Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

lmao @ praying the covid away is an actual strategy now

Also allowing Chud mega-churches to stay open as a "essential" service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

this is fuckin crazy

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm in Hawaii and I'm going to the arcade with my husband and we're going to have fun :unsmith: We might be able to afford to go to the $2 movie theater and get burritos afterwards, too!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gripweed posted:

Am I the only on who doesn't find this very reassuring?

🎶 We'll meet again
Don't know where, don't know when 🎶

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/bydarrylfears/status/1248358063305883648

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

etalian posted:

You’d think they could just stream and allow people to tithe with their credit cards.

Probably to not pay the processing fees.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Gripweed posted:

wow she looks just like the lady on the bills

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

this used to be fairly common in America

(about 100 years before the revolution)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

trumo likes lungs that arent black

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Eat This Glob posted:

what sort of dipshit would knowingly aggrieve/bait-and-switch a person that just learned where you live? I'd chuck a loving brick through their window

Why the gently caress would the app be designed that way in the first place?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

de_coffins.bsp

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rah! posted:

trumo likes lungs that arent black

same for all the other body parts too...

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Why the gently caress would the app be designed that way in the first place?

Did you ever work with software engineers? They are almost as detached from reality of their product as the customers who are demanding toilet paper

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

lol judeo-christian principles

how the gently caress has that become a thing that people repeat without thinking about it for two seconds

your principles are that we killed jesus, our principles is that you're all fuckheads

there are no judeo-christian principles

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

The elites are going to normalize having 25,000++ new cases a day and demand we end the quarantine measures so we can shoot upwards again

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gripweed posted:

yeah well all meet again

in HELL

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

The elites are going to normalize having 25,000++ new cases a day and demand we end the quarantine measures so we can shoot upwards again

how do you suggest we maintean the ecobony

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Aren't we just gonna plateau with the limited testing and then see deaths spike until they stop reporting

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

WHEREAS, we don't have nearly enough working tests;

WHEREAS, we don't have PPE for our medical personnel;

WHEREAS, we don't have ICU beds or ventilators or gently caress all else;

WHEREAS, nobody can afford to go to the hospital anyway;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Kim Reynolds, Governor of the State of Iowa, do hereby call all Iowans to join hands in prayer and ask God for mercy; now turn to your left, and join hands, now turn to your right, and change partners, do-si-doh.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Jon Irenicus posted:

Aren't we just gonna plateau with the limited testing and then see deaths spike until they stop reporting

what matters a little death for Jon Irenicus

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gripweed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VlruVG81w&t=10s

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
While taking a drive I found the perfect workout slash hookup place that doesn't look to be very hygienic or maybe even a real establishment

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol judeo-christian principles

how the gently caress has that become a thing that people repeat without thinking about it for two seconds

your principles are that we killed jesus, our principles is that you're all fuckheads

there are no judeo-christian principles

They never mean the Judeo part they just don't want to get in trouble for saying Christian

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

lol, throw out all epidemic models. here's the real hotness: projectile motion at 45 deg with inelastic collision. go!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

thanks to covid, I’ve learned that a lot of insta models/influencers live in real lovely houses

running out of angles to show that butt, seems like

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Lote posted:

R0 of 0.9 means that if we have 10,000 active cases, we would need to go through about 75 cycles of infection in order to reduce that to 0. If you can get it down to 0.1, that would be about 5 cycles. Even 0.5, which is pretty drat good considering this thing is so infectious, would require 14 cycles before you have a chance that it goes to 0.

You don't need to get it to 0 you just need to get it below 1.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

snoo posted:

what the gently caress does 'reactivating' even mean

Herpes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/edengillespie/status/1248160159987142658

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/jt_osaki/status/1248224076016959488?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1248358286887452672

quote:

Pattie Stockman, wife of former Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), asked President Trump to pardon him amid the coronavirus pandemic so his 10-year sentence for fraud and other white-collar crimes “does not become a death penalty.”

Stockman, a conservative firebrand, was convicted in April 2018 of 23 felonies for allegedly misusing $1.25 million in campaign funds for personal expenses. The 63-year-old is currently serving his sentence in a federal prison in Beaumont, Texas.

“My pleas are reasonable. Keeping an aging, physically vulnerable, non-violent, non-sex crime convicted inmate in prison during a pandemic is cruel. My husband is not a danger to society. At a minimum, I want Steve to shelter at home so that he’s not sent to me in a body bag in a few weeks,” Patti Stockman said

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

“and that's the American Dream. And when you're done with that, you go, "Oh, that's why they call it a dream. It's bullshit.”

said Doug Stanhope

Edit: That tweet says location is Sydney, but gently caress it I still really like that quote

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

do you want to see the stock-sized hole in stockman's stock portfolio?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Whatever

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

brugroffil posted:

why is the 6ft thing inadequate? I've missed that one

this poo poo is highly aerosolized and we were lied to not to wear masks so healthcare had a small time lead on getting to masks first

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1248362072750071809
seems totally stable to me imo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

international Diplomatic row brews as J-pop star “GACKT” rouses rabble against government during the modern Pox Pandemic

President Donald Trump of The Apprentice fame has called his closest advisors, A-Rod and Guy Fiero to defuse the situation

up next: Is murder ok, if it makes your life easier? our Instagram influencers discuss

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

this poo poo is highly aerosolized and we were lied to not to wear masks so healthcare had a small time lead on getting to masks first

is there any proof on it aerosoling besides the bus study that got pulled

not that i'm arguing that it does, i think everyone should be assuming it does

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/09/evictions-coronavirus-minnesota-charges-landlord

keith ellison is good yall

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

i've been out of the loop for a few days, any links on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

lmao gackt