Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my wife did a girls night video call with her high school friends and her friend who was a nurse (but pivoted to selling mlm poo poo) literally said "sometimes I get really worried but other times I just think it's China manipulating us"

She sounds pretty consistent with the red flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
My MIL is a former nurse who moved to MLMs and posting about the dangers of GMOs. We somehow got lulled into thinking she was taking this virus seriously because she was talking like she was but by “taking this seriously” she meant “only going to the store 3 times a week”.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i dont see how big box retail comes back after this. i assume people will still wanna eat out because thats a nice treat but in the priority of that or spending money to goto a store to spend money when the gov deffo ain't willing to fill that void in lost income thats gonna happen. :shrug:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

BattleMaster posted:

certainly the military has access to better tools than 3D printers

no

we gave most of those away

or they are on contract and won't do other work

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Bulgakov posted:

i dont see how big box retail comes back after this. i assume people will still wanna eat out because thats a nice treat but in the priority of that or spending money to goto a store to spend money when the gov deffo ain't willing to fill that void in lost income thats gonna happen. :shrug:

yep, shopping malls are loving done too.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dick's Sporting Goods done, Logan's Road House done. Who's next?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
Gamestop is basically an intubated roni case and we all know it's not going to make it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
Maybe some nutter will turn a shopping mall into the world's largest gun store.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

can't believe they haven't turned a mall into a hospital yet

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I really hope I can get an antibody test soon so I can get a head start on my new estate sale hobby.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

a helpful bear posted:

https://twitter.com/chaselyons/status/1248019633744908289

bill gates can go out in public without a mask because he has advanced nano bots in his blood that instantly destroy coronavirus

that pic is like a year old at least

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mod sassinator posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol paula deen put her stupid restaurants in that chudtrap

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

i will never forgive memphis for putting that stupid loving bass pro shops inside the pyramid. especially cause they stuck the gigantic logo on there.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

BeefThief posted:

https://twitter.com/MitchellReardon/status/859814980333350912?s=20

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

the mall was already a prison

:twisted:

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

yep, shopping malls are loving done too.

anecdotal but sometime late summer I went to a boston burbs mall to meet a friend and it was absolutely packed. legit hour+ lines to check out in primark (lol), parking in the christmas parking lots in august, food court mobbed etc. they have hundred+ stores i'd guess. three floors, giant.

anyway yeah its prob dead now, that was its last gasp i guess.

burlington mall btw: https://www.simon.com/mall/burlington-mall

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mod sassinator posted:

if an empty mall offers cheaper event hosting than the convention centers that run the routine gun shows that happen in america then sorta kinda a sure thing

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1248076021603151878

"the Left:" looks towards this 1% piece of poo poo for information holy gently caress ING poo poo LMAO

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BeefThief posted:

malls are uniquely lovely for any purpose other than being a mall. people have investigated turning deadmalls into housing etc. turns out two bathrooms for every 20 units and no cooking facilities means theyre uninhabitable. they are worthless un-repurposeable properties, the perfect monument to capitalism

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

no pubes yet sorry posted:

anecdotal but sometime late summer I went to a boston burbs mall to meet a friend and it was absolutely packed. legit hour+ lines to check out in primark (lol), parking in the christmas parking lots in august, food court mobbed etc. they have hundred+ stores i'd guess. three floors, giant.

anyway yeah its prob dead now, that was its last gasp i guess.

burlington mall btw: https://www.simon.com/mall/burlington-mall

I went to that mall a couple times when I lived in Burlington and I did not enjoy it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It would be nice if the BBC wasn't just another mouthpiece for Tory shitcunts so this was coming from a place of honesty but it's still a pretty brutal opening.

https://twitter.com/malonebarry/status/1248055961216061440

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

prohibited

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

fermun posted:

this rules, i live in the area these poles are and i've not found yeast at stores for a weeks but we still have plenty of flour, and to keep a sourdough starter going, you have to toss like half or more of it out every day or something,

If you keep it in the fridge when you're not baking you only need to feed it once a week.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chad Yemen fights though a cholera outbreak while under blockade. Winning a war while literally a victim of genocide.
Virgin Saudi Arabia sues for peace after some useless royals get COVID19. Losing a war thanks to the flu.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chad Yemen fights though a cholera outbreak while under blockade. Winning a war while literally a victim of genocide.
Virgin Saudi Arabia sues for peace after some useless royals get COVID19. Losing a war thanks to the flu.

For a second there I thought you meant there was a Chad / Yemen alliance

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Barnes_Law/status/1248151603171012608?s=20
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1248126768520859648?s=20
https://twitter.com/chrisbergPOVNOW/status/1247680994821509121?s=20

I feel like we've moved from "Just the flu" to "Coronavirus isn't real"

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

france and germany are probably in recession and the troika really wants to implement bailout packages for europe that includes a bunch of austerity measures to be brought in a year or so from now

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

france and germany are probably in recession and the troika really wants to implement bailout packages for europe that includes a bunch of austerity measures to be brought in a year or so from now

I know it's awesome

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol that anyone actually thought the virus would hurt those in power

https://apnews.com/71d952faad4a2a5d14441534f7230c7c

ap news posted:

Outcry over racial data grows as virus slams black Americans

The data came mostly from large, racially diverse cities and states, but even in states where nonwhite populations are large, the impact of COVID-19 was outsized, particularly on the black community. The effect was so large that even if the 1,200 death cases that the AP excluded from its analysis because they were recorded as “race unknown” turned out to be white patients, blacks still would be overrepresented in the share of cases — and even more so in the share of deaths.

For instance, Louisiana tracked demographic data in 512 deaths and found 70% of victims were black, despite African Americans comprising just 32% of the state’s population. In Michigan, more than half of the deaths where race data was collected were black residents; the state’s population is 14% black.

Illinois’ population is 17% Hispanic and 14% black yet, as of Monday, 63% of its caseload of more than 9,000 COVID cases with racial data recorded were nonwhite residents, and at least 40% of the state’s 307 victims were black.

ZIP code data in New York City released last week showed that black, brown and immigrant communities are disproportionately represented among the diagnosed virus cases and deaths. On Wednesday, the city’s Department of Health released racial data showing 27.5% of the victims whose race is known are black, although blacks are only about 22% of the population.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Chard posted:

if i get the 600 extra trumpbux per week i will literally be making more on unemployment in CA than i did working 40 hours per week

i have a masters <---- :owned:

:same: coroni doing more for me than bernie ever did ftw

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

ah yes, the totally unreasonable thing of saying that if someone has been exposed to covid-19 and dies of covid-19 symptoms that you might attribute their death to covid-19 despite the fact that they don't qualify for testing because testing is limited and they're dead.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

fermun posted:

ah yes, the totally unreasonable thing of saying that if someone has been exposed to covid-19 and dies of covid-19 symptoms that you might attribute their death to covid-19 despite the fact that they don't qualify for testing because testing is limited and they're dead.

The President has never acknowledged that testing is limited, and that's that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

please be accurate here, the 600 a week extra in unemployment are BernieBux, he fought hard to keep those in

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Took a huge bong rip and now I see Bernie Babies everywhere

Xepherra
Apr 4, 2008

It burst into flames! It burst into flames, and it's falling, it's crashing!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

As an EMT, if I were somehow laid off the 600 bernie bux would not only be a 25% pay increase, but I'd also be safe at home with all of my fun and exciting comorbidities.

Instead I'm going to die broke and get tossed in a mass grave. :toot:

I hear you. Catch me in the refrigerated Wawa truck. Maybe all the sweet loops on my 5.11 tacticool pants will make it easier to yeet me into the ditch.

Now that I’m getting crisis pay *deaths of your colleagues required I’m making a bit more than the Bernie bux. My base rate is less. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1246497851133362182?s=19

The French are finding a lot of dead in their nursing homes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-france-scrutiny-of-nursing-homes-brings-soaring-coronavirus-death-toll-11586384344

So in five days France have discovered an additional 2,600+ dead in their nursing homes and only half the nations nursing homes have reported.

quote:

In Northern Italy, officials say the virus has ripped through nursing homes, leaving at least hundreds of people dead who haven’t been included in the country’s official coronavirus death toll of more than 17,000. That’s because they, and countless others, were never tested.
There's also this from Italy. Where they're not even testing.