Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Farm Frenzy posted:

is this guys dad who i think it is

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wrex Ruckus posted:

what the gently caress is this lol

One of lowtax’s many attempts to drive people from his website

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Antonymous posted:

lol jesus this parachute still has cancer lmao

lol

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I don't know if it's the lib in me talking but i'd be happier id Trump was upfront about trying to murder us

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Antonymous posted:

mods, this is one disease I do not want cured

lol

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

RIP Syndrome posted:

to be clear from the standpoint of this c-spam thread, what we're living through now is the spread of a new disease that could be with us forever plus actual collapse, and it's very concerning. i'm not sure what kind of take that qualifies as but i'd be hard pressed to offer anything more insightful at this point

if it makes you feel better "collapse" means collapse like the soviet union died. which like, yeah a good amount of people died but not EVERYONE died

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SardonicTyrant posted:

I don't know if it's the lib in me talking but i'd be happier id Trump was upfront about trying to murder us

How much fuckin clearer does he need to make it

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Man Musk posted:

Here’s video of the Venezuela Navy attacking the cruise ship and taking on water

https://twitter.com/happeningnow__/status/1246615274096193536?s=21

This owns

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
omg whats the thread title from

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Lady Militant posted:

if it makes you feel better "collapse" means collapse like the soviet union died. which like, yeah a good amount of people died but not EVERYONE died

also the same guys standing by waiting for their chance to not make it worse at all

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1248094083492560898
barr is gonna invade your bedroom for multiple reasons

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

my girlfriend's aunt died today. she was in stable but serious condition for a while, looked to be recovering, got sent home sunday, and died at home. her husband is in critical condition also (not intubated yet though afaik) and they have a 16-year old kid :(

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

this rules, i live in the area these poles are and i've not found yeast at stores for a weeks but we still have plenty of flour, and to keep a sourdough starter going, you have to toss like half or more of it out every day or something, putting it up where people can use it when there's no yeast instead of just throwing it away is good. i found and used some to leaven my pizza dough yesterday. and made my wife and myself a chorizo and anaheim pepper pizza with pesto sauce for like 3 dollars in ingredients. i guess i'm supposed to be keeping it alive instead of just using it, but whatever, as long as people keep stapling to light poles and as long as i don't have yeast but need some, i'm gonna just grab some and use it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

One of lowtax’s many attempts to drive people from his website

He will never get rid of me. If the forums shut down I am going to drive to his house and tape hastily written posts to his garage door

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

my girlfriend's aunt died today. she was in stable but serious condition for a while, looked to be recovering, got sent home sunday, and died at home. her husband is in critical condition also (not intubated yet though afaik) and they have a 16-year old kid :(

That sucks man :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JenKOMOProducer/status/1248088923483455488

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

got any sevens posted:

a real policy in a New York area hospital

Evil_Greven posted:

curiously there was a small study of extremely reduced caloric intake over a prolonged period that appeared to reverse type-2 diabetes in some participants for at least a period of time

sounds like a potential goon project

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1248071070260707333

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Did schools start teaching people to call 911 only in the 1990s or something? Because saying "Call 911!" all through that article is the only way I can deal with it

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Apr 9, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

got any sevens posted:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1247989202727383043

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

FAUXTON posted:

boug term for "I forgot I was cooking rice"

Lol its literally rice gruel its not bougie at all

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

FAUXTON posted:

boug term for "I forgot I was cooking rice"

you dont know any chinese people, huh?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

my wife and I really dodged a bullet. we were supposed to travel to Denver on March 16 to visit family and for work. trip got cancelled last minute. last week we learned that the cousin we intended to stay with tested positive. she's doing fine now, but close call.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Zeno-25 posted:

What the hell is congee?

Is this a ligma joke?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

upgunned shitpost posted:

rice porridge, kinda... but you put dinner stuff in it instead of brown sugar

Why would you do that to perfectly good rice? Sounds terrible

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Zeno-25 posted:

Why would you do that to perfectly good rice? Sounds terrible

this is a very bad bit

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Goddamn now I want congee

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's rice soup for sickos

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RIP Syndrome posted:

to be clear from the standpoint of this c-spam thread, what we're living through now is the spread of a new disease that could be with us forever plus actual collapse, and it's very concerning. i'm not sure what kind of take that qualifies as but i'd be hard pressed to offer anything more insightful at this point

A vibrant modern society would ensure its citizens weather the storm, no matter how long, while working on and then distributing a vaccine.

But we dont live in a vibrant modern society, we live in America.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had honestly never heard of congee but I'm open to being persuaded of its merits :colbert:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stereotype posted:

yes. also it is going to be super funny the whole time

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Zeno-25 posted:

I had honestly never heard of congee but I'm open to being persuaded of its merits :colbert:

Do you like oatmeal.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

D1E posted:

MadJackal: I have a real medical question for you - do people just pretty much immediately die if they get injected with an air bubble? Or is that just movie/television bullshit?

If it's that easy why isn't it the most common suicide method?

When I was in the hospital I asked my nurse about this! The answer is you need a lot of air, not just some bubbles in your IV line. Like a fat syringe full of air, then bad things happen. (I didn't ask further about how bad it was, like death rates and poo poo.)

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol my SO getting screamed at over the phone by her fully manic dem grandmother over her nojoe stance. Fun fact that this lady HATES trump and Biden and called Biden a brain damaged rapist last time I saw her, she was a Bloomberg supporter XD

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

Do you like oatmeal.

its not really like oatmeal

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Telsa Cola posted:

Do you like oatmeal.

I prefer cream of wheat

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Antonymous posted:

lol jesus this parachute still has cancer lmao

now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anybody else have the succdems in their life leap immediately to pathetic begging, I feel like let time they tried to sell you on Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Anybody else have the succdems in their life leap immediately to pathetic begging, I feel like let time they tried to sell you on Hillary

this is the coronavirus thread