Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol
so is the rate of growth actually decreasing or did they just stop testing more?

Out of ICU and into an oblong box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1248331588271824900

quote:

The White House will conduct coronavirus tests on all journalists slated to attend Thursday’s coronavirus task force briefing as a precautionary measure, the White House Correspondents’ Association announced.

“This is happening today in light of the news yesterday that a member of the White House press corps who was at the White House on Tuesday is experiencing symptoms consistent with coronavirus,” said the organization’s President Jonathan Karl, adding that the journalist’s coronavirus test results were expected later in the day.

The new measures Thursday come after Deborah Birx, the White House’s coronavirus response coordinator, warned Wednesday that the nation’s capital could be among the next hot spots for the disease.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lpzie posted:

yeah i just walked in and they handed me a few. no id checking, no nothing. nows the best time to load up. bring a cart or something. they're heavier then they look.

sweet. gonna make no bean chili tonight. will report back.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

It's been clear for a while that they'd not been keeping track of the outbreak as well as the othe places that looked successful based on the metrics. Still sad to see it confirmed though.

Egads, the White House actually being involved in a sensible precaution! Of course it will turn out to be a pretext to exclude journalists they don't like won't it. :smith:

I hope they test the non-press attendees as well...

Munin has issued a correction as of 21:50 on Apr 9, 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

harry is broke and will probably have to invent the next grill or beats headphones to be able to stay outside of england

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

big anti christ vibes

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

god this timeline loving sucks poo poo

can't even get one brief ray of sunshine

Henry Kissinger is also alive and healthy

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

The last person to die from rona is certain to be a goon

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I just baked some apples, 420/10 would do again

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lpzie posted:

yeah i just walked in and they handed me a few. no id checking, no nothing. nows the best time to load up. bring a cart or something. they're heavier then they look.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Often Abbreviated posted:

Don't even N95 masks do basically nothing if you don't wear them right and maintain the seal i.e 99% of people wearing them might as well not be?

i thought it was that it isn't sterile in the medical sense (ie it isn't a 100% intact seal) but it's still effective for the stuff it is covering just not as well as if it was a perfect fit

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Munin posted:

It's been clear for a while that they'd not been keeping track of the outbreak as well as the othe places that looked successful based on the metrics. Still sad to see it confirmed though.

Egads, the White House actually being involved in a sensible precaution! Of course it will turn out to be a pretext to exclude journalists they don't like won't it. :smith:

I hope they test the non-press attendees as well...

quick someone get me a job with OAN and a vial of contaminated covid blood

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nonsense posted:

harry is broke and will probably have to invent the next grill or beats headphones to be able to stay outside of england

or sell his rolodex to a billionaire for a few million dollars

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dunno about the rest of ya'll but i've been hitting the gym every morning, and evening and sustaining myself on bean. jim bean.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
this virus seems to spread really well from breathing and is really bad at living in any other situation so we need to get ppl in burly reusable masks that get sterilized after their shifts imo instead of nurses weeping behind tattered surgical masks jfc

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chmods please posted:

i thought it was that it isn't sterile in the medical sense (ie it isn't a 100% intact seal) but it's still effective for the stuff it is covering just not as well as if it was a perfect fit

I though that it makes people touch their face even more

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I though that it makes people touch their face even more

cant touch ur face in a gas mask op

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The gym is a great place to get the roni, so, why.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

wake up sheeple, the storm is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsUHdgHQ8jE

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gas masks, rubber suits, bleach buckets, long handled brushes, it works for bio war and it works for fetishes itll work here

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

seattle plague rat posted:

j kenji lopez alt is my nemesis, an insufferable shitlib

i stopped reading his twitter when he started the martyr routine of "i'm only in my restaurant for the love and passion of the work, i've taken zero profit" ... because it was a newly opened venture and he's still a fuckin ownership partner or w/e

and then getting in fights with people about doing needless stuff to contribute to global warming, like a month after posting how he flew to china to eat food

perfect representaion of a warren supporter

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which you'll obey and then disobey
You'll disobey but then you'll obey

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Britain is trying to do their panel shows with video conferencing and it's not working. This is unsustainable.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/PatBlanchfield/status/1248105920917364738

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

It was about the 10th of September that my curiosity led, or rather drove, me to go and see this pit again, when there had been near 400 people buried in it; and I was not content to see it in the day-time, as I had done before, for then there would have been nothing to have been seen but the loose earth; for all the bodies that were thrown in were immediately covered with earth by those they called the buriers, which at other times were called bearers; but I resolved to go in the night and see some of them thrown in.

There was a strict order to prevent people coming to those pits, and that was only to prevent infection. But after some time that order was more necessary, for people that were infected and near their end, and delirious also, would run to those pits, wrapt in blankets or rugs, and throw themselves in, and, as they said, bury themselves. I cannot say that the officers suffered any willingly to lie there; but I have heard that in a great pit in Finsbury, in the parish of Cripplegate, it lying open then to the fields, for it was not then walled about, [many] came and threw themselves in, and expired there, before they threw any earth upon them; and that when they came to bury others and found them there, they were quite dead, though not cold.

This may serve a little to describe the dreadful condition of that day, though it is impossible to say anything that is able to give a true idea of it to those who did not see it, other than this, that it was indeed very, very, very dreadful, and such as no tongue can express.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

see if you can get some b-brite or c-brite. I’ve been able to buy bleach too.

I ended up buying Barbicide.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

There's .... no such thing?

Read the fine print on some no-splash bleach and be as amazed as I was. Basically, it's not strong enough to disinfect.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1248272763967516672?s=20

Medium also has the Tara Reade is a liar post people think is genuine proof.

yea medium is literally a blog host set up to look like a news site to trick rubes. you should trust a medium "article" about as much as you trust a random post on 4chan

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

shovelbum posted:

you should be able to wear a mask around a rotating machine, think about a guy who is turning a toxic metal on a lathe or really anyone grinding anything, its more grabbable than bare skin but in a lot of cases not wearing one is clearly a greater hazard and theres no dangly bits from a real mask especially an industrial one

Yep, if you've got the right mask, absolutely no problem. Now bear in mind that the policy says no one is allowed in without a mask, they're not providing known safe masks, not giving any guidance on what is a safe mask, stores around here have been sold out of masks for a while, and the policy is effective immediately. Definitely not gonna end up with unsafe masks because people are afraid to lose their job, no sir.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?
^^^^
They'll be complaining about labor shortages in about 1 day.

Iron Crowned posted:

The best part is everyone in the US is already freaking out for being locked down less than 30 days.

No, they really aren't. Most people are perfectly fine with lockdown.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Flunky posted:

i stopped reading his twitter when he started the martyr routine of "i'm only in my restaurant for the love and passion of the work, i've taken zero profit" ... because it was a newly opened venture and he's still a fuckin ownership partner or w/e

and then getting in fights with people about doing needless stuff to contribute to global warming, like a month after posting how he flew to china to eat food

perfect representaion of a warren supporter

Him and Will Gordon turning out to be insufferable shitlibs was a big heartbreak.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/iowastatedaily/status/1248290598664187905

quote:

WHEREAS, our nation and world are suffering from a pandemic which has profoundly affected the well-being and livelihoods of millions of Americans; and

WHEREAS, this health emergency has created fear and anxiety in the minds of thousands of fellow Iowans during this uncertain time; and

WHEREAS, our nation’s motto is “In God We Trust,” with America being founded upon Biblical Judeo-Christian principles and values; and

WHEREAS, God’s word teaches us to “Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying”; and

WHEREAS, throughout our history Iowans have found peace, strength, and unity through prayer to God in humbly asking for His strength during times of difficulty; and

WHEREAS, prayer provides peace that surpasses all understanding and wisdom in times of crisis and conflict, turning us to Godi for His comfort and blessed assurance; and

WHEREAS, God’s unconditional love by sending His Son, Jesus, to be Savior of the world is remembered and celebrated by Christians during Holy Week of Easter each year:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Kim Reynolds, Governor of the State of Iowa, do hereby proclaim Maundy Thursday, April 9, 2020 as a DAY OF PRAYER in the State of Iowa and encourage all Iowans to unite in prayer and ask God to comfort and bless all severely impacted; to protect medical care workers, first responders and all who are serving during this crisis; to grant wisdom, courage and strength to our local, state and national leaders; and give us all the hands and hearts to be generous with our time, skills, and resources to serve our neighbors within and alongside the many churches, non-profits, businesses, and other organizations providing relief.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

I came to the conclusion yesterday that soaking beans is for chumps. Yeah that's right, I'm a Non-Soaker.

1. Fill pot with 3:1 ratio water:beans
3. Add bay leaves and salt
4. Bring to a boil
5. Cover and simmer for a few hours until beans soft

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

This seems pretty quick right?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Azathoth posted:

Yep, if you've got the right mask, absolutely no problem. Now bear in mind that the policy says no one is allowed in without a mask, they're not providing known safe masks, not giving any guidance on what is a safe mask, stores around here have been sold out of masks for a while, and the policy is effective immediately. Definitely not gonna end up with unsafe masks because people are afraid to lose their job, no sir.

Agreed definitely

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There’s a whole lot of ways to eat beans

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what sort of dipshit would knowingly aggrieve/bait-and-switch a person that just learned where you live? I'd chuck a loving brick through their window

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lmao @ praying the covid away is an actual strategy now

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wow, 15 whole people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
what a stupid, stupid country

e: also those "protestors" are astroturfed. i don't know why but i just know it.