Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Inceltown posted:

Guess how you get hazard pay. You strike. Why would the boss pay you more for work you're already doing now?

With unemployment so high why would they keep people threatening a strike?

Wages aren't going to increase for at least a decade after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

At the factory I work new guidelines have been put in place today. These guidelines are specifically to protect management from us filthy people on the floor. We are no longer allowed to talk to them in person, it can only be done over a phone. They have also installed plexiglass in the entrance that we must walk through that divides us from management's hallway. A bathroom has also been deemed as off limits to all but management.

The factory floor workers are livid.

Time for a strike.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Kiss of death upstaging the big boy like that

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

This is happening all over and is not being reported on. Social media is full of stories.

much like biden's rape of tara read the fact that the media isn't reporting on it is proof that it's fake news

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

shovelbum posted:

They live together, if one of them has it they both have it, right

Do you trust people
- Not lie
- Not do stupid poo poo

i don't trust people to that.

you can't go around making exceptions. everyone need to obey the rules so everyone is safe.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1248022865955426423?s=21

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't imagine strikes going well for anyone that isn't unionized with ironclad contracts. 40 million unemployed on the market right now.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Everyone crack pings in their own unique way

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1248023231639900166

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

With unemployment so high why would they keep people threatening a strike?

Wages aren't going to increase for at least a decade after this.

Depends on the work, replacing workers still cost money.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

ahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaahahaha

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

jesus loving christ

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Over Easy posted:

so when will the wave of optimism that has swept our popular media and number markets this week be dashed by reality?

when we're all dead

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't imagine strikes going well for anyone that isn't unionized with ironclad contracts. 40 million unemployed on the market right now.

most unions can't strike if they have an active CBA. we can only strike when it expires and a new one isn't ratified.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lmao :qq:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/KevinCate/status/1247943621506224135

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

here are some other reactions for you:

wow!
huge if true!

wait wtf?

sooooo......

remember?

trunb

make your bed

no cumshitter not there

mods knew

huge week coming up

oops wrong thread

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
My "I Never Traded on Confidential Coronavirus Information" op-ed has a lot of people asking questions already answered in my op-ed.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Linda Tripp died...WITH pancreatic cancer.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Asproigerosis posted:

idk if it made national news but here in Nevada, Clark County (the vegas one) suspended all of its union contracts summarily, with zero legal basis for it, in response to the crisis

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Do they play My Heart Will Go On when someone dies to the roni?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

people who cough into their hands are monsters

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I imagine there will be a lot of people who everyone sort of knows about who are going to die from this

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my wife works at a skilled nursing facility in MA and the national guard came to test their suspected covids, did the tests wrong, left, and are now refusing to come back lmaoooo

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I know I hyped this last night, but the first five minutes of this are extremely precious covid19 content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmMRSTUeAs

Title card: “April 15, 2020”

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Captain "Linda" Tripps

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

my wife works at a skilled nursing facility in MA and the national guard came to test their suspected covids, did the tests wrong, left, and are now refusing to come back lmaoooo

lmao

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Studio posted:

Hey, there was a pretty good article here that talked about how Cuomo handled Covid in NY badly, and looking past his appearances he actually sucks poo poo. Anyone have a link to that article (or if there's multiple, any article like that)!

I don't even know how anyone's getting fooled in the first place. People keep saying its because New Yorks so demse but Hong Komg and San Fran are dense as poo poo too. He and De Blasio waited two weeks too long to shut everything down and then did it half-assedly everything explodes while California which shut down early is bad but isn't more than any other country on the planet by itself bad has poo poo more under control but he cries on camera and because the media's all based in New York he''s somehow this genius leader while he tries to cut medicaid during a loving pandemic.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mad Wack posted:

I recall reading about Georgia sending their guard out to nursing homes and all I could think was what the gently caress are they going to do to help. Turns out, not much!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Does anyone remember the Sleeping Dogs DLC where everyone has to fight to the death and everyone swears to each other that the winner will kill the bad guy?

Channel that energy in your day to day life.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Why are these places using Zoom? An app I've never head of before. Instead of say Skype?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

juche avocado posted:

huge week coming up

claiming this one

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Why are these places using Zoom? An app I've never head of before. Instead of say Skype?

it is my understanding that when schools all started going remote Zoom offered them free licenses

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

OhFunny posted:

what is this post from 2010

Skype doesnt even exist anymore Microsoft turned it into Teams lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OhFunny posted:

Because upper management get excited about new IT products and want to be in the cool crowd.

Plus buzzwords like Zoom helps companies maintain productivity momentum while WFH!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

what is this post from 2010

Skype doesnt even exist anymore Microsoft turned it into Teams lol

I used Skype for business today?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I don't even know how anyone's getting fooled in the first place. People keep saying its because New Yorks so demse but Hong Komg and San Fran are dense as poo poo too. He and De Blasio waited two weeks too long to shut everything down and then did it half-assedly everything explodes while California which shut down early is bad but isn't more than any other country on the planet by itself bad has poo poo more under control but he cries on camera and because the media's all based in New York he''s somehow this genius leader while he tries to cut medicaid during a loving pandemic.

He's on TV constantly (at least in the NY/NJ region) and his press conferences are more lucid than Biden's 2-minute video calls if he's even still doing that and less stupid than Trump's bullshit. That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

I used Skype for business today?

ah I guess it's not dead yet but is being sunsetted over time by MS in favor of Teams