Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

i took my lsat on the liberty U campus and the campus cops were no poo poo walking around with bibles in hand

it was fuuuucked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

in the book already

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1248272008934285314?s=20

nobody understands how lockdown works, it’s amazing
the germ theory of disease takes a while to gain widespread adoption

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

that kinda pandemic homeless plan might have work in the before times, but nowadays when 60 million other people are in the same shoes? lol no you won't find any mcdonalds that isn't being 24/7 monitored by armed guards. and every grassy spot hidden away and near them is going to be teeming with other people.

get something that you can hunt food with. get good at it. consider moving to a remote part of alaska, like this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG3fUIoXQ5A

theres not enough animal/plant biomass in the wild in north america to sustain much of anyone

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
been two weeks where my trump bux

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

When the hell are we supposed to get our 1200 fun bucks

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

that kinda pandemic homeless plan might have work in the before times, but nowadays when 60 million other people are in the same shoes? lol no you won't find any mcdonalds that isn't being 24/7 monitored by armed guards. and every grassy spot hidden away and near them is going to be teeming with other people.

get something that you can hunt food with. get good at it. consider moving to a remote part of alaska, like this guy:

That guy had years of experience in construction, outdoor survival and civil engineering before he went solo in Alaska.

twoday
May 4, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

a lot of people haven't even accepted the theory of foul air causing disease, which was popular already in the middle ages

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Zotix posted:

Goons i need more substance in my steak chili I'm making. It's got beans(if you don't think beans should be in chili, gently caress you). But it seems like it's lacking substance. What can I add?

Butternut squash or sweet potato. I like to add sweet potato and slow cook until it's so mushy it's indistinguishable from the tomato sauce.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

twoday posted:

in the book already

does a receipt nullify the curse?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

shovelbum posted:

theres not enough animal/plant biomass in the wild in north america to sustain much of anyone

yeah you just have to be a teeeeeny bit more resourceful and willing to work for it than everyone else so you'll be the one to survive. you don't have to be an olympic sprinter, you just have to be a little faster than the slowest people to avoid the lions

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

etalian posted:

That guy had years of experience in construction, outdoor survival and civil engineering before he went solo in Alaska.

well we're all stuck indoors for some months--use that time wisely

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wrex Ruckus posted:

does a receipt nullify the curse?

based on the picture, I presume this is a bathroom of a store which is not trying to sell toilet paper

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

*extreme eric garland voice* "Guys, it's time for some germ theory"

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

hope you brought your tax returns for the past three years and documentation of all your assets, this is a Dem-run "Coffee and Doughnuts for the Unemployed" store

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

lol what you want us to spoonfeed you?

CDC updated their research 2 days ago and found the R0 is 5.7 or higher: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0282_article

previously they thought it was ~2.8. it's a huge increase and would only really be possible for something that travels in the air

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

holy poo poo

I remember a doctor on Twitter freaking out because the statistics were saying it was 3.6, predicting (if it were true) the end of civilization

hope he’s ok

smiling fondly as I recall r0 guyovich mocking feigl-ding for R0 5.47

happier days

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

D1E posted:

Anyone else thinking about using their $1,200 in TrumpBux to buy a small packable tent, a sleeping bag, a camp stove and a nice rolling cart and just running with the whole homeless thing?

Once McDonald's opens back up I can charge my laptop there and use free WiFi to shitpost, and "shower" in their bathroom.

I probably only need to beg about $10 a day to live.

Any goons want to join me? We could play LAN games together at Mickey D's.

i would do this if not for my cat

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i would do this if not for my cat

cats are good hunters though

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/KanakManiDixit/status/1248285360934629377?s=20

https://twitter.com/BCG_Birchip/status/1248143820551847937?s=20

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sharkie posted:

hope you brought your tax returns for the past three years and documentation of all your assets, this is a Dem-run "Coffee and Doughnuts for the Unemployed" store

lol

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Just reading "officials readying for may re-opening" makes me want to do nothing but scream and eat chocolate.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

3 rows high, two colums... let me count... about 120 people in this mass grave

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Just reading "officials readying for may re-opening" makes me want to do nothing but scream and eat chocolate.

:same:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Zil posted:

When the hell are we supposed to get our 1200 fun bucks

cheese eats mouse posted:

been two weeks where my trump bux

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

WHERE the gently caress is MY money

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I've already used my trumpbux to get teh tp, I'll never run out

twoday
May 4, 2005

triple sulk posted:

WHERE the gently caress is MY money

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

univbee posted:

Goddamn. Wondering if it's worth looking into CPAP machine hacking (my wife and I each have one) in case we similarly get shut out of the hospital with severe symptoms (although our area's managing things pretty well so I think this isn't likely).

hey someone already replied I bet, becuase I'm grossly out of date but try holding in two buttons at once and seeing if you get to the secret menu. On mine it's the knob and the home button, that will usually get you into the machine's secret settings if you want to play around with settings inside of that. I had to do it for someone once because their machine broke and they got donated a machine from someone else and I was able to get into the menu and set the pressure and such for them to their needed levels. (yay healthcare!)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"temporary" graves are the dumbest thing ever

just incinerate them, stockpile them somewhere, or permanently bury them

why "temporarily" bury the bodies

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

D1E posted:

Once McDonald's opens back up I can charge my laptop there and use free WiFi to shitpost, and "shower" in their bathroom.

They've started removing power outlets in fast food restaurants so homeless people can't charge their phones. The era of the free charge and bathroom in fast food restaurants is fuckin' over.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Build catacombs imo

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/laoneill111/status/1248294377958641670?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dustcat posted:

cops don't get to issue arrest warrants, in fact they're rather famous for needing a judge for that

:yooge: God is my judge

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

that japan bounce lol

Despite many advantages Japan had. The politics and society of "lets ignore the problem, hide it, maybe go away" is not working. Changing plans is required or mass death.

Most countries seems near the tip of the curve. I wonder how real is that, and how is a global lack of materials for testing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DO NOT GO GENTLY INTO THAT COLD EARTH

FREE YOURSELVES FROM YOUR FLESH PRISONS

EMBRACE THE PURIFYING FLAME

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator posted:

that's a great video, but please internalize Proenneke's ethic of wilderness and conservation and do not recklessly go out to mar the landscape

also remember he did not live a subsistence lifestyle, he was essentially a recreationalist and relied substantially on supplies being flown in to him

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

SKULL.GIF posted:

"temporary" graves are the dumbest thing ever

just incinerate them, stockpile them somewhere, or permanently bury them

why "temporarily" bury the bodies

Lol if you think theyre temporary. Thats just how theyre selling it to the public.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Welp

Lost an old friend and mentor to this poo poo yesterday.

Take care of yourselves everyone and stay safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

please understand trump needs to sign every check and you need to be patient