Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guze posted:

Joey Pizza would be too silly a name for even the shittiest mob movie.

AYYYYY JOEY PIZZA! I"M GETTIN ADRENOCHONE OVA HERE!

Spaceballs was not a lovely movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1248339771933556736

seriously, this is like the least inspiring policy i can imagine.

how on earth is anyone gonna be motivated to vote for biden with poo poo like this

even goddamn HILLARY campaigned on lowering medicare to 55

This plan sucks. States like California already provide substantial aid through their public universities for low-income students. Even private universities do. It's like he wanted to propose something vaguely progressive without having to actually deal with the problem. It's like he compromised with the Republicans before even coming to the table.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hard to do when the competent governors are seeing 70% approval ratings right now.

aren't even dumbass idiot moron dickheads like desantis getting approval bumps (even though he's as incompetent as trump)?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

And that's only the official numbers of deaths due to COVID-19. The actual numbers are likely a good bit higher.

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

This plan sucks. States like California already provide substantial aid through their public universities for low-income students. Even private universities do. It's like he wanted to propose something vaguely progressive without having to actually deal with the problem. It's like he compromised with the Republicans before even coming to the table.

Voters: So what do you call the act?

DNC: The Joe Biden Experience!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GerryConnolly/status/1248334335658336256

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
What stupid grudge does Trump have against USPS again? Something to do with Amazon?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mat Cauthon posted:

An Asian woman in NYC got acid thrown on her and some nutjob stabbed several members of an Asian family including a five year old IIRC, all in the last week or so. And that's just what has been reported on.

It's definitely not getting better any time soon.

Jesus

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Does the states have any wage subsidies? I know that Canada just passed one saying they'd subsidize 75% of an employees wage if the employer kept them on.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Republicans have been undermining the postal service for decades in order to justify privatizing it, this most recent crisis is just a convenient excuse to finish the job.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Failed Imagineer posted:

What stupid grudge does Trump have against USPS again? Something to do with Amazon?

It’s not just a Trump thing it’s a Republican thing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Watch the Trump administration accidentally cause a constitutional crisis when they disband the postal service.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
He thinks that USPS delivers all of Amazon's packages for free. I think I remember hearing a while back that Amazon actually was responsible for a big chunk of USPS revenue.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arglebargle III posted:

Watch the Trump administration accidentally cause a constitutional crisis when they disband the postal service.

So many companies depend on it, it will most likely just be another mortal blow to the economy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Medullah posted:

He thinks that USPS delivers all of Amazon's packages for free. I think I remember hearing a while back that Amazon actually was responsible for a big chunk of USPS revenue.

Yeah iirc Amazon emerged at just the right time to prop up USPS when email annihilated regular post volume

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Medullah posted:

Yeah he's under the impression that the Postal Service is getting rinsed by Amazon and despite people explaining it's very good for USPS he is unable to change his mind ever.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You mean the postal service is a service and not some profit making business created to exploit people for money, but rather help them? It's pretty much the antithesis of Trump and the Republicans.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Madkal posted:

You mean the postal service is a service and not some profit making business created to exploit people for money, but rather help them? It's pretty much the antithesis of Trump and the Republicans.

I remember some moron coming into one of these threads complaining that the postal service was bad because it didn't make money for the government. Like yeah, no poo poo.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

lol we’re not even going to have working mail service in this country.

America is a loving lie

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Failure of the postal service would be pretty critically close to "actually civilization is collapsing."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

Did we talk about how poorly Crenshaw did against one of the dumber guys alive when it came to healthcare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7hjzaM9gs

The video cuts off halfway through.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Why have something if profit isn't involved.

Rich people just love watching the country they proclaim to love die because they've starved all of it's moving parts to death.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Syfe posted:

Why have something if profit isn't involved.

Rich people just love watching the country they proclaim to love die because they've starved all of it's moving parts to death.

I heard they were all trying to move to new zealand, because I guess thats where all the fallout bunkers are, so they can't love usa that much.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1248379618370838531

holy gently caress what?????

e: oh its in the CARES act

lmao trump is at least smart enough to tout the good parts of the law

So wait, I'm on the PSLF plan. Having my payments waived completely fucks up my 120 consecutive payments, doesn't it? I've been doing this for 4 years now, I don't wanna break the chain.

However:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1248339771933556736

seriously, this is like the least inspiring policy i can imagine.

how on earth is anyone gonna be motivated to vote for biden with poo poo like this

even goddamn HILLARY campaigned on lowering medicare to 55

that loan forgiveness does release me from my own personal hell, but it doesn't help the people hit the hardest.

Why are these people having such a hard time doing the right thing? Jesus Christ. All you have to say is "student loans forgiven" and you'd win over so many people.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
What happens if/when the Postal Service collapses? Will we not be able to get any mail anymore?!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Willo567 posted:

What happens if/when the Postal Service collapses? Will we not be able to get any mail anymore?!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

America is a loving lie

It's already happening in parts of New Orleans; there was a special on the local news tonight about how some parts of the city haven't received mail in 6 days. The postmaster general here responded, "yep, we're running out of money to pay people"

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lol everyone gets their SSI checks through the USpost. Having it collapse is up there with defaulting on treasury debt for "things you might think are a reasonable idea until everyone starts screaming at you"

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Framboise posted:

So wait, I'm on the PSLF plan. Having my payments waived completely fucks up my 120 consecutive payments, doesn't it? I've been doing this for 4 years now, I don't wanna break the chain.

They don't have to be consecutive. 120 payments total, and a missed payment won't erase the other ones you've made.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
God, we are so loving hosed if the Postal Service collapses.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Willo567 posted:

Arrgytehpirate posted:

America is a loving lie

We will still have mail, it's will just get privatized to the lowest bidder yet still cost you way more than you pay in taxes for the service as it exists right now, and poor people will be even more disenfranchised, exploited, and ostracized from civil society.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 10, 2020

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

They already can't get the $1200 checks out fast enough and they still want to nuke the post office

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Framboise posted:

They don't have to be consecutive. Usually the worst part would be that you'd still be accruing interest during deferment, but interest is currently being waived during the period.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Minorities?

African Americans?

People of Color?

Black People?

Nah, Blacks

Good job USA Today.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

atomicgeek posted:

They don't have to be consecutive. 120 payments total, and a missed payment won't erase the other ones you've made.

Xombie posted:

They don't have to be consecutive. Usually the worst part would be that you'd still be accruing interest during deferment, but interest is currently being waived during the period.

Interesting. This whole time I thought it had to be consistent monthly payments.

In that case, cool, I'll take it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This new policy isn't a blanket forgiveness, but it will forgive 100% of debt for people who:

It also includes a flat $10,000 forgiveness for private school debt.

Cool, how much will it help for me who's student loan debt is all from a private school

Oh wait, it won't even get rid of the accumulated interest.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Cool, how much will it help for me who's student loan debt is all from a private school

Oh wait, it won't even get rid of the accumulated interest.

You owe more in interest than I do in my entire loving loan and I *still* cannot afford to pay mine off at a reasonable pace.

This is hosed on multiple levels.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I stop reading this thread for a day because dems are a waste and suddenly there's a dude named Joey Pizza who's selling Trump quack drugs :psyduck:

The simulation continues its breakdown with no signs of stopping, I see. When do we get to the point where Trump steps up to the mic and instead of words the sound of a dial up modem comes out of his mouth? Because we're getting there...

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Framboise posted:

You owe more in interest than I do in my entire loving loan and I *still* cannot afford to pay mine off at a reasonable pace.

This is hosed on multiple levels.

My balance goes up each month because my IBR doesn't even cover the interest.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Conservatives be like

"The USPS? They work for ... THE GOVERNMENT. And you know what THAT means"

It's self-evidently bad. And if pressed it's about "they don't have to work and they can't be fired because they're all union, that's why they suck at delivering mail"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's like y'all didn't even watch Kevin Costners The Postman. No apocalypse stops the mail getting through