Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

blandular posted:

I just heard a snippet on the radio about a single study from the Mayo Clinic suggesting people with type A blood might be more susceptible to the virus. So obviously that's now a true and proven fact, but has anyone else seen that/could link to it? I'm trying to find it but having trouble

It's been suggested for a couple months now but it's only been lightly talked about. It's part of why I started vibrating so hard about this whole thing. My spouse is in WA. He's type A.

but his rear end ain't dead yet so maybe not?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

what about if you're Type O Negative? *sick sludgy guitar riff*

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

snoo posted:

drat it seems like the US is hosed up yall

:eyepop:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Question for anyone who knows Soviet history: Why didn't the nukes go off at any point when the USSR collapsed and balkanized, even as all the former Soviet states continued to have non-peaceful times?

Did Russia manage to secure all the nukes out of the countries that broke off?

Because now the other shoes (US empire) is about to drop and there are more nukes than ever to keep track of.

Was it because the Western world still standing during the USSR collapse, and was so busy making lucrative trade deals with Russia that a total breakdown of order into warlordism was avoided?

Could China fulfill that same role on the destroyed US empire to prevent it from decaying to the point that warlords/former military start fighting over the nukes while setting them off?

The Ukraine gave up their nukes in exchange for Russia promising to respect their territorial integrity. I don't think California or North Dakota is going to make that mistake...

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

cant believe my n = 50 study where i do an unadjusted glm for type a blood type vs other blood type gave me a p value of 0.049 and an effect size of 0.012,

e: just like my bcg study where i find slight correlation of mandatory vaccine schedules and lower coronavirus counts based on country-wide counts and not individuals,

e. e. : hydroxycodone,

not an endorsement has issued a correction as of 14:41 on Apr 10, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

life is a joke posted:

Unless this varies by market, your tip was already included in the order ($7-$10 where I live) by default, unless you removed it. You can adjust it and add a few extra dollars too. Look at the invoice and see if there's already a line for it.

I guess I understand where you're coming from about the tip already being added but even if it was added they're in the store shopping and putting their rear end on the line shopping. Give them more money for doing so if you can afford it. I will never be rich because when I had a job I gave people too much money when I had extra, spread the love because no one is going to save us but ourselves :(

maybe I'm dumb or something

Apr 7, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

I guess I understand where you're coming from about the tip already being added but even if it was added they're in the store shopping and putting their rear end on the line shopping. Give them more money for doing so if you can afford it. I will never be rich because when I had a job I gave people too much money when I had extra, spread the love because no one is going to save us but ourselves :(

maybe I'm dumb or something

https://www.pnas.org/content/109/11/4086

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

not an endorsement posted:

cant believe my n = 50 study where i do an unadjusted glm for type a blood type vs other blood type gave me a p value of 0.049 and an effect size of 0.012,

e: just like my bcg study where i find slight correlation of mandatory vaccine schedules and lower coronavirus counts based on country-wide counts and not individuals,

This is all the proof I need!

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
nice pnas

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
def dont want to start tipping wars on an internet forum but we've been tipping $10 at minimum just for hot food unattended delivery from one part of my town to another (which we've only done twice since mid march). $7-10 is too low if you can at all afford it and someone is grocery shopping for you.

i dont think anyone hates cash, even in these times? they're using gloves or whatever to do shopping and there's literally zero evidence that an infectious viral load could be transmitted via a cash envelope. cash is good because it's immediate, not tied to any bank/debit card/fees, and can be hidden from ridiculous govt means tests. gig economy workers have always preferred cash in my experience, especially drivers.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
nah I did check my invoice and there was no tip, my wife was f5ing the amazon website because the delivery spots were coming up and getting snatched up right away so I guess it didn’t go through or whatever

good point about being individually wrapped, mine just came in a big box and are not individually wrapped so maybe better to just forget it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

What the gently caress is a reading woman? Like this is the name of the town or this is the tax title for make ASMR channel on youtube?

blandular
Aug 22, 2004

i'm just looking for some light morning-after-being-laid-off reading :shrug:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Hope everyone loves COBRA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Even in death, the social ape likes to be congregated together. If any part of myself remains part of this world after death, that looks a lot more fun than being by myself in a box.

Tired: Being buried in wood box as worm food

Wired: Donating Skeleton to a necromancer cathedral to teach future generations how "Death is certain"

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

is the Iceland narrative just that? they have tested 6% of there population, and a large part that tested positive haven’t shown symptoms yet. is that data adjusted for the 2 week incubation period lag or just dumb logic conclusion

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

stephenthinkpad posted:

What the gently caress is a reading woman? Like this is the name of the town or this is the tax title for make ASMR channel on youtube?

Reading (pronounced 'Redding') is a town in England, so it's probably a place named after that

OG Reading is a shithole

Apr 7, 2003

England is so hosed up.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CM_Gallagher/status/1248490228030947328

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

I wonder why most of the "bread line" cars have sun shades in the window hmmmm I wah wah wonder

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

England is so hosed up.

It's genuinely, psychotically hosed up, and the english are insane

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

not an endorsement posted:

to the presses!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Bert Roberge posted:

Maine's having a good one in this quarantine after last night's snow storm.

all week every school meeting was like "maybe friday will be a snow day, har har har, wouldn't that be funny" then this morning we all got an email saying "uhh, most of the town and the students are without power, today is a snow day"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

all week every school meeting was like "maybe friday will be a snow day, har har har, wouldn't that be funny" then this morning we all got an email saying "uhh, most of the town and the students are without power, today is a snow day"

As if being attack by Stephen King monsters wasn;t bad enough!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

MageMage posted:

I wonder why most of the "bread line" cars have sun shades in the window hmmmm I wah wah wonder

are you the guy replying to that tweet who said the same thing and got loving owned for it? i think the answer is because people started lining up at 7pm last night. people may have parked their cars and left to reserve a spot even.

https://twitter.com/robfike/status/1248353675598336001

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

sullat posted:

The Ukraine gave up their nukes in exchange for Russia promising to respect their territorial integrity. I don't think California or North Dakota is going to make that mistake...

I'm hoping MAD will keep the nukes from going off but I don't see states giving up their nukes unless they want to join a collective or dare I say... a union of states. I know a contract uranium broker that used to work for TVA that's retired but still does it in their spare time, unsure if it's a good thing they're close to me or not (that individual kinda hates me for a few reasons but you know how being married to someone goes, you get their baggage and their fun family)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

awwwww

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

MageMage posted:

because it's sunny and hot in san antonio and they've been sitting there for hours, cspam mod. you can click through to the story and see!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Barry Foster posted:

Reading (pronounced 'Redding') is a town in England, so it's probably a place named after that

OG Reading is a shithole

I assume every New England town is named "New [British town]" like New Reading or sth.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Reading is the boring lame town that two of the Pod Save America guys come from IIRC

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

you'll just have various agencies and states (particularly the south) refuse to report numbers because this has become a RED vs BLUE thing.

In 6-7 years there will be a report that deaths were 10x what we thought they were and no one will think twice about it because the Game of Thrones prequel finale will be on.

Already looking forward to being let down by that episode.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

https://twitter.com/alexstaar_wx/st...758404%3Fs%3D19

Potential for some very severe weather and winds for much of the east coast and south and Appalachia Sunday Night into Monday. Possible 90mph wind gusts and potentially the most damaging storm since the derecho

Where can I find more info on this? Trying to see how it's going to affect the Great Lakes area. Browsing the NWS page and Google searches don't show me much

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/ziibiing/status/1248606174519402496?s=19

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

stephenthinkpad posted:

Italy death is not over. Their daily death toll is 30% down from the peak. So if you look at their daily death chart triangle (sharp upward slope and gentle downward slope), they probably have another 1/3 more death in the future.

Oh well, in selected regions (sorry, italian) our politicians are sending COVID-19 positive patients into nursing homes.

Nextquotidiano posted:

«Nobody has transferred or plans to transfer positive patients from hospitals to RSA[1]s. The idea is to employ new and unused structures ", Councilor for Health Luigi Icardi points out for days. But the text of the document, which more than two weeks after approval has not yet been published on official channels - "for technical reasons" explain by the Region - says exactly the opposite. So much so that the transfers have already begun, and only in the city of Turin there are at least eighty positive patients placed in a rest home.

This was despite the fact that such solutions had been immediately opposed by CGIL, CISL, UIL and Fisascat[2], according to which "at a structural level, the RSA are not equipped with isolated pavilions designed to guarantee the physical separation of spaces, but even more are not able to respond to the need to have a double structure of staff without contacts, which increases the risk of a promiscuous use of workers ».

Unions are hating this and now families are threatening a class action against the local government.

[1]RSA: nursing homes.
[2]CGIL, CISL etc are workers unions.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MiamiNewTimes/status/1248597851661389826?s=20
https://twitter.com/JoyPullmann/status/1248610626248695810?s=20
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1248603654283767810?s=20

DEATH CULT

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

holy goddamned poo poo

wtf

I haven't noticed any significant disruptions in San Antonio but I haven't been out of my apartment or the surrounding complex in about 3 weeks now.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Atoramos posted:

Hope everyone loves COBRA

hell yeah, using 100% of unemployment benefits to pay for COBRA, which will end up denying coverage for my covid treatments

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.

yes hand out 6ers its for our own good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

bill mitchell tweets are hilarious imo