Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

just checked my recycling for tomorrow and can confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

want some fuckin wings now

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Paradoxish posted:

the us is also a really unique cause because our response has been so scattered and lovely, so we may plateau and then start rocketing back up

the epi people I know are expecting a flattening of the curve and descending but followed by big regional spikes because of this

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I have a surplus of bacon in my refrigerator because I've been buying it for $1.49/lb.

am i alone in thinking bacon is overrated as gently caress?

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

it just dawned on me that this is a breadline

these are the pics historians will share for our great depression

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Definitely feels like a fresh wave of denial has swept the US this week. A lot of misplaced optimism that we're actually suppressing cases rather than just slowing growth.

Not much discussion of our test capacity plateauing.

the model says we hit peak, we're there, it's over by may easy peasy

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its clear that social distancing and shutdowns, even in the US, is working to slow the spread and the current wave will likely kill less than 100k in the US. the problem is that we essentially need to maintain it in some form until a vaccine is widely available, which wont be for a year at least. so that is what the political conflict is going to be, and Capital will force us to reopen the economy and reignite a new wave of the disease, if not during the summer than in the fall.

We're gonna see a much harder time with social distancing compliance in the second wave also because people will be complacent. They'll think "oh, fewer than 100,000 people died, this is a nothingburger" and then they won't follow recommendations. It's gonna be great. :stoked:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mediaphage posted:

the epi people I know are expecting a flattening of the curve and descending but followed by big regional spikes because of this

yeah, and a bunch of lovely states will inevitably begin relaxing restrictions the instant the curve looks to be on any kind of downward trend

I'm really looking forward to 6-7 days after we open things back up and cases spike. Gonna be a lot of "wow look at this slight uptick what a strange statistical anomaly!" articles before panic sets in and everything gets locked down again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

happy Passover everyone

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

happy Passover everyone

cheers

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

Chag sameach meine mizbuchah

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

happy Passover everyone

hope you are spared today

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

this is not how I was planning to see the DP stop, but desperate times ...

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Spime Wrangler posted:

the model says we hit peak, we're there, it's over by may easy peasy

unfortunately the model in question was just one of Jared Kushners facebook friends

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i put bat blood over my door.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

That's the great thing about the internet

You can say you'll never vote for biden all you want and nobody will know that you did

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ew

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lpzie posted:

i put bat blood over my door.

same but pics of pangolin titties

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

MASTER (sgt) CHIEF

https://twitter.com/damonagnos/status/1248130533789323264

CCC U U M M
C U U M M M M
C U U M M M M
CCC UU M M M

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Privatized and non-profit breadlines don't count as breadlines to most people who bring up the word "breadline"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1248386640260632576

quote:

Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly said Thursday she will sue legislative leaders after they voted to overturn her executive order limiting in-person church gatherings ahead of Easter. Kelly said she would seek a swift ruling from the Kansas Supreme Court to resolve the matter.
“The last thing I want right now is a legal battle,” Kelly said at a news conference. “But as I said yesterday, Kansas lives are on the line and I took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution.”

The decision marked a dramatic escalation in the showdown over religion between the Democratic governor and Republican leaders, who struck down her order on Wednesday after calling it an overreach. The order had capped in-person religious gatherings to 10 people.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
[COVID-19 April] We urgently ask you, send execution drug supplies to hospitals

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Homeless Friend posted:

[COVID-19 April] We urgently ask you, send execution drug supplies to hospitals

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Pink Floyd posted:

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day?
Vera, Vera
What has become of you
Does anybody else in here
Feel the way I do?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I feel really bad for anyone dating a nurse. That poo poo has to suck.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Stereotype posted:

That USA line gets artificially compressed at high values because you can't test enough people, a thing that they should probably add as a line in there. Like, you literally cannot get more than 100k new cases a day, it is impossible, because we can't test more than that.
This is what has me thinking that calling this the peak is premature. New case rates are still going up despite doing the same or less tests.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Definetely in good faith to phrase it as if only religious gathering are being limited to ten or less.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Amateurs; they should see my booze graveyard

Hannot
Nov 29, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What's the actual deal with the heartburn/sternum pain stuff? I keep seeing people bring it up here but it doesn't seem to get a mention from any governments or health orgs that I've seen.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
mine is very clearly in the solar plexus and i have tingling and numbness in my face and extremeties too despite no trouble breathing and good sats

it is also causing my carpal tunnel to get much worse

for what it's worth

e: https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/seattle-woman-infected-with-coronavirus-says-dont-panic-when-recounting-battle-with-deadly-illness

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Apr 10, 2020

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1248367605422964743
starting to think we might be ruled by jello-brained incompetents

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Judakel posted:

my best friend is engaged to a nurse, both his parents got laid off, he lost his jobs, and the two of them lost a very good friend on Monday to an OD, it’s been a poo poo week and month

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Agrajag posted:

am i alone in thinking bacon is overrated as gently caress?

It's pretty good if it's just barely cooked instead of burnt to a crisp but that's pretty much every meat tbf.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Armadillo Tank posted:

MASTER (sgt) CHIEF

https://twitter.com/damonagnos/status/1248130533789323264

CCC U U M M
C U U M M M M
C U U M M M M
CCC UU M M M

wonder what his callsign is? Nut?

also that didnt look right until I quoted it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got laid off two weeks before the state locked down and my SO had a coworker of hers murdered Friday before her business shut down and all her coworkers went to the candle light vigil and then have not seen each other since as the funeral and work was canceled. I guess this is growing up

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I have a surplus of bacon in my refrigerator because I've been buying it for $1.49/lb.

where the gently caress you getting bacon that cheap

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Judakel posted:

i feel sorry for anyone who is a nurse

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Alan Smithee posted:

pork processing plants are allowed to inspect and remove their own diseased carcasses now, what do you think happens to the ones they remove

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dustcat posted:

pork processing plants are allowed to inspect and remove their own diseased carcasses now, what do you think happens to the ones they remove

they :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Alan Smithee posted:

A local liquidation grocery store. They're like what Grocery Outlet was before they got bougie.