Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

univbee posted:

"Want to see what six feet looks like? :quagmire:"

six feet UNDER more like :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Covid-19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

brugroffil posted:

A lot of jobs like that are running on inertia right now and will disappear quickly when new orders or contracts don't come in.

This is where my company is at. We're still busy right now with all our existing projects. But most of our customers are at least partially shut down and there's nothing new showing up.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1248214768940470272?s=20

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

ryanrs posted:

gently caress slow cookers. Why would I want to cook my beans even slower than usual? Especially if you're adding other vegetables, you want add each one at the right time so they all finish cooking at the same time. Like if you add carrots at the beginning, they'll just be mush by the time the beans are done.

The whole point of slow cookers is that you don't have to worry about any of that nonsense, you just add everything and let it go, outside of fancy pants recipies that want further interaction.

Having made soup with both beans and carrots in it this way many times including as recently as last week... everything cooks perfectly, that's the whole point. Yes, it has to cook for a day or so, but actually doing the food prep is like 6 mins of work plus add water hit button.

Slow cookers rule. Like a third of my isolation shopping was various dehydrated containers of things to go into a slow cooker.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cabbages and Kings posted:

The whole point of slow cookers is that you don't have to worry about any of that nonsense, you just add everything and let it go, outside of fancy pants recipies that want further interaction.

Having made soup with both beans and carrots in it this way many times including as recently as last week... everything cooks perfectly, that's the whole point. Yes, it has to cook for a day or so, but actually doing the food prep is like 6 mins of work plus add water hit button.

Slow cookers rule. Like a third of my isolation shopping was various dehydrated containers of things to go into a slow cooker.

I like to prep a slow cooker the night before, start it up when I leave for work, and then my apartment smells delicious when I come home.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The replies to this are amazing in a “this is going to be so much worse than it should be” kind of way

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonny 290 posted:

a ruger mini14 is right around 600 bucks just sayin
lmao good luck finding one at that price

gun people are all chicken poo poo cowards who get so frightened at the slightest hint of a crisis that they run out and give him manufactures all their money

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The replies to this are amazing in a “this is going to be so much worse than it should be” kind of way

I'm with the guy saying they should do farts next

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We are all going to die. Why wait?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Where's that new unemployment filing number?? Want it now

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

brugroffil posted:

Lol BoJo is in ICU still

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1248213586851377152

mentally able to make decisions

now thats an endorsement of good health if i ever saw one (the article says his condition is improving)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1248227080640188417

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

I wonder what will happen when 6.6 million people can't afford food or a place to live.

It'll probably be fine.

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Actual Satan posted:

I wonder what will happen when 6.6 million people can't afford food or a place to live.

It'll probably be fine.

6.6 this week. its more like 17 million, total, on just first time unemployment filings

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Actual Satan posted:

It'll probably be fine.

Hey, the got $1200. What else do you want.

*phone rings*

They didnt? And it took how long? And they have to pay how much in rent? HOW OFTEN?!?!

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
oh and the state offices are all so overwhelmed (and deliberately made lovely) that this is a massive undercount of a metric that massively underestimates the unemployment rate. but this is definitely fine, capital actually loves this

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1248230262921715713?s=20
BLOOD

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1248213586851377152

mentally able to make decisions

now thats an endorsement of good health if i ever saw one (the article says his condition is improving)

"BORIS, CAN YOU HEAR ME? BLINK ONCE FOR BREXIT, OR TWICE FOR BREXIT."

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

some sort of fish posted:

6.6 this week. its more like 17 million, total, on just first time unemployment filings

Hmm.. sounds extremely fine

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

friendly 2 da void posted:

a friend of a friend got denied a hospital bed because he was in his mid 30s and "not at risk"

he died in his home in two days and these were his last facebook posts. rip.

wow, that’s terrible, goondolances

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
How do you make decisions non-mentally?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

alphabettitouretti posted:

"BORIS, CAN YOU HEAR ME? BLINK ONCE FOR BREXIT, OR TWICE FOR BREXIT."
he has become comfortably dumb

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

:ohdear:
Hmm. I'm starting to get concerned. I'm starting to think I may be dead or homeless in a few months.
The 50# of beans in my freezer gives me solace.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

a friend of a friend got denied a hospital bed because he was in his mid 30s and "not at risk"

Goddamn. Wondering if it's worth looking into CPAP machine hacking (my wife and I each have one) in case we similarly get shut out of the hospital with severe symptoms (although our area's managing things pretty well so I think this isn't likely).

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Anybody else see this giving a pass to Trump when he would have certainly had to eat poo poo if the economy had just entered a recession like it was expected to before covid was even a twinkle in a bats eye?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

well, with your pecker, as I regretfully do often

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I am sorry for this.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Be a Tory

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm so sorry dude :(

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

univbee posted:

Goddamn. Wondering if it's worth looking into CPAP machine hacking (my wife and I each have one) in case we similarly get shut out of the hospital with severe symptoms (although our area's managing things pretty well so I think this isn't likely).

Here's one project and I think there are others as well.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

I agrre that we should pull back manufacturing from china, but i know that we are gonna do it in the dumbest way possible.

Instead of well paying manufacturing jobs in the US we are gonna intensify production in Myanmar or Democratic Republic of Congo or some other repressive hell country with lax labor laws.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1248234671290437633?s=20

It looks like the nefarious Dr. Fauci is up to his old tricks

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

NofrikinfuN posted:

Anybody else see this giving a pass to Trump when he would have certainly had to eat poo poo if the economy had just entered a recession like it was expected to before covid was even a twinkle in a bats eye?

Brace yourselves for WW3.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I wonder if my mom got rid of all that silver my dad bought.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

shiit :(

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

dex_sda posted:

Be a Tory

no thank u

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lol we’re all going to die

https://youtu.be/qKggnBh2Mdw

Pollyanna has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
forums cancer in 2020, impressive