Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i feel like it should be a rule that if you say you've cut your own hair and it looks realy good you have to post a pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Thanks! :)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sassassin posted:

Turns out cutting hair is really easy, you don't have to be a busty girl too thick to do her A levels (but it must help somehow).

Piss off with this incel poo poo.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

lmao so nhs england's guidance got posted earlier today: Guidance for stepdown of infection control precautions and discharging COVID-19 patients

quote:

2. Stopping of COVID-19 isolation and IPC measures if patient staying in hospital
After 14 days following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test, IPC measures for hospitalised COVID-19 patients can be stopped if there is:
  • clinical improvement with at least some respiratory recovery
  • absence of fever (> 37.8°C) for 48 hours
  • no underlying severe immunosuppression
If testing for viral clearance is available, it should focus on:
  • the severely immunocompromised patients to support the optimal use of side rooms, or where side rooms are not available
  • any testing that optimises patient flow through the hospital, such as:

• long-stay patients who are unable to otherwise be discharged
  • those being discharged to a household where an extremely vulnerable person is being shielded

3. Discharge of patients to own home
This can be done when the patient’s clinical status is appropriate for discharge, for example, once assessed to have stable or recovering respiratory function, and any ongoing care needs can be met at home. They should be given clear safety-netting advice for what to do if their symptoms worsen.

Discharged patients should follow the Stay at Home guidance for households with COVID-19 patients:
  • if they required critical care or they are severely immunocompromised, they should complete their self-isolation until 14 days from their first positive test
  • patients who did not require critical care and are not immunosuppressed should complete their self-isolation until 7 days from their first positive test
For all discharged patients, self-isolation at home should continue until their fever has resolved for 48 hours consecutively without medication to reduce their fever (unless otherwise instructed by their acute care provider – for example, another reason for persistent fever exists).

Cough may persist in some individuals, and persistent cough is not an indication of ongoing infection when other symptoms have resolved.
compare that to the nhs scotland advice i posted last week: Guidance from the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) on treating patients with COVID-19.

quote:

6.3 Removal from Isolation
Patients may be considered for removal from isolation if:
- Patient has already been at home or in isolation for 7 days since onset of symptoms.
- Patient has been afebrile for 48 hours
- Patients symptoms are resolving or resolved (excluding cough)
- Patient has had two negative COVID-19 PCR combined throat/nose swab results 24 hours apart with the first repeat sample at least 7 days after the first positive test.

quote:

If there is a high clinical suspicion of COVID-19, and negative initial tests, repeat sampling is required. Deep respiratory samples (sputum/tracheal aspirate) have a higher sensitivity than nose/throat swabs, so if a patient has a productive cough then sputum should also be sent for COVID-19 testing. Under no circumstances should an induced sputum be performed.
can anyone spot the difference???

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

i feel like it should be a rule that if you say you've cut your own hair and it looks realy good you have to post a pic

hi

crispix fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 9, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Here's mine.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:lmao:

should have bought a rechargeable one.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

hemale in pain posted:

Save for one or two 'job interview tomorrow and don't want to gently caress it up completely' moments I've been cutting my own hair for about 15yrs now. Same set of clippers that I got for 40 quid so they've paid for themselves about 30-60 times over already. I'm not posting a pic tho because my default haircut looks like poo poo. Number 4 on top, 3 on the sides and 2 near the sideburns. The back is always a hassle so I occasionally get Mrs. Barfish to clean it up.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Red Oktober posted:

At the hospital having the time of my life with Boris. He's just out of frame, laughingsitting up and engaging positively too.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
The real secret to shaving your head is to just use a razor. Then you don't have to worry about straight lines or fades, and you can tell if you've missed a spot by just running your hand over your head.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

RockyB posted:

The real secret to shaving your head is to just use a razor. Then you don't have to worry about straight lines or fades, and you can tell if you've missed a spot by just running your hand over your head.

Yeah I originally started using clippers on my head when I embraced going bald, but very quickly moved to using razors. Once you get through a few tries where you cut your head open and look like a murder victim it's so much better.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

sassassin posted:

Turns out cutting hair is really easy, you don't have to be a busty girl too thick to do her A levels (but it must help somehow).

the internet's broken me, the first thing I thought was like, she can't fit in the chair or what?

but also gently caress off with this

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

A thing of beauty.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Here's mine.

loving :lol:

Where is the original of that from, anyway? I like to think it was a "MS paint the worst possible way you could wipe your arse" GBS thread

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

loving :lol:

Where is the original of that from, anyway? I like to think it was a "MS paint the worst possible way you could wipe your arse" GBS thread

I think the same place as . "MSPaint your worst bathroom experience" or something

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's from the GBS how do you wipe thread.

e: Or a previous one on a similar topic, because that one's way too recent.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I have noticed people on this internet site generally enjoy discussing their bowel motions, there

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The chocolate orange police:

https://twitter.com/Mc_Heckin_Duff/status/1248230440554704897?s=20

sassassin posted:

My (busty) hairdresser friend has a degree and owns her own salon.
She has done some fantastic work with women who have suffered partial hair loss from disease or cancer treatments so they don't need to get wigs.

Hairdressers have a valuable role in society regardless of their academic qualifications: both their technical expertise (it's a fact that - like it or not - many women feel much better in themselves for having decent haircuts, makeup etc) but also the fact that there is a chance for a bit of 'me' time and someone who will listen to them downloading their problems.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
in defense of portable AC, there are a lot of renters in converted and terrible old housing stock. you're never, ever going to keep an old Edwardian brick mass like mine truly cold, a portable AC can keep your little pocket tolerable.

setting up a fan to blow out the heat at night and strategically closing windows to keep it cool longer is also very pro.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Lol at all the police chiefs becoming tinpot dictators practically overnight.

I know it's necessary but i feel they've been waiting for this moment their whole lives

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
How can they possibly justify that when there has been no message from government about what people are allowed to buy from supermarkets and supermarkets have what they have on the shelves for people to buy and are imposing restrictions where necessary :psyduck:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Are house parties and buying a chocolate orange even illegal yet? As in, there's legislation prohibiting these activities

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lol at all the police chiefs becoming tinpot dictators practically overnight.

I know it's necessary but i feel they've been waiting for this moment their whole lives

This is training for full Brexit.
"Oy son, is thats Quinoa I see in your bags. GETINTHEBACKOFTHEVAN!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CoolCab posted:

in defense of portable AC, there are a lot of renters in converted and terrible old housing stock. you're never, ever going to keep an old Edwardian brick mass like mine truly cold, a portable AC can keep your little pocket tolerable.

setting up a fan to blow out the heat at night and strategically closing windows to keep it cool longer is also very pro.
It's strange that window units didn't become more common here.

Those Victorian/Edwardian brick masses would all have had sash windows before the UPVC revolution, and a couple of the ones on my street still do, and window units are far superior to portable ones (and arguably to split system ones if you're renting or don't want to pay for servicing).

You can even get heat pump ones that act as cheap heating in winter.

The only downside is it looks like you've got the arse end of a fridge hanging out of your window.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Every single one of these sort of tweets has someone in the replies saying "when are they going to close the mosques??"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Normally I’d be the first person to whine about casual misogyny, but the thick busty girl down my local £6 place took the entire side off when I specifically told her only to trim the back of my neck and I’ve looked like an idiot for months so sod her.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

Every single one of these sort of tweets has someone in the replies saying "when are they going to close the mosques??"
It's weird that out of the whole population they're most concerned about the people who wash their hands at least 5 times a day, cover their face, and avoid pubs. :thunk:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Isn’t there a viz strip based on the ridiculous premise of underpant (?) inspectors, because I feel the British police are going that way soon enough

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If what I saw when I went shopping today is any indication of a wider trend we can look forward to the lockdown getting stricter soon given the amount of people having big barbecues or family meet ups this weekend.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My wild theory is that the people scrawking the loudest about but ma civil liberties are the ones most likely to go to a different supermarket every day to pick up one day’s worth of food/beer, because they just can’t loving stay at home like a normal person.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/HowUpsetting/status/1247850207896842240?s=20

the sheer sickening fawning over our poor stricken prime minister are pushing me into actively hoping he dies because gently caress him and gently caress all of them.

his pals in the lobby are all insisting that we ought to be wishing him well as the top of the news agenda (while they bury casualty figures for his fuckups), but he is pretty much the only person who is ill directly because of his own decisions. Those decisions have or will also put potentially hundreds of thousands of other people into similar positions, and the news is acting like I should personally be wishing him a speedy recovery.

he's just a man, he has no special powers, he was loving this up really badly before ending up quadraspazzed on the life glug and I'm supposed to care about him getting better and back to work more than the other ordinary people who are dead or dying or horribly ill with this disease?

nah

plus it would be an amazing arc from gobshite Brussels reporter to suicide by pandemic and that will be much more interesting in the history books

Brits are pathetically servile and deferential to authority, any authority at all. Bojo is getting his knob slobbered because he's the PM, that's it. You're supposed to care about him because if you wish him ill now it makes a mockery of the whole concept of hierarchy, and if the hierarchy doesn't mean anything then these petty fash fucks on twitter have an identity crisis and lose the loving plot. To head that off, they try to shut you up instead.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I started doing this two months ago and how the hell do you do the back properly?

I go over my head with one setting then shave any part that I don't want to have hair with a razor.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jel Shaker posted:

Isn’t there a viz strip based on the ridiculous premise of underpant (?) inspectors, because I feel the British police are going that way soon enough

Nooo it was the bottom inspectors:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

learnincurve posted:

My wild theory is that the people scrawking the loudest about but ma civil liberties are the ones most likely to go to a different supermarket every day to pick up one day’s worth of food/beer, because they just can’t loving stay at home like a normal person.

It’s a poo poo theory, boot locker

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isomermaid posted:

Does "mentally able to make decisions" imply "not physically able to make decisions" I wonder?

That's what I was wondering, does that mean he's unconscious but they assume his brain is still working :v:

Guavanaut posted:

It's weird that out of the whole population they're most concerned about the people who wash their hands at least 5 times a day, cover their face, and avoid pubs. :thunk:

https://twitter.com/JMBooyah/status/1245537894732726273

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 9, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

This is training for full Brexit.
"Oy son, is thats Quinoa I see in your bags. GETINTHEBACKOFTHEVAN!"

And and and he'll pronounce it all like Quinn-oh-ah and say it in the slow, deliberating tone of someone deciphering unfamiliar hieroglyphics :newlol:

wot's this quinn oh ah then?! *points tazer* ROITE ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FLOH NAOW GET ON THE FLOH

I don't understand why English peelers call it the floor even when they are outside. That's called the ground, then. Probably asking this would get you the old "YOU GETTIN SMAWT WIV ME SANSHOINE" treatment and you'd be minus a few teeth in short order

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Gorn Myson posted:

If what I saw when I went shopping today is any indication of a wider trend we can look forward to the lockdown getting stricter soon given the amount of people having big barbecues or family meet ups this weekend.

People are still having to go to work every day at entirely unnecessary jobs where they can't avoid people, and the police are nowhere to be seen. Surprise surfuckingprise.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

That's what I was wondering, does that mean he's unconscious but they assume his brain is still working :v:

That's what I suggested on the Discord.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Wait, so let me get this straight. The police are threatening to root through people's shopping for 'unessential items'. So if they find a tub of ice cream amongst your bread and corned beef they're implying they might take it and write you up for it? I kind of understand if you're going to the shops every other day to stock up on tube after tube of pringles and nothing else but I completely fail to see the harm in picking up some sweets or whatever while you're already there anyway. This seems like it could be solved completely by just adopting the 'take paperwork when you leave the house' approach because it would dissuade people from going every other day for frivolous stuff while still allowing them to get whatever the hell they like when they do go. I guess loving everything up at every possible juncture and making things worse for everyone is very on brand for Brexit Britain.

Maybe I could get some form of easily identifiable marking on my clothes to indicate I have diabetes and therefore must be permitted wine gums, 10/10 precedent.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

My wild theory is that Liberty and HRW are already taking reasonable precautions and telling others to follow so that these restrictions don't get any worse, and it'll be the "why didn't they close the mosques, we didn't have any human rights when I was growing up" lot that think they're immune and ignore the restrictions.