Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Yeah, it took me forever to realize that not all horses count as riding horses.

Also, It's a few pages back, but it really is no fun slaughtering your way through militia, so I'm hoping that high levels in rogue will eventually let you take castles with bribes and treachery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nosre posted:

it's dumb that all horses (including Sumpters) are called 'horse' at the top of the tooltip, but there's a 2nd 'horse' label down at the bottom which is the one that matters

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

the awesomeness of that outweighs the double labels though

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Lol that a tier 3 horse takes 90 loving skill lol

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I think your horse has a tumor

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mount & Blade Bannerlord: Horse type: Horse

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Nosre posted:

it's dumb that all horses (including Sumpters) are called 'horse' at the top of the tooltip, but there's a 2nd 'horse' label down at the bottom which is the one that matters

its deffinitely a loving programmer that wrote that more than a designer, or a programmer turned designer. like "Wow, I can't understand why people get confused by my Variable of type variable interacting with my Method of type method in this Class that I named class!!!111!"

that's why we get loving Horse of the type Horse of the object class Horse.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yeah, I made a new battanian after getting rolled over and over and I guess I'll just dismount for combat.

I know about sumpters, but thanks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
As someone who had no idea what a "Sumpter horse" was I totally thought it was a horse and not a mule.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lol that a tier 3 horse takes 90 loving skill lol

Probably my biggest complaint about the game at this point is how hard it is to level skills. Once you get a skill to level 60 or so, your skill gains get so ridiculously slow with all the skills I've tried to level, even with two or three focus points dumped into them. Skills appear to go up to 275 and beyond but it feels like I could conquer Calradia and not get a single skill to 90. Which doesn't feel good considering high-tier troops and good companions can easily have skills in the 150-200 range.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Yeah with the xp mod 3 or 4x seems to put it at about Warband progression. I was doing 5 and it only seemed slightly fast, if at all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nosre posted:

Yeah you need a horse type horse rather than just a horse.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Sumpter still adds a tiny bit of speed versus not having one it seems.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Gonna jump on my horse horse and ride out to buy the $1000000 crossbow

Fake edit: sorry for complaining

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Do your stats do anything other than raise their related learning caps? Like, does more swole mean I deal more damage? It doesn't seem so but I thought I would check.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Ms Adequate posted:

Do your stats do anything other than raise their related learning caps? Like, does more swole mean I deal more damage? It doesn't seem so but I thought I would check.

Just for learning afaik

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Gonna jump on my horse horse and ride out to buy the $1000000 crossbow

Fake edit: sorry for complaining

I'll drink from your skull!!!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gonna take my horse: horse to the ocs hall rogue

throwing rocks till i can't no more

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Popoto posted:

that's why we get loving Horse of the type Horse of the object class Horse.

Well, at least it's consistent.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ms Adequate posted:

You can press the "i" button next to a skill to see its exact effects at your level. For instance, I've got 58 riding on my character and the effects of that are

• Max Mlmount difficulty: 58
  • Horse speed: +11.6
  • Horse Maneuver: +2.3

The focus points, as far as I know, don't directly contribute to your stats, they just increase the rate of skill gain and the cap for that skill. Same with attribute points.

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
Does recruiting from your prisoners cost you morale? I know that used to be a thing but you don't seem to get the morale alerts in this one.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

When you create a new party with one of your companions from your party and they automatically have troops are they pulling them from the garrison of your castle/city?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah, that was out of nowhere. They literally just patched it out too, as people were abusing it for instant armies.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Probably they should change it so that it becomes Item type: Mount and, Mount Type: Horse, or Camel or Pack.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Ardent Communist posted:

Probably they should change it so that it becomes Item type: Mount and, Mount Type: Horse, or Camel or Pack.

No it should say Mount Type: Mount and, Mount Type Type: Mount (Horse Mount) (Camel Mount) (Pack Mount)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mount type: blade

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

dogstile posted:

Nah, that was out of nowhere. They literally just patched it out too, as people were abusing it for instant armies.

Okay, noticed that last game, was wondering what happened haha.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Going into my Windows sound options and turning off my speakers' effects made the game run much smoother.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

No it should say Mount Type: Mount and, Mount Type Type: Mount (Horse Mount) (Camel Mount) (Pack Mount)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No camel armor yet eh? I see theres a camel saddle but it only has 10 armor.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

just put mules camels and sumpters into a new item category called pack animals, there problem solved

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So there I was, adventuring through the desert for a heavy executioner's axe, and generally minding my own business when the guys I'm pledged to as a merc declare war on the Aserai.

Cool. Great timing.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is there any real reason not to go deep into a blend of heavy infantry with tons of foot archers? Foot archers kind of gently caress up everything, including elite horse archers which are otherwise pretty difficult to deal with

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is there any real reason not to go deep into a blend of heavy infantry with tons of foot archers? Foot archers kind of gently caress up everything, including elite horse archers which are otherwise pretty difficult to deal with

It isn't

O P T I M A L

But I do the same. My force is generally 30% archers, 50% infantry, 20% cav

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I've reached the stage where I'm just going around grabbing up all the recruits and filling my castle garrisons with them. Then I'm going to train them all up to elite troops so I have hundreds of elite troops I can grab. Then I am going to take over the world and take a break so they can do some more EAing before I burn out again.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Edit: Nevermind, my mistake.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Not that I'm aware of which is a shame cos I'd like it if they did, it'd add a bit more flavour to them rather than them just being scattershot unlimited skill tags.

No that's kind of the optimal army composition, much like real life. You want good line infantry to hold off enemies and storm fortifications, you want archers so you can shoot the enemy, and you want some cav to head off the enemy cav and strike specific targets, like the enemy archer blob. You can run gimmick armies but a solid mix of core infantry, archers, and cav is the ideal versatile force.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 8, 2020

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

getting to that point can be a little rough, otherwise eh?

a melee cav heavy force can be an issue, but at that point you can expect losses anyway

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that's the thing, if you're running a huge army then yeah you probably want it to look like that, but you probably aren't doing that, so there's a lot of time when you want to be picking specific small forces to do specific jobs, which is where your all cav force or your all archer force come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I run archer heavy armies with a core of shielded infantry. Their job isn't really to do anything except absorb arrows and cav charges.