Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

He literally flip flops between praising the game and saying it sucks every other post. How could anyone take anything he says seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think he just stream of consciousness-posts. The game itself has massive ups and downs, sometimes you do get hosed by geometry + zerg rushes, but overall there's lots of ways to play which guarantee that any setback is extremely tiny.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've spent the past several days casually glancing at every tree in existence trying to find a single beehive. I have not succeeded.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

GoGoGadget posted:

He literally flip flops between praising the game and saying it sucks every other post. How could anyone take anything he says seriously

already explained it, but if you could read you'd understand

also, game good? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPm7Tu6x3ik

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
that grapple tech looks cool as poo poo and more games should absolutely encourage skill-based high-reward movement

I can imagine it can cause hella issues in a pvp game but I don't get paid to design games for a living, other people can solve those problems

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Oh man the patch has made it so i crash after leaving the zone which is kinda annoying when swapping stuff between walkers. im gonna have to just store everything in chests :ohdear:

have an insane steam post -

quote:

This morning a group of transgender people from France robbed me and a friend. But they still do not know what we have prepared for them in the near future) So look for a clan and do not cry!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Anyone have any ideas for what to rebind grapple controls to? The defaults seem lovely.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I've spent the past several days casually glancing at every tree in existence trying to find a single beehive. I have not succeeded.

they only exist in some environments, keep moving from oasis to oasis until they're common

one of us found like 80 in an hour and sold them for 750 each

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Anyone get video of that flawlessly executed assault last night that turned out to be against allies that were actually in our discord?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Anyone have any ideas for what to rebind grapple controls to? The defaults seem lovely.

That's a good question with no clear answer. Ideally nothing should interfere with WASD, so reeling should go on shift and either capslock or left-ctrl, but then you get issues mapping sprint and crouch. You could put reeling on the mouse thumb buttons, but the mouse is already prime real estate for aiming actions like the kick and the grappling shot.The game has too many inputs that can't be double mapped.

Soren_
Apr 3, 2012
Been playing in a smaller group with my friends. Decided to hop into a hard zone, saw multiple boats full of like 10 people each raiding random players, totally like 40 players.

Then I remembered it's a MMO, and checked the HMO for a post.

Game good. Play game. Wack people.

I do recommend turning down the fluid block angle sensitivity, otherwise you might rapidly fluid block in like every direction.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I have no idea what's going on with all the tablets, temples and points of interest but it's quite fun hanging out in a huge zerg.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Eurogoons, please yell out when you've claimed somewhere. It'd be fun dropping by and watching you fight people.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 8, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Donnerberg posted:

Eurogoons, please yell out when you've claimed somewhere. It'd be fun dropping by and watching you fight people.

We don't plan on getting a proxy walker yet, there's big chinese zergs on our servers and though we can defeat them using guerilla tactics, you can't use those when you have a loot pinata to protect

We're allying with a few folks though, so maybe in the future

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

As far as I can tell the forager module (that picks up foliage as you drive over it) just doesn't work? Other people are saying the same thing. Is there something everyone is missing?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Aertuun posted:

As far as I can tell the forager module (that picks up foliage as you drive over it) just doesn't work? Other people are saying the same thing.

This is correct

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

You're wasting your time looking in medium zones. They are all over the place in hard zones.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
last night we ran into a clan and fully raided them, picked up about 20k torque and 4500 fragments

who needs to farm when you can just thief from those who do it for you

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

last night we ran into a clan and fully raided them, picked up about 20k torque and 4500 fragments

who needs to farm when you can just thief from those who do it for you

Tell me more about how the rupu turrets dilute the game and make it boring please, that poo poo gets me off.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

M2tt posted:

Tell me more about how the rupu turrets dilute the game and make it boring please, that poo poo gets me off.

the devs already fixed that problem, it's almost as if i was right about how broken they are (were)

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

it's almost as if i was right

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

M2tt posted:

Trying to gotcha him over something he was right on is kinda cringy dude. Come back when you’ve got some thread content.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

please knock Mom! posted:

Trying to gotcha him over something he was right on is kinda cringy dude. Come back when you’ve got some thread content.

Good call dude, please let me know where I can hire white knights such as yourself to defend my own lovely content in the future tia.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

M2tt posted:

Good call dude, please let me know where I can hire white knights such as yourself to defend my own lovely content in the future tia.

No worries, just looking out for you. You can contact me ingame, I'm Italian Elon Musk. Enjoy the game!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

M2tt posted:

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

No worries, just looking out for you. You can contact me ingame, I'm Italian Elon Musk. Enjoy the game!

As you know there is no whisper function ingame so I'm going to need a more reliable way to contact you and also to transfer payment.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sorry I was having fun for a minute there, but now I'm just embarrassed for you so I'm going to stop.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Cool, thank you.

To any EU goons out there, we set up in a hard zone away from the Chinese. Currently holding it down with one allied clan, just quote this post if you’re stranded.

I’m not sure how long this faux-region lock will take. Anyone able to travel from eu to na? Game keeps telling me it’s impassible terrain.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i've warped over to the eu oasis. it would cost me 20k water to take my walker :ohdear: so starting from scratch

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

M2tt posted:

Globby makes so many terrible posts that you could probably just call him out while quoting at random and land an acceptable burn. How on earth did you gently caress this up so badly that you're tripling down on the one thing he was objectively correct about?

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Voyager I posted:

Globby makes so many terrible posts that you could probably just call him out while quoting at random and land an acceptable burn. How on earth did you gently caress this up so badly that you're tripling down on the one thing he was objectively correct about?

..... because I enjoy legitimate discussion about game mechanics. Why is this so hard to understand?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just stop.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Cool, thank you.

To any EU goons out there, we set up in a hard zone away from the Chinese. Currently holding it down with one allied clan, just quote this post if you’re stranded.

I’m not sure how long this faux-region lock will take. Anyone able to travel from eu to na? Game keeps telling me it’s impassible terrain.

Are you in Stronger Men? I tried joining earlier but I think you guys were busy fighting.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

GoGoGadget posted:

Are you in Stronger Men? I tried joining earlier but I think you guys were busy fighting.

Yeah that's us, our zone suddenly went from spacious to full so we were a little more careful. We can take on 1-2 more people just fine though, but we want to stay small. Prolly try tomorrow, I think most of us logged off to sleep. There's also the Flying Dutchmen in the same zone (orange flag + skull symbol), we're allied to them and they're dutch/swedish/english so a pretty good crew as well. They've got the best swordsman I've seen so far

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This game is alright :coffeepal:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

how does territory ownership work? if y ou kill someone why are they murdered now? what's the tax %?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

how does territory ownership work? if you kill someone why are they murdered now? what's the tax %?

It's not a Tax, more like we take a 20% bonus of all materials gathered in controlled land. Technically, the game assumes we are benevolent owners that want to allow people to come and live in our sim farm and let them use our crops... but as ruthless overlords, we want everything for ourselves and will gently caress anyone who comes into the territory as it should be. So when you murder someone in the territory it's marked in the map...

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfNi4UoGEkI