start this month, but its launch has been “incredibly difficult because of bureaucratic processes,” he says

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Nurse Fanny posted:

its the bodys over response to a massive infection it doesn’t have much to do with antibody formation

this plasma poo poo is going to go nowhere its just more bullshit key jangling in the middle of a crisis

I remember hearing that the antibodies in plasma from recovered patients worked well in China as a treatment back in January so I'm inclined to believe it probably does work.

I don't know how many people you can treat from one person's plasma donation though, so unless we can reprogram a bunch of e. coli to poo poo out antibodies en mass in the next couple of weeks it won't make much of a difference.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

brugroffil posted:

that IMHE model is currently predicting that the UK will have several thousand more deaths than the US. That doesn't seem right to me!

eta: with fewer total beds needed and fewer ICU beds needed

I didn't think uk would hit a grand a day this fast

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
In My Hopeless Estimation model

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Son of Man posted:

I know BoJo was all "herd immunity" for far too long, but didn't they start locking down right around the same time (parts of) the US did? How is this model thinking they're going to need 5-6x the resources per capita of the US?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Son of Man posted:

There will be tomes and tomes of historical writing about how people in this time and culture are enormous gluttons who cannot shut the gently caress up about food and recipes and poo poo for five minutes

lol at the idea that the ancients wouldn't have the exact same conversation, probably be more open about setting up orgies

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

facetoucher cat posted:

Ugh that's terrible. They're home all day but their dogs are just awful and they let them poo poo all over the grass next to my porch too. The ppl in my neighborhood are terrible dog owners that expect ppl to clean up after them. They've been here for under a week and I'm already trying to move. I honestly just hate dogs because I've yet to meet an owner who actually cares for the dog properly

No I take it back, cattle dogs on a farm. That's it

Hell you're probably right. We treat animals really lovely. I have two dogs on three acres and even that's probably like prison to a wild animal

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

brugroffil posted:

I know BoJo was all "herd immunity" for far too long, but didn't they start locking down right around the same time (parts of) the US did? How is this model thinking they're going to need 5-6x the resources per capita of the US?

the model’s a piece of poo poo designed for PR purposes, hth

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

we discovered our kids had lice last month right after school got cancelled and our efforts to kill them apparently weren't enough

this was not the plague i signed up for

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Son of Man posted:

Bojo delaying closure really set things on a bad track.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

the model’s a piece of poo poo designed for PR purposes, hth

:thunk:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Relevant Tangent posted:

lol at the idea that the ancients wouldn't have the exact same conversation, probably be more open about setting up orgies

I agree, I imagine the ancient Romans were having very similar conversations shortly before their decadent empire collapsed

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Son of Man posted:

Hell you're probably right. We treat animals really lovely. I have two dogs on three acres and even that's probably like prison to a wild animal

Fwiw even when my dog has open access to big areas of space he just marks everywhere then wants to go back to the car.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Basic Poster posted:

Cocaine Mitch and his China family :bahgawd:

Seriously though. MAAD is actually a thing again. A lot of the last 50 years has been the US designing and deploying missile defense all over, and while the efficacy of such can and should be debated is seemingly negated now by Russia and China demonstrating hypersonic capable vehicles that can carry nuke warheads. This means that the ballistics c missile defense systems deployed literally all around the exterior of Russia and China don't mean Jack poo poo if your interceptors can't catch them. Lasers and rail guns are indeed a thing but don't really tip the scales in terms of nuclear deterrence...but hypersonic icbms sure as gently caress do.

The US has yet to solve the problem of hypersonic heat shielding and China and Russia have demonstrated that they have in both atmospheric and orbital re-entry contexts.

you're giving me too much hope that Russia and China could destroy the US of AmeriKKKa

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Bojo delaying closure really set things on a bad track.

For him!! Yuk yuk yuk

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
So glad I chose to do a beer run yesterday afternoon; perfect timing.

Enjoy the apocalypse everyone

:cheers:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1247965820610908160

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
im gay

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

welcome back, whoever you are

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Basic Poster posted:

Cocaine Mitch and his China family :bahgawd:

Seriously though. MAAD is actually a thing again. A lot of the last 50 years has been the US designing and deploying missile defense all over, and while the efficacy of such can and should be debated is seemingly negated now by Russia and China demonstrating hypersonic capable vehicles that can carry nuke warheads. This means that the ballistics c missile defense systems deployed literally all around the exterior of Russia and China don't mean Jack poo poo if your interceptors can't catch them. Lasers and rail guns are indeed a thing but don't really tip the scales in terms of nuclear deterrence...but hypersonic icbms sure as gently caress do.

The US has yet to solve the problem of hypersonic heat shielding and China and Russia have demonstrated that they have in both atmospheric and orbital re-entry contexts.

I don’t see what Kendrick Lamar has to do with any of this

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Really hope Brady Snuder enjoyed his last spring break.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Good for you, I hope it continues to bring you confidence and may you find a partner worthy of your love.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this owns

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Spergin Morlock posted:

welcome back, whoever you are

this was the last webzone on the internet where my name wasn't this/a version of this so it's actually kinda nice tbh

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/viaCristiano/status/1247969052544372737
im hootin n hollerin

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Back to work, slackers!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1247949932373426176?s=21

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
do not toxx for covid anymore, too much money 2 lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Remember that developing countries have even less resources for mass testing than the US does so the undercount is super bad there. Ecuador's a yellow dot on here but a dude pointed out that Google searches for "I can't smell" in Ecuador have shot up more than any other country in the world and that this has had an extremely strong correlation with the prevalence of the virus.