Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Lightning Knight posted:

holy goddamned poo poo

wtf

I haven't noticed any significant disruptions in San Antonio but I haven't been out of my apartment or the surrounding complex in about 3 weeks now.

I think that's just a stock photo of a lot of cars

https://twitter.com/MargaretZhangMD/status/1248351362561310721?s=19

It looks like they can test for antibodies already but don't have the resources to implement testing on any sort of large scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bearjew posted:

hell yeah, using 100% of unemployment benefits to pay for COBRA, which will end up denying coverage for my covid treatments

wanna work my way into administering cobra plans so I can make people call me the COBRA commander

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

I'd be kind of concerned about these loving up the babies' pudding-soft skulls

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Conservatives: "Well actually, old people dying is good"

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Zyme posted:

I'd be kind of concerned about these loving up the babies' pudding-soft skulls

Coneheads was a documentary

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what these delusional freaks make of the corpse wagons piling up or the body ditches

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder what these delusional freaks make of the corpse wagons piling up or the body ditches

Could this use the same tool to see how far the CV farts can travel?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

not gonna lie, I don’t think life is ever really going to be the same after this

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.
Mill Bitchell is a few days away from eating worms and tweeting how they taste like delicious steak (how do you like that libs? are you paying attention to me?) and I don't like seeing him posted anywhere

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

twoday posted:

It looks like they can test for antibodies already but don't have the resources to implement testing on any sort of large scale

Why test for bad news when you can test for good news first.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If you can in the future, definitely tip via their system. It's a lot easier on those folks than cash, especially when they may not have gloves available.

If you have a "new in the box" one or one wrapped in plastic, probably. Otherwise you'll just terrify the poor guy.

Don't do this. Tip with cash when you can as you know the full amount is going to the delivery person.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

gay picnic defence posted:

Is that going to be effective when everyone knows at least one person who has died from it and there are mass graves everywhere?

I mean the MAGA types will definitely buy it but would a swing voter be convinced?

probably not. as is being evidenced time and again, people who suffer more will just assume they are some sort of outlier or that the dead somehow brought it on themselves. so when a person knows 12 people that died, between parents, grandparents, great aunts and uncles, friends and coworkers they’ll put a little mental note by each one saying they were particularly vulnerable due to age or pre-existing condition and just assume they were weirdly unlucky to be associated with so many that died.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/safoodbank/status/1248393287704051713

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

rump buttman posted:

is the Iceland narrative just that? they have tested 6% of there population, and a large part that tested positive haven’t shown symptoms yet. is that data adjusted for the 2 week incubation period lag or just dumb logic conclusion

I sure hope so, because my idiot government is betting everything on that and a screening of 1,000 healthy blood donors that it admits was done hastily and therefore not up to scientific rigor.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pollyanna posted:

not gonna lie, I don’t think life is ever really going to be the same after this

It's good that you've got your head around this early, because an awful lot of people still haven't and probably never will

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

twoday posted:

its not, im not sure why this thread has suddenly been invaded by "just asking some questions, seems like hysteria" folks all of a sudden, but i posted another on the ground video from the same thing.

Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Conservatives: "Well actually, old people dying is good"

When a Republican is in the White House, everything that happens is really good.

When a Democrat is in the White House, everything that happens is really bad.

That's really all there is to it, there is no further coherent ideology.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Barry Foster posted:

It's good that you've got your head around this early, because an awful lot of people still haven't and probably never will

nobody is ever going to blow out birthday candles again

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

This poo poo is wild, I'll have to ask my fiance how her trip to the store the other day was because she didn't say anything was out of the ordinary.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Mr. Lobe posted:

they're a democrat hoax to make are president look bad, OP

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

dang. i was gonna express some skepticism about the picture in the other tweet (not the numbers reported though) but i guess there you have it. those people are being really well behaved considering they are presumably concerned about starvation.

Apr 7, 2003

eveyrthing is bigger in texas, including poverty

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Atoramos posted:

Hope everyone loves COBRA

Is hard not to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thbICk05yPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eau6aU3PF4c

Tei has issued a correction as of 15:22 on Apr 10, 2020

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Karl Barks posted:

big anti christ vibes

this is just matthew mcconaughey with slicked back hair, don't lie

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

twoday posted:

Click through the article, there's many photos and it's clear that no, it's not a stock photo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I asked my fiance and she had gone to Target, she said it was basically empty of people, and they still had stuff. I guess people just can't afford anything, because the stores still have food.

:smith:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bearjew posted:

hell yeah, using 100% of unemployment benefits to pay for COBRA, which will end up denying coverage for my covid treatments

I'm sure that President Biden will bipartisanly leap into action and make sure that doctor's bills from COVID are non-dischargeable in bankruptcy!

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I was under the ice when America decided to liberate Libya, we got the message that had happened when we got the march madness brackets after being dark for awhile. No one was even talking about Libya when we pulled out of port, it was a bit of a mindfuck.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Rynn posted:

Where can I find more info on this? Trying to see how it's going to affect the Great Lakes area. Browsing the NWS page and Google searches don't show me much

This guy is annoying but here, I don't think it effects you though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmk8XWXvsYM

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

I asked my fiance and she had gone to Target, she said it was basically empty of people, and they still had stuff. I guess people just can't afford anything, because the stores still have food.

:smith:

The supply chain hasn't been impacted and people hoarded hard leading up to the events. Like my pantry is mostly full and all I need to get after two weeks of not heading out of the apartment is snacks, milk, eggs and beer.

But then the bread lines ARE massive though so who knows

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

lol

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
:siren: If you live in San Antonio or within ~1 hour of travel time of San Antonio, and you don't have food/essentials and a means of travel to get them, I will get them for you. PM or email me, my email is on my profile. :siren:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

life is a joke posted:

Reading is the boring lame town that two of the Pod Save America guys come from IIRC

when people say IIRC in caps I read IRC and want to log into EFnet but then I remember how horrible (but fun) it was back then and likely horrible but worse and likely not fun at all it is now

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
has any literature been published about potential reinfection

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This guy is annoying but here, I don't think it effects you though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmk8XWXvsYM

Thank you!

mystes
May 31, 2006

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/ziibiing/status/1248609784816734208

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

donald trump defeated covid19 he’s a hero of history

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

The Alpha Centauri posted:

has any literature been published about potential reinfection

https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-coronavirus-reactivate-unlikely-dormancy-2020-4

quote:

South Korea reported this week that 51 patients who had recovered from the coronavirus and tested negative later tested positive again.

Jeong Eun-kyeong, director-general of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in a briefing on Monday that the virus may have "reactivated" in those patients after going dormant. He said tests were conducted within a "relatively short time" after the patients were cleared, so it's unlikely they got reinfected.

"While we are putting more weight on reactivation as the possible cause, we are conducting a comprehensive study on this," Jeong said. "There have been many cases when a patient during treatment will test negative one day and positive another."

Most experts think it's unlikely that the virus reactivates after a "dormancy" period. Only a few types of viruses do that — it's sometimes called going latent — as part of their life cycles inside a cell. HIV and herpes are two examples.

It's more likely that the people in South Korea still had fragments of the coronavirus in their bodies after they recovered. Such fragments don't mean the patients are still infectious or sick, but they can still show up in a nucleic acid test, Dr. Keiji Fukuda, director of Hong Kong University's School of Public Health, told the Los Angeles Times last month.

"The test may be positive, but the infection is not there," Fukuda said.

I read this the other day

e: it is of course not literature

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

so people who post Bill Mitchell tweets have been reported for the past few months. Is this some kind of long-standing CSPAM rule I've never heard of, that his tweets are banned?

Because personally I don't give a poo poo if you post him or not but if the community feels strongly I'll enforce a ban. Or not. Whatever works.

the thing I hate most about this forum is the most hack right wing poo poo gets posted constantly and quoted and quoted and quoted. bitchel is probably the dumbest person to keep platforming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
It's owns how quickly television commercials used this crisis to sell poo poo.