Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

OhFunny posted:

Why are these places using Zoom? An app I've never head of before. Instead of say Skype?

Zoom has been ridiculously popular for remote meetings for years, at least in my experience of several years doing fully remote work for a ton of companies. It's really uncommon for someone to tell me to use Skype/Teams or basically anything else.

edit- no I don't know why either I hate it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm glad my work is stuff regulatory examiners look at when they do their audits so as a matter of rear end-covering my entire department does as much through email as possible and conference calls are at most a monthly thing, with meetings maybe once a quarter.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

OhFunny posted:

Why are these places using Zoom? An app I've never head of before. Instead of say Skype?

lmao you haven't been using teleconferencing software in like 5 years

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Paradoxish posted:

Zoom has been ridiculously popular for remote meetings for years, at least in my experience of several years doing fully remote work for a ton of companies. It's really uncommon for someone to tell me to use Skype/Teams or basically anything else.

We use Teams at work and just LOL at getting anyone who doesn't use it every day to use that steaming pile of horseshit without every meeting organizer literally having to do tech support for half the attendees.

Zoom isn't perfect, but it's way better than Teams for folks who aren't used to it.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Do they play My Heart Will Go On when someone dies to the roni?

https://twitter.com/partiboi69/status/1247893600089698308

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Woo running a 99 fever and got tightness in the chest. No cough but if I get covid because my girlfriends sister had to get her hair dyed and it turned s out she's been banging random dudes on tinder, just lol what a way to go

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

those are rich person fonts

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Woo running a 99 fever and got tightness in the chest. No cough but if I get covid because my girlfriends sister had to get her hair dyed and it turned s out she's been banging random dudes on tinder, just lol what a way to go

horny will prevail

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Skype for B is on prem. Teams is in the butt.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

getting laid (to rest)

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jetz0r posted:

horny will prevail

all of human history in a single sentence:
horny will prevail

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

SardonicTyrant posted:

Does anyone remember the Sleeping Dogs DLC where everyone has to fight to the death and everyone swears to each other that the winner will kill the bad guy?

Channel that energy in your day to day life.

That was a great game and they baffling decided to try to make the sequel a MMO.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, we use Zoom for anything vendor related and also for conference calls with our satellite offices. I guess it's a tiny bit better than Bluejeans..

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Someone please keep a running tab of these 'i might have the roni'' posts so we can have a body count in a few weeks when they all stop posting

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Mike the TV posted:

Someone please keep a running tab of these 'i might have the roni'' posts so we can have a body count in a few weeks when they all stop posting

toxx for life

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

OhFunny posted:

zoom has better integration with slack apparently

my bony fealty posted:

ah I guess it's not dead yet but is being sunsetted over time by MS in favor of Teams

microsoft bought skype so it could turn it into "microsoft teams"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

my bony fealty posted:

what is this post from 2010

Skype doesnt even exist anymore Microsoft turned it into Teams lol

Paradoxish posted:

mod sassinator posted:

lmao you haven't been using teleconferencing software in like 5 years

Well well it looks it is I who is not am not tech savvy.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
are the military dudes responding to covid wearing their full like "gonna fight in this here nerve gas cloud while waiting to get turned into a mushroom cloud" outfits

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

shovelbum posted:

are the military dudes responding to covid wearing their full like "gonna fight in this here nerve gas cloud while waiting to get turned into a mushroom cloud" outfits

Too busy beating their wives

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

zoom has better integration with slack apparently

microsoft bought skype so it could turn it into "microsoft teams"

Microsoft bought Skype because the NSA wanted to get rid of their end to end encryption that was preventing them from eavesdropping on Skype calls, lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Mike the TV posted:

If they intubate me, I will let the forums know before my family. Give me 4 days and if I dont respond, I'm a confirmed dead from covid goon

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mike the TV posted:

ive' started but i often miss like 1000 posts at a time

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
corona ceder over FaceTime went as well as it could , makes only children finding the afikomen a breeze however Elijah was practicing proper social distancing because that dude is probably a carrier

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Can't really figure out Maryland's shtick here beyond "lol EMTs are disposable"

They're taking it real serious like, talking about using ambulance strike forces to empty out nursing homes, possibly sending ICU go teams to upgrade SNFs into ICUs, etc. Seems like they are taking it seriously, and then...

N95s are only for if the patient is getting nebulizer treatments, suction, etc. or in cardiac arrest.

Everything else, simple facemask.

Very excited to sit in the roni box with the roni patient, wearing my simple surgical mask.

Paramemetic has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Apr 9, 2020

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

wow I’m sorry your girlfriend's been banging random dudes on tinder

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

Microsoft bought Skype because the NSA wanted to get rid of their end to end encryption that was preventing them from eavesdropping on Skype calls, lol

also seems a plausible explanation for why microsoft paid a kajillion dollars for it then sat on it and did nothing

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
so why the huge drop in cases today across tons of states? is testing down again? im worried they're massaging the numbers to push the "open may 1" agenda

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao what the hell, he isnt doing anything to "handle" it but go on tv

Well, keep in mind he's being compared to Trump's response...

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

charity rereg posted:

so why the huge drop in cases today across tons of states? is testing down again? im worried they're massaging the numbers to push the "open may 1" agenda

Because there's light at the end of the tunnel babeeee.

Why would you doubt the official numbers??????

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao what the hell, he isnt doing anything to "handle" it but go on tv
He's trying to keep Trump from deciding coronavirus doesn't exist, which is a full time job.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

charity rereg posted:

We're winning, it's going down to 0

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

:patriot:

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Zoom doesn't require authentication, literally no password or username. That was the original sell I believe, no messy security.

Hence their current issue.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

charity rereg posted:

If you seriously believe that cases increase indefinitely, there's no point in social distancing. The measures are working in states that take things seriously. The issue has always been that once things die down, everyone still can't go back to normal beause cases could explode out of control again.

Literally everyone outside of CSPAM wants things to be open by May 1. Unless it gets so bad that the streets are lined with dead bodies (and even then), they don't need to "push" that agenda. We're probably going to be open May 15-30, even liberal normies who have been responsible think that.

ChipNDip has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Apr 9, 2020

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

charity rereg posted:

LOL

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

As a Sheetz guy, nobody better stuff my mortal remains in a Wawa truck. I will haunt the gently caress out of it

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

it is insanely suspicious that testing positive numbers peaked on friday, dropped (as is normal on saturday and sunday), but are now maintaining their weekend-lows

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

working hard, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This doesn't depress me anymore, it just reminds me how much I miss going to Wawa.

Which does depress me, gently caress!!!!