Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

The five states with the worst testing numbers (tests per 1 million of population):

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

1. Texas
2. Kansas
3. Virginia
4. California
5. Georgia

Caron Star State

Georgia is the outlier there because for almost the same level of under-testing they have three times the occurrence as the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CODChimera posted:

how is the US so bad at this

decadence

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CODChimera posted:

how is the US so bad at this

They arent bad at it they are making money off of this very well which was always the plan.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Korean Boomhauer posted:

so does walmart and target and cabellas probably have parking lot testing or what

they pulled funding for drive thru testing lololol

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1248213586851377152

mentally able to make decisions

now thats an endorsement of good health if i ever saw one (the article says his condition is improving)

hey i know we are all doom and gloom but heres what boris actually sounds like while sitting up in that bed with a tube down his throat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-WSSLwwn8

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

i want to watch baseball real bad

schnorkles is an anagram for shook nate

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Coronafest Destiny

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

eric ciaramella posted:

there's still new dota every day

And league. Esports truly are the future

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Korean Boomhauer posted:

so does walmart and target and cabellas probably have parking lot testing or what

u could probably find someone willing to swab u but i wouldnt hold my breath about getting results

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Marx Headroom posted:

schnorkles is an anagram for shook nate

:chanpop:

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

I miss sportsball :smith:

great username / post

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dolphin posted:

lmao ticket prices are going to be cheap as all gently caress for the foreseeable future

Oh for sure, my sister in law flew from Chicago to Philadelphia a couple weeks ago for $36 :laffo: I just mean once we obtain some level of "control" how many thermometers will I need to put up my rear end to go visit my in-laws in SE Asia

Also lol
https://twitter.com/melstonemusic/status/1248245662266740736

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/CDPHDirector/status/1248049047920730114?s=19

numbers seem awfully low in ca, county public health won't test me unless i am symptomatic and high risk, my primary care will test if i pay $500 after insurance for a panel of tests to rule everything else out and want to wait 7 to 10 days to get results

So is this gonna make the rounds as black people not dying from covid anymore after a week of breathless stories about that elsewhere

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MadJackal posted:

Direct quote from the other day: “We’re out of ICU beds for anyone not intubated. There is no more escalation of care. The only escalation is Heaven.”

Lol

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/CDPHDirector/status/1248049047920730114?s=19

numbers seem awfully low in ca, county public health won't test me unless i am symptomatic and high risk, my primary care will test if i pay $500 after insurance for a panel of tests to rule everything else out and want to wait 7 to 10 days to get results

San Diego County, where I live, has done 21,000 tests TOTAL to date. 1500 positive cases. County population ~3.3 million.

lmao

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
trump is currently at 5.3 9/11s with this event AND RISING

his last event landed him 1.5 9/11s

at this rate

HES GONNA GO FOR IT!!!! 100 9/11s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
anyone who dies of coronavirus automatically goes to heaven, its a weird loophole.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

can I get a shirt that says twoday was right

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burn Zone posted:

can I get a shirt that says twoday was right

theyre gonna kill so many opeople

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Noice.

Ave Trump, morituri te salutant.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

trump is currently at 5.3 9/11s with this event AND RISING

his last event landed him 1.5 9/11s

at this rate

HES GONNA GO FOR IT!!!! 100 911 9/11s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1248213586851377152

mentally able to make decisions

now thats an endorsement of good health if i ever saw one (the article says his condition is improving)
https://twitter.com/ChrisMasonBBC/status/1248286403550744577
hmmmmmmm

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

no baseball in springtime is just not natural

also number is going up quickly today i see

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Can someone post the very first TwoDay BCG post?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
https://youtu.be/QWmnBcNijvo

gay picnic defence has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Apr 9, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

reminder that the problem of a lack of a unified national shelter in place policy means that all the hotspots are happening at different time intervals.

If NY clears up and starts to reopen in a month when things in Des Moines start to flare up, its going to end up right back where it is. We have no unified policy, so we can't actually control the virus anywhere.

would be funny if Cuomo pushed to quarantine the population smaller states with later outbreaks from the rest of the country

lol

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hurry the gently caress up boris

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Boris and Rand Paul are up there now, breaking up the angels union

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

yeah dude is on a vent. no way you just hide a world leader away for three days with no statements or photographs if he was conscious and capable of making one

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Tbf it could just be a soft coup

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Gum posted:

Tbf it could just be a soft coup

Like from a dying pigeon

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Atrocious Joe posted:

would be funny if Cuomo pushed to quarantine the population smaller states with later outbreaks from the rest of the country

this would be unconstitutional and that is actually one of the problems, you cannot in any way restrict travel between the states like this.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol Canadian death estimate is basically proportionally for the population the same as the US estimate (they’re hoping for under 22k dead), despite us being pretty solidly locked down (at least I thought so, maybe too many areas are non-compliant).

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

the complete lack of sports is going to have consequences down the line but I have no idea what they will be

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

I miss sportsball :smith:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Agean90 posted:

the complete lack of sports is going to have consequences down the line but I have no idea what they will be

people going on strike just to hear the word strike

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

so do the people in charge think the virus is going to get fooled by all the positivity propaganda and obfuscation?

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Agean90 posted:

Are you forgetting Dana White and his mysterious FIGHT ISLAND?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

univbee posted:

lol Canadian death estimate is basically proportionally for the population the same as the US estimate (they’re hoping for under 22k dead), despite us being pretty solidly locked down (at least I thought so, maybe too many areas are non-compliant).

we are not solidly locked down at all. we're not US-level of making GBS threads our pants to spite our underwear, but good Canada ain't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Honestly and sincerely believe that turmp will use the Defense Production Act to order homeland security to round up the NFL and force them to play sport