Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1248319601647247361?s=19

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WAS IT IN A COFFIN?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Boris was never sick in the first place, he's gonna really die of actually getting corona in another couple months.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Dolphin posted:

he's one of those people that needs to shut the gently caress up about anything but food. he knows what he's talking about in the kitchen and he thinks that carries over to other aspects of life for some reason.

That's the case with so many people with a lot of talent in a specific field. They seem to think it translate into other things but generally it just doesn't.

See the medical doctors who branch out to make statements about physics or global warming or the physicists who spout bullshit about biology or sociology.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Liking the avatar post combo here...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pennsylvania schools canceled

It’s learn at home now until June

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I feel like all these Twitter posting death cultists are actually cowards and meekly obeying their respective lockdowns while trying to get others to go out and die.

There's a word for that.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I can't wait to see what americans try to distract themselves with when the circus is gone and they can only think of the bread.

Probably domestic abuse and thirst tweeting at AOC.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
All my heroes are dead and my enemies are in power

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

im on day 5 of symptoms buddy, buckle up it fuckin sucks

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

euphronius posted:

good, now it's time for some real world on the job training... from staying at home unemployed

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

same in Oregon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoondick posted:

good, now it's time for some real world on the job training... from staying at home unemployed

oh the kids have tons of work to do for school

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

are 20-30 minutes of being in the sun enough for vitamin D? I try to get that from my window

depends on your skin color and local UV index

if you're pale enough that the line between UV nourishment and destruction is very fine then just take the vitamin D pills, they're not super expensive and it's hard to OD

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Cithen posted:

like what's the plan with evicting folks, are landlords thinking they have a ton of folks clamoring to get into these apartments?

I'm slow on catching up with the thread, but the idea of eviction isn't just about the money. People think that if you don't have the money for rent, then you don't have money to maintain the premises. So they want to evict people so the property isn't damaged either intentionally or by dereliction.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what maintenance are renters doing

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

motherfucker pls no

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

CAN I PLEASE JUST HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF GOOD NEWS IT HAS BEEN A lovely WEEK

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ahahaha UK goons suck it.

If we have to have a foolish fat orange fop of a world leader you do too.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

All my heroes are dead and my enemies are in power

In this world the only heroes are dead.

euphronius posted:

what maintenance are renters doing

My boomer dad unironically believes renters should do poo poo like paint walls, and fix up their rental, you know, just wasting your limited resources to build your landlord equity.

He sees a rundown neighborhood of renters living on the edge of destitution and gets butt mad they aren't making "their house" look good. "Don't they have any self respect?"

Turtle Sandbox has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Apr 9, 2020

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Whoopsies

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin posted:

he's one of those people that needs to shut the gently caress up about anything but food. he knows what he's talking about in the kitchen and he thinks that carries over to other aspects of life for some reason.

Jesus Christ what did he say?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

holy poo poo PA didn't do that weeks ago?

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
my landlord in west seattle is an airbnb guy who lives on property and does art. he seems cool and the apartment is dope. i talked him into a handshake agreement for 4months while i prepped to move to BC and get married.

upstairs is a boomer couple who have been loudly talking poo poo about getting the country back to work for two weeks until the man started coughing. his wife is coughing today. obv he got me sick since ive been locked in for a month, no trips out

landlord seems fine but hes rotating in new upstairs boomers on the 20th. hes coughing now too

meanwhile im here until lockdown is over and the border is open which means indefinitely & my fiancee is stuck up in the interior locked up w/her roommate

rent is optional at this point, the city wouldnt let him evict me if he tried, but im still working so im still paying. good fortune to setup a remote contract so i could keep working until my Canadian PR visa comes thru

we'll see about literally everything

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

BeefThief posted:

There was talk of it in my county school districts, but this is the first time I've heard it officially statewide.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Cithen posted:

like what's the plan with evicting folks, are landlords thinking they have a ton of folks clamoring to get into these apartments?

they are incredibly stupid, yes

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

we striking cellphone bills yet?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cithen posted:

they would much rather have the apartment sit empty than someone be in it who isnt paying to be there.

There's a reason like 3 people total have gotten the $10k in Chicago for having your landlord go through foreclosure, owning property makes people insane and they will not countenance anyone living in what they think is theirs (it's the bank's)

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Apr 9, 2020

Morbus
May 18, 2004

D1E posted:

Ahahaha UK goons suck it.

If we have to have a foolish fat orange fop of a world leader you do too.

as long as neither gets the roni at the same time they are immortal

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
landlords should gently caress around and find out imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BeefThief posted:

yes but it it’s jsut official that they are closed until next year now

it’s all online work now

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

quote:

Ten Rikers Island correction officers refused to return to their posts early Wednesday morning for what would be 24-hour shifts at a jail with nearly 200 inmates who have coronavirus, while two others with confirmed cases were told to return to work, the Daily News has learned.

A total of 18 officers redeployed from Anna M. Kross Center to Eric M. Taylor Center — a facility that reopened last month to handle the influx of COVID-19 cases — worked triple tours without meals or protective masks, according to several emails sent by Correction Department staffers.

Nearby at North Infirmary Command — a Rikers facility where people in custody receive medical care — two officers with confirmed cases of coronavirus told The News they were ordered to go back to work against the recommendations of their personal doctors.
NYC correction officers ordered to return to work after testing positive for coronavirus

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norton the First posted:

Jesus Christ what did he say?
he's your typical succdem, smug as gently caress about how we can't have medicare 4 all and leftists are young dreamers, people need to learn to settle on candidates that aren't perfect, that bullshit

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

seattle plague rat posted:

im on day 5 of symptoms buddy, buckle up it fuckin sucks

oh i had it already (i assume, 2 weeks of mild but not severe symptoms), just was amused that the spotify recommendation algo clued in on what i was doing

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Ugh, probably. When I realized I only had non-disinfecting bleach in the house I almost cried.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Dolphin posted:

he's your typical succdem, smug as gently caress about how we can't have medicare 4 all and leftists are young dreamers, people need to learn to settle on candidates that aren't perfect, that bullshit

i don't give a gently caress, serious eats is my favorite website

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

correctional officers: too fat, too stupid, too corrupt to be cops, and soon to be - too dead

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
food guy bougie?!?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Landlords: you should have at least 3 months of rent saved up in case of an emergency.

Also landlords: if you don't pay your rent, I won't be able to pay the mortgage because I don't have 3 months of mortgage payments saved in case of an emergency.